NCDs are No 1 killer disease in Thailand with over 300,000 deaths each year

webfact

NCDs are No 1 killer disease in Thailand with over 300,000 deaths each year

11847353_10153544515853637_1933356298_o-

BANGKOK: -- Non-communicable diseases have become the Number One cause of deaths in Thailand with more than 300,000 fatalities each year most of whom males, said Public Health Minister Ratchata Ratchatanavin on Tuesday.

Addressing the opening of the NCD forum 2015 held today at Muang Thong Thani, the public health minister disclosed that the medical bills for the treatment of NCDs were estimated at about 198 billion baht which is equivalent to 2.2 percent of the GDP. NCDs, he said, are regarded as an obstacle to development of this country.

Of all the NCDs, heart diseases and stroke accounted for the most fatalities followed by cancer, chronic respiratory diseases and diabetes.

The minister blamed the global change of lifestyle with more dependence on technology and less exercises and overweight for the rapid spread of NCDs.

However, he said that NCDs are preventable with effective health service system which is easily accessible to all alike and effective publicity campaign targeting risk groups.

The minister stressed the need of a law to push forward the prevention and control of NCDs. The ministry, he said, aims to cut the death rate from NCDs by 25 percent in ten years, 30 percent reduction in the consumption of salty food, 30- percent reduction in cigarette smoking, 10 percent drop in alcoholic consumption and 80 percent accessible to medication.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ncds-are-no-1-killer-disease-in-thailand-with-over-300000-deaths-each-year

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-08-11

Sugar, deep fried foods, pollution are some of the reasons. No point blaming technology and lack of exercise. You can stay thin without any exercise at all. Not exercising doesn't make you fat. Eating too much junk food makes you fat.

I would say that Monsanto have a hand in that also.!

Monsanto and his accomplices ... sold in the 7/11 the youth is keen for ....

As a person who is scientifically litterate I should point out that the scientific consensus is that GMO's are safe. This is based on evidence from 1000+ studies.

Back on topic... Thai people are eating more snacks, fried foods, sugar and nutritionally low/ high calorie foods. Just like America!

High fructose corn syrup is the biggest killer on the planet now. It's in almost every processed food. Avoid sugar and all simple carbs if you want to avoid obesity, diabetes and cancer. Cancer? Yes someone got a Nobel decades ago for showing that cancer cells can only metabolize glucose, not the ketones produced from dietary fat in the absence of glucose that all healthy cells and particularly the brain can use very efficiently.

And unlike what the fake scientists owned by Coca Cola say, exercise is simply not a significant factor.

Here's the science if anyone is interested -

As a person who is scientifically litterate I should point out that the scientific consensus is that GMO's are safe. This is based on evidence from 1000+ studies.

Back on topic... Thai people are eating more snacks, fried foods, sugar and nutritionally low/ high calorie foods. Just like America!

as a person who is scientifically litterate you should know that Monsanto is not only gmo, but also DDT, PCBs, Agent Orange , recombinant bovine somatotropin (a.k.a. bovine growth hormone) , herbicide glyphosate , and somany others...

whistling.gif

Edited by silverado

There is another epidemic sweeping through Thailand that accounts for on average 80 deaths per day, around 29,000 a year, 44 deaths per 100,000 people. It accounts for 5.1% of the total deaths in Thailand.

And what is being done about it, sweet eff all!

Call me stupid....but what are you talking about?

There is another epidemic sweeping through Thailand that accounts for on average 80 deaths per day, around 29,000 a year, 44 deaths per 100,000 people. It accounts for 5.1% of the total deaths in Thailand.

Road Traffic Crashes! Take it you don't drive ;-)

Road Traffic Crashes! Take it you don't drive ;-)

i guess what you mean , BigBadGeordie but according to me , taking care of a problem shouldn't prevent to take care the other one in the same time....

Edited by silverado

7/11. Super healthy food. NOT.

I got a idea. how about if the Thai government shuts down every western fast food restaurant in Thailand.

and bans all soda drinks, fake "fruit" juice drinks, white refined sugar and white rice and noodles and sugary snacks and other junk foods.

problem solved. article 44. done.

on hour exercise, everyone, everyday. article 44. done.

good luck getting them to stop drinking whiskey. and beer which is full of carbs. or smoking. or sitting on their a**.

In my village there does seem to be a high incidence of stroke with very debilitating consequences. From my observation it's the greasy food and alcohol that's doing it. Some of the older people are getting out and doing some bicycling so there is some awareness of life style issues. Some of these people are drunk 24x7. Had to take one guy in his 40's to the hospital as he drank his way into a coma. Doctors had previously told him he would die if he didn't give up the bottle.

love the experts. Cut this, blame that etc. How pray tell do you account for the increase in life expectancy?

do you really have to be told?

okay fair enough you cant find out yourself

medical advances, you know new pharmaceuticals and surgeries etc thumbsup.gif

Yesterday I saw an old man in his seventies’ with a shopping cart full of chips, chocolate snacks, and soft drinks. A load I have not consumed over the last 20 years. My first thought was, he wants to get rid of his grandchildren the “smoothie” way.

GMO's are safe???? Me thinks you're trolling. Nothing could be further from the truth.

With America at 30% obesity and the UK headed that way by 2030 many falangs have no right to single out Thailand for abuse (take a look at yourself first - I've taken a look at many of you over-boozed/overfed fatties and I don't like what I see either biggrin.png ). Stupidity, lack of education and lack of self-control abounds worldwide.

Edited by SantiSuk