Re-entry permit can still be done at Swampy?

Its been a while since I did one of these, are they still in the same place before passport control and is this all you need?

Passport or eligible travel document and its copy.
One 4 x 6 cm. headshot photo
1,000 Baht fee for single entry and 3,800 Baht for multiple entry
thanks

Turn right at the bottom of the escalator after you've been through security, big sign "Re-entry Visa".

At Swampy no need for anything other than your passport, they fill the form and take the photo. However there is a 200 Baht service charge on top of the standard fee.

There are reports of 'cheap charlies' taking photos and copies and avoiding the charge, up2u.

• Like 1

Be careful with your travel card. I was using my old one and after I got the re-entry permit, they took out my old travel card (not sure why). After my red face at the immigration desk, I had to go back and fill in a new card.

Be careful with your travel card. I was using my old one and after I got the re-entry permit, they took out my old travel card (not sure why). After my red face at the immigration desk, I had to go back and fill in a new card.

What is this Travel Card you filled in ?

If you are talking about the departure card TM6 the immigration officer will remove this from the passport as you depart. A new TM6 is completed on the plane/on arrival.

For a re-entry permit, just go to the local immigration office.

Just don't do it at Suvarnabhumi !!!

I did it myself at the Government Complex in Chang Wattana. A couple of friends thought it was unnecessary and wanted to do it at Suvarnabhumi.

All of them left the country without a re-entry permit on seperate occasions.

One friend had to cue up and had to wait for over 2 hours, almost missing his plane. He got his passport back without a re-entry permit and he paid 1,200 THB.

Another friend was there during the night and they just told him that he only could get a re-entry permit between 6 AM and 12 midnight.

The third one did not have the right picture and copies of his passport, visa and departure card. They couldn't help him.

• Like 1

I did it myself at the Government Complex in Chang Wattana. A couple of friends thought it was unnecessary and wanted to do it at Suvarnabhumi.

One friend had to cue up and had to wait for over 2 hours, almost missing his plane. He got his passport back without a re-entry permit and he paid 1,200 THB.

Another friend was there during the night and they just told him that he only could get a re-entry permit between 6 AM and 12 midnight.

The third one did not have the right picture and copies of his passport, visa and departure card. They couldn't help him.

How many years ago was that.

For a long time now the re-entry permit desk is open 24 hours a day. Since they started charging a 200 baht fee they do the form, photo and copies for you.

I have got my re-entry at Swampy and DM several times without any issue. The thought of queuing at Cheng Watanna for a re-entry permit is ..... urgh!

At both airports they are fast and efficient; I've never had a long wait, never had a problem and I've flown at night too. From my experience I would never consider spending the time going to an immigration office for a re-entry permit.

I can only assume FredNL that your friends didn't find the right desk (as it is small and difficult to find if you don't know where to look) or the information is some years old as things have now changed.

I have got my re-entry at Swampy and DM several times without any issue. The thought of queuing at Cheng Watanna for a re-entry permit is ..... urgh!

At both airports they are fast and efficient; I've never had a long wait, never had a problem and I've flown at night too. From my experience I would never consider spending the time going to an immigration office for a re-entry permit.

I can only assume FredNL that your friends didn't find the right desk (as it is small and difficult to find if you don't know where to look) or the information is some years old as things have now changed.

MJ is right. I got one at DM last week at 05.45 before the Hanoi plane. Friend got one this week at Swampy. Seems to be no problem now with either. Better than being Number 176 in the seats at Immig.

Off topic: Can the 90 day reporting REALLY be done at 7-11, or is that a hoax?

MJ is right. I got one at DM last week at 05.45 before the Hanoi plane. Friend got one this week at Swampy. Seems to be no problem now with either. Better than being Number 176 in the seats at Immig.

"Off topic: Can the 90 day reporting REALLY be done at 7-11, or is that a hoax?"

That was a Thai Visa April Fools' Day joke.

And you can't get Mama's noodles at immigrations either.

For a long time now the re-entry permit desk is open 24 hours a day. Since they started charging a 200 baht fee they do the form, photo and copies for you.

This was in June 2015 !!!

This was in June 2015 !!!

Can anyone support FredNL report. This is the first time I have ever heard this. I will be flying back to bkk next week with non imm o. Fly back out next day from swampy. Intend to get reentry multiple at airport.

This report seems incredible. Three strikes from 3 friends.

Is this another "fairytale"

• Like 1

"Off topic: Can the 90 day reporting REALLY be done at 7-11, or is that a hoax?"

That was a Thai Visa April Fools' Day joke.

And you can't get Mama's noodles at immigrations either.

It is unbelievable the amount of people that have fell for that and still talking about it four months later.

Has to be the longest running April fools joke ever.

I'm going to Cambodia soon an want get single entry early but not sure exact departure date. Do they need to know on the form at jomtien immigration for the single entry? I'm sure ubonjoe will advise me.

You do not need an exact departure date to apply for a re-entry permit. Some offices allow you to leave the departure and return dates blank on the TM8 application form.

The dates mean nothing because they are not on the re-entry permit stamp.

I'm going to Cambodia soon an want get single entry early but not sure exact departure date. Do they need to know on the form at jomtien immigration for the single entry? I'm sure ubonjoe will advise me.

You do not need an exact departure date to apply for a re-entry permit. Some offices allow you to leave the departure and return dates blank on the TM8 application form.

The dates mean nothing because they are not on the re-entry permit stamp.

Thanks Ubonjoe.