FWD FX Rates

Just wondered where I can see forward rates for USD/THB and GBP/THB FX rates. Will this also give me an indication of where the market expects the FX rage to go or is it purely used to lock in a known rate at a point in the future, and the difference is totally due to the latter, or is it a mix of both?

Apologies in advance if this seems like a stupid question but I'm not that clued up on the markets.

Thanks

To me it is not a stupid question but I feel that it is mostly guesswork.

Out in the world there are handreds and thousands of financial whiz kids whose job it is to forecast things like this.

I have to assume that they are not much use in that job as they are still working for companies.

I think that if they were any good they would all be billionaires now and have hundreds of people working for them.

All you need to do is make an inspired guess and you have an equal chance of being right as all the experts. (Or as wrong).

Edited by billd766

reasonable explanation below

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/08/interes-rate-parity.asp

For a retail individual, where to get them will depend on what you're doing with them. If actually buying at forward rate then it's likely you'll be going thru a bank or moneybroker. they'll often add on a bid-offer spread.

If you're trading, then you'd be using the rates on your trading screen thru whoever your FX broker is

Edited by fletchsmile