Jet Ski Scams Yet Again

Rimmer

Jet Ski Scams Yet Again

00216.jpg

PATTAYA:--August 6,2015 [PattayaDailyNews]; in the afternoon at Pattaya City Hall, Mr Ronakit Aekasingha- deputy mayor of Pattaya- chaired a meeting to deal with Jet Ski operators in Pattaya who are ripping tourists off.

Mr Ronnakit said that Pattaya officials had been informed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that Pattaya officials will be in charge of looking after the conference between Thai and India. Also they discussed the case that Indian tourists had been continuously targeted and ripped off by jet ski operators who charged them extortionate amounts of money for so called damage they caused to the jet ski and if they didn’t pay they were threatened with violence.

The Chonburi governor had set up a committee to control and manage the operators but the same old scams were still happening. The officials now intend to revise the law, deal with the insurance issues as all jet skis have no insurance, zone the operators and have a more stricter control on them.

Read More:--http://pattayadailynews.com/jet-ski-scams-yet-again/

pdnews.jpg

-- Pattaya Daily News 2015-08-09

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they wanted to resolve these jet ski scams, they would have years ago. It is quite obvious what is going on. And there is too much money being made on the fleecing of tourists. Meetings, meetings, meetings. Does anything get done? Do any of the jet skis get confiscated? Do any of these operators get arrested and convicted? Or, is that entire industry above the law?

If they wanted to resolve these jet ski scams, they would have years ago. It is quite obvious what is going on. And there is too much money being made on the fleecing of tourists. Meetings, meetings, meetings. Does anything get done? Do any of the jet skis get confiscated? Do any of these operators get arrested and convicted? Or, is that entire industry above the law?

The answer to your first 3 questions are no the answer to your last question is yes.

There is also another way to prevent these operators from getting away with this: make sure ALL tourists, especially Indians it seems, are warned about these scams before entering Thailand, perhaps with a video being shown on the plane, which states, quite categorically: "Do NOT under any circumstances rent a jetski in Thailand!"

I mean, if nobody rents a jetski anymore then the scammers won't have any opportunities to scam you anymore!

Simple!

What's actually stopping tourists from renting the jet skies in the first place? Don't they read the news about places they intend to visit while on vacation in Thailand?

They should not have to be looking for scams this is up to the police to protect the community and its visitors from thieves. As far as im concerned they are nothing but mafia. And thugs. Who threaten and intimidate visitors to the city. One bad story stops thousands of visitors from coming to Thailand....

What's actually stopping tourists from renting the jet skies in the first place? Don't they read the news about places they intend to visit while on vacation in Thailand?

These are Indian, Chinese and probably Eastern European tourists.......they never get to see Jet Skis, let alone be able to hire them.......they love 'em!

What ever the outcome is, I can't see the jet ski operators stopping ripping off tourists, they will think up some other scam to hit them with.

"What ever the outcome is.."

what ever the outcome, and what ever the number of meetings from YEARS....

already in 2009 (and, i imagine the same meetings decades ago) :

What this needs is a "Charitable Donation Scheme". Whereby, 30 to 40 large, fit, strong fallangs donate there time for free after collecting small change from all Thai Visa posters who are disgusted by this Scam.

Once they have enough money for them to all hire a Jet Ski on Pattaya beach they turn up at the same time all along the beach and set off from the beach at the same to all meet about 2 km offshore, whereby a kind fallang with a large cruiser is waiting to pick them up. The Jet Ski's have the fuel and oil syphoned off then get disposed off as part a submerged reef project after they have their hull bottoms smashed in by fire axes. Simple.....no more noise, pollution or scam unitl the next time...

this same scam has been going on since jet skies were first invented here decades ago. Outlaw Jet skies period. There is no way this will end otherwise.... Let the operators pay their own payments and whatever e;se the stealing money for....Ridiculous

agree .... just get rid of them then no more scamming !!

Make jet ski operaters have full insurance…. No insurance….. No work simple.

Sent from my SM-C115 using Tapatalk

Agree 100% but ... thais don't like to keep things simple especially if they can extort you by keeping it difficult ... Jet ski is def not the only business that should be easy to regulate and still they don't want to do it ... until tourists simply just stay far away from Land of Scams ...

The KISS principle to perfection.

No Class A Insurance hence Zero Jet Ski Operation period. No ifs no buts

Why is it that Thais talk for ages, decide nothing and implement even less?

I see this constantly in condo committee meetings in my building. I often think that I could leave one month and come back a month later and they would still be discussing the same subject.

This could all be eliminated in an instant by the man in charge, were he so inclined. Obviously, he is not. The jet ski ripoff industry is firmly entrenched in Pattaya, and other places in Thailand. It likely will never change. The only defense is to completely avoid the bastards. Unfortunately, large groups of naive, gullible tourists enter Thailand every day. Fresh meat for the cockroaches to devour.

A perfectly simple solution,but too easy for the authorities to carry out.

Same with most Thai problems...the solutions are simple, but nobody enforces them, so we all (Thais and farangs) continue to suffer.

What ever the outcome is, I can't see the jet ski operators stopping ripping off tourists, they will think up some other scam to hit them with.

"What ever the outcome is.."

what ever the outcome, and what ever the number of meetings from YEARS....

already in 2009 (and, i imagine the same meetings decades ago) :

Yet more meetings, same old delegates, nothing new to discuss, but they no doubt all claim large expenses.

There is also another way to prevent these operators from getting away with this: make sure ALL tourists, especially Indians it seems, are warned about these scams before entering Thailand, perhaps with a video being shown on the plane, which states, quite categorically: "Do NOT under any circumstances rent a jetski in Thailand!"

I mean, if nobody rents a jetski anymore then the scammers won't have any opportunities to scam you anymore!

Simple!

My Thoughts 100% even a little Brochure Handed out warning Tourists of the many scams and what they should do

simple and easy if no one hired they be out of Business toot sweet