Phetchaburi Muslim community protests bacon factory

webfact

I dont like the way they kill their animals, i think it is in humane, but i wont protest, they dont have to eat the pork do they, this religion is getting beyond with all the demands, my town is mostly a christian town, and we dont want your mosques, but we will not protest if you want to build one, i wont go in there so i have no course to complain, neither have you to the pig factory, you will not go in there so you have nothing to complain about, if you are worried about the water buy fresh, most do in Thailand, or rain water, stop moaning about everything, your religion is starting to annoy most of the world now

Once more.

They were asked for their opinion as Thai citizens as to whether an as yet unbuilt factory should be granted a license to operate in their community.

They gave it.

Did they ask the non Muslim who live in the same community who like bacon as wel, did they like it, its crap and not valid, build it as it is in no violation of anyone, Thailand is not a Muslim country THEY JUST MAKE UP A SMALL MINORITY AS THEY DO IN ALL OTHER COUNTRIES, if it was a Muslim country do you think they would ask a non Muslim about putting a goat killing factory there, when they want to do something that may offend another religion they dont give a dam, the answer is no, they only care for their own religion, all others are non existent to them, but considering it was only a handful that put up a petition, it should be built as the minority should not affect the most
From the original story if you follow the link.

"A municipal official said authorities have yet to grant a license for the company to construct the bacon factory.

Currently, it is under the process of announcing the plan to the people, and to collect their opinion, Nat Areekul, director of the municipal factory registration division, said yesterday."

As for the rest of your rant: sigh.

Edited by Bluespunk

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like the way they kill their animals, i think it is in humane, but i wont protest, they dont have to eat the pork do they, this religion is getting beyond with all the demands, my town is mostly a christian town, and we dont want your mosques, but we will not protest if you want to build one, i wont go in there so i have no course to complain, neither have you to the pig factory, you will not go in there so you have nothing to complain about, if you are worried about the water buy fresh, most do in Thailand, or rain water, stop moaning about everything, your religion is starting to annoy most of the world now

Once more.

They were asked for their opinion as Thai citizens as to whether an as yet unbuilt factory should be granted a license to operate in their community.

They gave it.

Did they ask the non Muslim who live in the same community who like bacon as wel, did they like it, its crap and not valid, build it as it is in no violation of anyone, Thailand is not a Muslim country THEY JUST MAKE UP A SMALL MINORITY AS THEY DO IN ALL OTHER COUNTRIES, if it was a Muslim country do you think they would ask a non Muslim about putting a goat killing factory there, when they want to do something that may offend another religion they dont give a dam, the answer is no, they only care for their own religion, all others are non existent to them, but considering it was only a handful that put up a petition, it should be built as the minority should not affect the most
From the original story if you follow the link.

"A municipal official said authorities have yet to grant a license for the company to construct the bacon factory.

Currently, it is under the process of announcing the plan to the people, and to collect their opinion, Nat Areekul, director of the municipal factory registration division, said yesterday."

As for the rest of your rant: sigh.

Its not a rant, it is how it is, take a look around you and listen to what is said, people are to scared to upset a couple over a lot in some circumstances, and it always involves religion, this is about religion and not people, so its not a rant, its a fact

Once more.

They gave it.

What makes you think the other people in the community wants the factory?

The rest of your rant is off topic.

Once more.

They gave it.

Because i don,t see them protesting about it, so i take it that they don't mind, and that's on topic

Once more.

They gave it.

Because i don,t see them protesting about it, so i take it that they don't mind, and that's on topic

So you didnt see it therefore it didnt happen.

Officials are in the process of gathering opinions from locals. The mulims are Thai and hence gave their opinion as requested.

The remainder of the locals may have already agreed or not, or they have not yet provided a response.

So a simple 'i dont know' would suffice.

By the way, when you say muslims make up a small minority as they do in all other countries, in capitals for emphasis, you are patently wrong. They are majority in Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Malaysia, just to name a few. But it may be some blind hatred clouding you judgment which is indicated in you posting that because you dont see others protesting then they must agree.

Once more.

They gave it.

Officials are in the process of gathering opinions from locals. The mulims are Thai and hence gave their opinion as requested.

The remainder of the locals may have already agreed or not, or they have not yet provided a response.

By the way, when you say muslims make up a small minority as they do in all other countries, in capitals for emphasis, you are patently wrong. They are majority in Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Malaysia, just to name a few. But it may be some blind hatred clouding you judgment which is indicated in you posting that because you dont see others protesting then they must agree.

Being Non Muslim countries, not Muslim countries, read it again, no blind hatred, and show me where it says the other residents dont want it. or dont agree

Once more.

They gave it.

Being Non Muslim countries, not Muslim countries, read it again, no blind hatred, and show me where it says the other residents dont want it. or dont agree

I cant show you because it is not kniwn. YOU are the one who said it should be built as the minority should not affect the most.

I simply asked how you know they have a minority view. You dont know it is minority, it could be majority.

Muslims here have escaped their own countries and selected a religion alien to theirs---their choice to accept or go back.

Muslims have been here for dozens of generations. Their ancestors were here for hundreds of generations before they converted to Islam.

Where, exactly, would you have them go back to?

There is no problem for any religion here, BUT small communities should keep MUM especially when it tries to dictate to the masses Buddhists what they should do----this is a no go. Same in any country.

I did not just tell them to go home as your post suggested--------are you trying to pick up brownie points to look good.?? I am aware that Christians have been part of many Arab countries but --example--when it was suggested you build a mosque on the 9-11 site you are asking for trouble---GET MY DRIFT ??

Why should they keep MUM when they where ASKED for their opinion?

Live their way--in private more up to them--WHY ask for their opinion there was only 50 it said. Why rattle cages get on with your own thing without trying to impose your views. Is this an intrusion the same we are seeing world wide ?? is it a test to see how far they can push.

Christians living in India for generations do not start killing the cows or ordering them off the streets because they do not approve, when in ROME DO ..........??

They are not expats, they are Thai. So when in ROME DO... They are.

It does not matter why they were asked, the simple fact is that they were asked.

In societies those in power do ask what their locals want and dont want, its normal. People the world over do protest against things like McDonalds and Burger King opening in areas the locals dont want.

You make it sound like Islam is the only religion that tries to force their views on others. But not so, mormons have their 2 years of door knocking, Christians in Africa trying to convert others.

"You make it sound like Islam is the only religion that tries to force their views on others. But not so, mormons have their 2 years of door knocking, Christians in Africa trying to convert others."

What a ridiculous thing to suggest or comparison to make. I'm far more OK with Mormons or Jehovah Witnesses or the local startup congregation just knocking on my door every once in a blue moon (which I needn't even answer) than I am with Muslims trying to fly an airliner through it! Christianity certainly had its historical excesses, but it evolved. Islam not only fails to do so, but instead is all about actually regressing us all to absolute barbarity!

Everyone who's going on here about local Muslims in Cha-am having merely responded to a bid for comment is missing the point entirely. It's the REASON for their objection that is the topic here. Had they simply said they'd find the smell objectionable, or ground-water contamination unacceptable, they'd be getting a whole lot more sympathy. But no, instead they've chosen, pretty much as the world has come to expect Muslims to do, to make a religious battle out of it.

It doesn't matter what their concerns are. The community was asked for their opinion and they have it. Faith was one. It wasn't the only one.

If they were trying to stop another faith who also lived in the community building a place of worship that would be a different issue. But this isn't about faith. It's about people not wanting a factory and giving reasons why.

As of yet this is a proposed idea. There is no factory yet.

If it goes ahead and is built after proper consultation and within the law then I suppose the community will have to put up with it.

But that's the future.

Edited by Bluespunk

What a charade. As if the government really needs to collect feedback from muslims about having a pork processing plant in a (reportedly) 99% muslim area.

The government is playing this like a golden opportunity in the media. Methodical government process, including the people, asking for feedback..... and the fact its muslims is like cherries and whip cream on top. Lovely Jubbly.

The Government will not approve the license to operate to respect religious beliefs but that's not the real reason.

The reason is fear, and the government plays this PR game at its own peril. Plenty of examples in Europe.

edit: With respect to above ^, should the license to operate be issued after feedback has been given (read: warning of future religious insult and outrage), we can only guess how they will "put up with it".

Edited by 55Jay

If the Muslim community stops blaring out their wailing on loadspeakers 5 times a day, then I would have some respect for their position.

Until then, the building of a bacon factory should be obligitory throughout the Muslim communities in Thailand.

It's nice that a survey is done with the entire community. I wonder if one was done when the Mosques were built?

The Thai government usually provides around 50% of the funding for building mosques and their maintenance, so their would be ongoing dialogue with Thai authorities.

If anyone is interested in the relationship between the Thai State & the Thai Muslim community it is documented at the Thai government URL below:

http://www.thaiembassy.org/riyadh/th/organize/29025-Muslim-in-Thailand.html

Edited by simple1

If the Muslim community stops blaring out their wailing on loadspeakers 5 times a day, then I would have some respect for their position.

Until then, the building of a bacon factory should be obligitory throughout the Muslim communities in Thailand.

Ah, at last, the voice of reason.

they can also go back to Malaisia or Indonesia or south Arabia then they can live in

piece with there's religion. Insteed they want to change Thailand to those contry they maybe have run

away frombah.gifbah.gifhit-the-fan.gifhit-the-fan.gif

As i said before .... Nope they aren't going no where .... They are thais ... This is their country .... They live here and will continue living here for ever [emoji120]

Typical P.C. wimpy reply,let us all adjust to their noise , and thuggish ways of indoctrination..

They see it here,

They see it there,

They see PC everywhere,

Those dedicated followers of hatred

Apologies to the kinks

Edited by Bluespunk

They do seem to have a flair for making friends and influencing people. In a recent Finnish survey it was found that the average Finn would rather live next to an alcohol rehab clinic than a Mosque. In popularity stakes the Mosque was narrowly shaded into last place by a needle exchange for drug addicts. P.s in case there be any doubt I'm not making this up.

They do seem to have a flair for making friends and influencing people. In a recent Finnish survey it was found that the average Finn would rather live next to an alcohol rehab clinic than a Mosque. In popularity stakes the Mosque was narrowly shaded into last place by a needle exchange for drug addicts. P.s in case there be any doubt I'm not making this up.

80 years ago, you'd have gotten the same survey results for Synagogues.

Just means the spin doctors are doing their jobs. Kind of like Goebbels did.

"There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion. "

Lord (John Emerich Edward Dalberg) Acton

There is only one Mosque in Lisbon,and no blaring speakers allowed or any more to be built. We run Or Country not our Guests.

Hmmm. I've heard there are some beautiful spots to retire to in Portugal. Maybe I should look into that further!

I should have known how far the atheist apologist ideologues of the PC left would go in defense of the Islamic far right Deists.

Not apologizing for anything. But I'm able to process the fact that there are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world, and there were 13,400 terror attacks in 2014. Look it up.

Even if they were all Muslim attacks (they weren't), that would be one attack per 120,000 Muslims, and one terrorist attack fatality per 50,000 Muslims

And the vast majority of those attacks were Muslims attacking Muslims, over power and wealth in Muslim countries- hardly the Jihad against the Infidel we're being stoked up against...

So when a bunch of folks in a 99% Muslim area of Thailand don't want a filthy, stinking, polluting pig processing plant in their neighborhood, I support them. And not because I share their faith. FYI, I'd also support a bunch of Buddhists that don't want a lead mine in their neighborhood. And not because of their faith, either.

You, on the other hand, would give them the finger, just because of their faith. I think that's wrong. But I won't call you any names.

Edited by impulse

Over 300 posts here whilst thousands are being murdered every month elsewhere. Surely this must be a rind up?

Not want to BOAR you or HOG the post or tell porky pies, SOW life must go on. Have to go for a shave and RAZOR BACK the whiskers. As for the SQUEALERS who do not like the Bacon and it disrupts their life, move.

Over 300 posts here whilst thousands are being murdered every month elsewhere. Surely this must be a rind up?

Not want to BOAR you or HOG the post or tell porky pies, SOW life must go on. Have to go for a shave and RAZOR BACK the whiskers. As for the SQUEALERS who do not like the Bacon and it disrupts their life, move.

Why should they move? They live there, its their home. The pig factory however is not, thats why they were asked their opinion.

I'm sure if someone tries to build a nightclub or drug rehab centre next door to you and ask your view if it is ok to build you will not say a word and just....move.