5 women accused of being witches beaten to death in India

Lite Beer

5 women accused of being witches beaten to death in India

PATNA, India (AP) — Dozens of villagers in eastern India beat to death five women Saturday, accusing them of practicing witchcraft and blaming them for a series of misfortunes in the village, police said.

Residents of Kinjia village in Jharkhand state dragged the women out of their homes and beat them with sticks and iron rods, said Arun Kumar Singh, a deputy inspector-general of police in Ranchi, Jharkhand's capital.

The attackers blamed the women for several accidents and misfortunes suffered by villagers, including the death of an infant in Kinjia earlier in the week, Singh said.

Police have arrested around 50 people involved in the attack, Singh said. A large number of police officers have been deployed in the village to prevent any outbreak of violence.

Jharkhand's top elected official, Chief Minister Raghubar Das, condemned the incident. "In the age of knowledge, this incident is sorrowful. Society should ponder over it," he said in a statement.

Superstitious beliefs persist in many parts of India and have been behind similar attacks on women in Jharkhand. From 2000 to 2012, around 2,100 people, mostly women, were killed in India on suspicion of practicing witchcraft, according to the National Crime Records Bureau.

Kinjia is about 40 kilometers (25 miles) west of Ranchi.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-08-08

Savages.

You'd expect something like this in Udon Thani or deepest, darkest Mukdahan.... but India?

RiP.

seriously ?

try educating yourself on these disgusting lowlifes that rape and abuse children and treat women like dogs

BBC ran a documentary not so long ago - it is worth looking it up and watching, gives some insight as to how these inadequate so called human males actually think

India embraces CHAOS. They love it. It is in their DNA. You are not going to change them. You might wish to isolate yourself from their scourge. This makes them unpredictable, it also makes them top notch surgeons and programmers. They have no box to think out of. The above incident is deplorable, yet typical for any place of 1.2 billion embracing CHAOS as a national religion.

Thailand---believe it or not--embraces ORDER. Much more freedom in Thailand than in USA. If you go too far in Thailand,

you'll get the back of the hand. Or a visit from the BiB. In USA---COMFORT is the national religion.

Back to India---the following is several of endless examples---a bus with 68 seats sells 51 tickets, yet Indians feel compelled to stomp, riot and crush their countrymen and women boarding a simple bus. None of this in Thailand. Assigned seats on buses and movie theaters in Thailand! I love it!

Buses in Thailand are simply astonishing. One of the best bus systems in the world.

USA lacks a bus system worth mentioning.

Ever take a flight intra-India? A Boeing 737 is on final approach within Indian airspace. Indian passengers UNCLIP their seat belts, grab their luggage and run towards the front of the airplane, climbing over all. The pilot makes a great landing, but with all the passengers crammed up in the front bulkhead and their WEIGHT, the damn plane is WHEEL BARROWING down the runway, disaster narrowly averted! Nose gear severely overloaded.

This is NOT an isolated incident. Anyone that has traveled within India knows they are risking their lives being exposed to their national embrace of CHAOS.

One on landing I stood up and blocked the lunatic Indians with my crutches --blocking the aisle. They were very pissed off they could not exercise their CHAOS-given rites. The pilot thanked me.

I am walking with my lady friend at a seaside resort in Kerala at Fort Cochin. Indian men run up to grab my girls breasts.

My crutches came in handy.

Shopping at Topps in Pattaya. Pattaya Klang and Sai Song April 2015. The check out lane is long. My hand carried shopping basket is almost grazing the blouse of a stunner Tai female in front of me. She turned around and gave me a megawatt smile. Out of no where, a young Indian male crashes into the Tai female's back, sending her crashing to the ground. Yes, he is fondling her tits on the way down, grabbing her. I snared the louse by the ear and marched him to the back of the line and scolded him.

Animals. They are far from ready for prime time.

Guess what? Head to India, but upon landing, buy or find a STICK, or a switch. Indians respect a switch. It is what their cops carry. You are talking their language.

You know what, it may have been some time ago but trust me the UK and the USA have both killed a lot of women because they were accused of being witches.

Salem witch trials were in 1692, 350 years ago. Most of the world has moved on since then, obviously not India.

And this is why my wife, despite my repeated urgings, the women will fly there to India even with a generous

offering of shopping money..... Oh well....

Not sure what you are getting at, if it's an attempt at humour it's in pretty poor taste.

You know what, it may have been some time ago but trust me the UK and the USA have both killed a lot of women because they were accused of being witches.

Yeah, but back in the dark ages, can't see it happening today

I believe that when the witches were being burned and killed it wasn't yet the USA. It was still a British colony.

One difference between the Salem Witch Trials and this barbarism going on in India is that within a year of the end of the witch trials the jurors issued a public apology:

...We do, therefore, hereby signify to all in general (and to the surviving sufferers in especial) our deep sense of and sorrow for our errors in acting on such evidence to the condemning of any person.

And do hereby declare that we justly fear that we were sadly deluded and mistaken, for which we are much disquieted and distressed in our minds, and do therefore humbly beg forgiveness...

In the current Indian witch killings, the entire village stood together and told the police that they would not turn in or identify or testify against the killers.

One of my 10x great grandfathers was a witness for the prosecution at the Salem Witch trials and so I have done quite a bit of reading up on them. Many of the 'witches' had business or property conflicts with their neighbors and many of their accusers used these accusations as ways of getting an advantage over others. I wouldn't be surprised if an in-depth investigation of what happened in this Indian village revealed similar conflicts.

This is true. In my small country we have a hill called Witches Hill. And in days gone by they would arrest people, mainly women, suspected of being witches and put them in a barrel and role them down the hill. If they were alive at the bottom they would be executed as it was felt if they survived the hill they had witches powers. If the died they were given a proper burial and deemed to not be witches. Guess there's some sort of logic in that !!

This is true. In my small country we have a hill called Witches Hill. And in days gone by they would arrest people, mainly women, suspected of being witches and put them in a barrel and role them down the hill. If they were alive at the bottom they would be executed as it was felt if they survived the hill they had witches powers. If the died they were given a proper burial and deemed to not be witches. Guess there's some sort of logic in that !!

What happened 4 or 500 years ago has little bearing on what's happening in India present day.

Savages.

You'd expect something like this in Udon Thani or deepest, darkest Mukdahan.... but India?

RiP.

Seriously??

Have you been to any of these places you mention? or India for that ,matter??

Udon Thani or deepest, darkest Mukdahan is very well developed areas compared to most of India......

wai2.gif

Savages.

RiP.

Seriously??

Udon Thani or deepest, darkest Mukdahan is very well developed areas compared to most of India......

wai2.gif

I think it is called sarcasm.

The attackers blamed the women for several accidents and misfortunes suffered

I have often thought that my ex-wives should be blamed for the misfortunes I have suffered...I could never get a mob interested in helping me beat them to death...(tsk) There appears to be safety in numbers...the fantasy gives me solace...smile.png

Savages.

RiP.

Seriously??

wai2.gif

I think it is called sarcasm.

I'm glad someone copped onto it. :D

depends on your definition of "some time ago" ? See, now, most civilized countries, take care of witches, in Divorce Court !

Edited by 727Sky