Protecting Young Thai Girls

I don't have a problem with older guys and young Thai girls, although I would point out that frequently the supposed teenager is actually in her thirties with one or two kids. My Thai girlfriend is 49, and looks about 30.

I do, however, feel very uncomfortable when I see much older falangs with young Thai boys. Don't know if that's homophobic, just the way I feel.

The OP is entitled to his opinion, however archaic and out-of-touch with modern mores that may be. I suspect there are many cultures where young woman- old guy is accepted as normal. And as other posters have pointed out, the issue of enforcement is quite impractical.

So you're fine with straight people doing something, but not when gay people do it?

In what world is that not homophobic?

The answer should be obvious - not in my world.

Having had several digital prostate examinations, I'm inclined to the view that only a masochist could enjoy anal sex as the receiver. However, if that's what consenting adults choose to do, none of my business.

Pay attention: I said YOUNG THAI BOYS. If you're comfortable with that, surely there's a rock somewhere near you to crawl under.

If you don't like the way I feel, tough luck. You probably won't like it if I feel you are skating close to pedophilia either.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BKKBodhisattva

Well, if you wanted to stir the hornets nest you succeeded, but it appears the overwhelming majority think that you might be a tad misguided to put it politely. So, I suggest Thailand may not be for you, as the sight of all these lecherous old falangs arm in arm with nubile Thai ladies may cause you an unnecessary amount of distress. May I suggest Yemen as an alternative, as I'm sure this kind of debauchery is virtually non-existent, as the penalty is punishable by stoning, causing death.

I don't like it, this has been my home for a long time..this never use to be an issue, it's uncomfortable when you have daughters..

Unless you intend sending them to work in the bars, why should it be a problem? I would say that you might have more of a problem with young Thai guys sniffing around, no different than what faces any father of teenage daughters anywhere in the world.

Very true about the Thai guys.It's a problem because my neighbour(s) bring them to my condo complex and overall do not behave appropriately at times. There is a lot of insensitivity to other Thais and the surroundings..

Why would you think it's restricted just to bar areas..?

Its not about protecting young Thai girls , it should be dont abuse any women, what ever Nationality,Many Do not understand or want to understand Thai culture, many men think All these bar girls and older women sell there bodys because they are nymphomaniacs. Most sex tourist come to Thailand because they can get away with things they would not dare to do at home.

Thais tamed elephants to work in the forest , buffalos to work in the rice fields , ( some time ago ) and now the girls look at the rich old sugardaddys exactly the same way ... don't underestimate them , they tame the farang and than they make jokes about 'em . It's an easy way to make a living . No feelings involved , I mean what do you expect ...? The young girls get educated by the older , more experienced ones , It's a sport ...!

I don't have a problem with older guys and young Thai girls, although I would point out that frequently the supposed teenager is actually in her thirties with one or two kids. My Thai girlfriend is 49, and looks about 30.

I do, however, feel very uncomfortable when I see much older falangs with young Thai boys. Don't know if that's homophobic, just the way I feel.

The OP is entitled to his opinion, however archaic and out-of-touch with modern mores that may be. I suspect there are many cultures where young woman- old guy is accepted as normal. And as other posters have pointed out, the issue of enforcement is quite impractical.

So you're fine with straight people doing something, but not when gay people do it?

Having had several digital prostate examinations, I'm inclined to the view that only a masochist could enjoy anal sex as the receiver. However, if that's what consenting adults choose to do, none of my business.

Pay attention: I said YOUNG THAI BOYS. If you're comfortable with that, surely there's a rock somewhere near you to crawl under.

If you don't like the way I feel, tough luck. You probably won't like it if I feel you are skating close to pedophilia either.

You also said "young Thai girls" - which apparently you don't have a problem with.

It's only paedophilia when the victim is male?

Whem I turned 38, I got a vasectomy, didn't want any accidental kids, I also made a rule - Only date women half my age minus 1 year. Any younger and I need a sanity check Seems to have worked out fine so far for me.whistling.gif

I dont know ,all this talk of older men with young women , i am going to have to get the wife to get her old school uniform and the knee length white socks out again, I hope she can still fit into them.biggrin.png

Fit int what, the socks??clap2.gif

You're entitled to your views, but you can't deny they are homophobic and best kept to yourself.

There are plenty of older women who would set the age that women must be for older men to be "with" Biblically as about 50 minimum and no younger. There are extreme feminists - Dworkin, MacKinnon, Farly, etc - who would say that no woman should resort to being with any man. So, it is a flexible question. There are men who point out that the new age of 18 being illegal as trafficking under UN definition is to high. Age 18 is illegal only because it is the age when first world children are required to stay in school. That is hardly practical for third world children who often can only afford to go as far as primary school and must get on with their lives in more traditional ways. What an amazing topic! How old must women be to be legal for an older man? Is no one asking how old or young must men be to be legal? No? Well, why not?

There are plenty of older women who would set the age that women must be for older men to be "with" Biblically as about 50 minimum and no younger. There are extreme feminists - Dworkin, MacKinnon, Farly, etc - who would say that no woman should resort to being with any man. So, it is a flexible question. There are men who point out that the new age of 18 being illegal as trafficking under UN definition is to high. Age 18 is illegal only because it is the age when first world children are required to stay in school. That is hardly practical for third world children who often can only afford to go as far as primary school and must get on with their lives in more traditional ways. What an amazing topic! How old must women be to be legal for an older man? Is no one asking how old or young must men be to be legal? No? Well, why not?

What first world country requires children to remain in school until age 18?

I don't know any first world country that forces children to be in school until 18. There was some talk a few years back in Sweden (by leftist, again... they have a tendency for stupid shit) about making senior high school mandatory by law but that was quickly trashed in media and social media as pretty idiotic as almost all humans what finish senior high school are 18 (or even 19) and it would be absurd to force anyone over 18 to attend school.

The age 18 is more than likely to do with UN declarations that anyone under 18 are children.

OP

One of the things you learn in life is that you cannot successfully legislate against everything that is unlikable or distasteful. Imagine no Madonalds, Achey Breakiy Heart being banned and reality television disappearing because someone takes a set against them. There would me more laws than you could poke a stick at and society would have less diversity than a pair of tadpoles.

You might not like what's going on and it isn't often a pretty sight to see some obese elderly man with a beautiful young woman, nor are a lot of other things like overweight middle aged women dating Balinese beach boys and young Zambian studs. So lets be consistent here, While no doubt you are well meaning your whole argument is flawed. The fact is that if these women are above the age of consent then they are assumed to be able to make decisions about their own lives. If they don't it is less likely to be based on a chronological age but more likely because will lack judgement until well after the mandatory age you suggest. The fact is that Thailand like most other countries already has an age of consent and penalties for consensual sex with a person under that age attracts severe penalties. Whether these laws are properly enforced is another issue,but nothing you have suggested addresses that issue.

You seem to base you argument on an assumption that Thai women are somehow less experienced than their counterparts in other countries. How do you know this? What particular section of Thai society are you talking about? The Bangkok middle classes or the ruling elite, young Thai women (17-20) from these sections would normally not be seen dead having an affair with foreigner of advanced years. I suspect you are talking about poor women usually from the rural areas of Thailand. In these cases they usually make a perfectly rational economic decision on these matters and, given their opportunities are usually right.

I have also noticed that those people with the most interest in what happens in other peoples bedrooms have the least activity in their own.

OP

One of the things you learn in life is that you cannot successfully legislate against everything that is unlikable or distasteful. Imagine no Madonalds, Achey Breakiy Heart being banned and reality television disappearing because someone takes a set against them. There would me more laws than you could poke a stick at and society would have less diversity than a pair of tadpoles.

You might not like what's going on and it isn't often a pretty sight to see some obese elderly man with a beautiful young woman, nor are a lot of other things like overweight middle aged women dating Balinese beach boys and young Zambian studs. So lets be consistent here, While no doubt you are well meaning your whole argument is flawed. The fact is that if these women are above the age of consent then they are assumed to be able to make decisions about their own lives. If they don't it is less likely to be based on a chronological age but more likely because will lack judgement until well after the mandatory age you suggest. The fact is that Thailand like most other countries already has an age of consent and penalties for consensual sex with a person under that age attracts severe penalties. Whether these laws are properly enforced is another issue,but nothing you have suggested addresses that issue.

You seem to base you argument on an assumption that Thai women are somehow less experienced than their counterparts in other countries. How do you know this? What particular section of Thai society are you talking about? The Bangkok middle classes or the ruling elite, young Thai women (17-20) from these sections would normally not be seen dead having an affair with foreigner of advanced years. I suspect you are talking about poor women usually from the rural areas of Thailand. In these cases they usually make a perfectly rational economic decision on these matters and, given their opportunities are usually right.

I have also noticed that those people with the most interest in what happens in other peoples bedrooms have the least activity in their own.

How do you know what's going on in their bedrooms?

BKKBodhisattva

Well, if you wanted to stir the hornets nest you succeeded, but it appears the overwhelming majority think that you might be a tad misguided to put it politely. So, I suggest Thailand may not be for you, as the sight of all these lecherous old falangs arm in arm with nubile Thai ladies may cause you an unnecessary amount of distress. May I suggest Yemen as an alternative, as I'm sure this kind of debauchery is virtually non-existent, as the penalty is punishable by stoning, causing death.

I don't like it, this has been my home for a long time..this never use to be an issue, it's uncomfortable when you have daughters..

Unless you intend sending them to work in the bars, why should it be a problem? I would say that you might have more of a problem with young Thai guys sniffing around, no different than what faces any father of teenage daughters anywhere in the world.

Very true about the Thai guys.It's a problem because my neighbour(s) bring them to my condo complex and overall do not behave appropriately at times. There is a lot of insensitivity to other Thais and the surroundings..

Because the subject is about older falangs and young Thai girls. Normally they would meet because the girls work in bars, doubt if there's much risk of a 60 year old falang meeting an 18 year old Thai girl anywhere else.

BKKBodhisattva

Because the subject is about older falangs and young Thai girls. Normally they would meet because the girls work in bars, doubt if there's much risk of a 60 year old falang meeting an 18 year old Thai girl anywhere else.

They have this thing now called the internet...

BKKBodhisattva

They have this thing now called the internet...

Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of youngThai hookers plying their trade on the internet, but the majority of sexpats arriving in Thailand are going to meet their lady loves in a bar. Unless you have facts that prove differently.

Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of youngThai hookers plying their trade on the internet, but the majority of sexpats arriving in Thailand are going to meet their lady loves in a bar. Unless you have facts that prove differently.

Most of my pals use Thai Cupid, Baddoo, Line, Bee Talk, etc to find 'girlfriends'.

The girls are younger, and no bar fines.

Most of my pals use Thai Cupid, Baddoo, Line, Bee Talk, etc to find 'girlfriends'.

The girls are younger, and no bar fines.

I'm talking about your average tourist who gets off a plane and heads for downtown Pattaya, but I'm sure the internet now plays a big part in hooking up, I guess the guy can now arrange a meet before he arrives, using the internet, but what you see posted, may not be what you actually get.

Often referred to as a "love hate relationship"..........she loves the Money, he Hates being alone, and look what the money can get.

This topic and subject matter just keeps on revolving. same old arguments, same old regurgitated but slightly re-worded responses.

I disagree.

I'm not suggesting that big age gaps in relationships are wrong because I don't believe they are. If a 55 year old wants to date or marry a 25 year old, all well and good. If that's based on money or whatever, who cares?

I'm suggesting that Thai girls under the age of 22 - unlike similarly aged girls in the USA or Europe - don't really have the emotional maturity to consider the implications and ramifications of having a physical relationship with a man three times their age and, therefore, should be protected from predatory foreigners who are far more likely to seek them out purely for sex.

I'd like to see it extended to Thai men too but there are some cultural aspects that might cause stiff resistance.

Most of us are from countries where the sight of a 60 year old man clearly in a physical relationship with a 17 or 18 year old girl would be considered highly objectionable so most of us wouldn't have a problem with the passing of such a law.

As your knowledge and understanding of such things is clearly superior, is one to assume that you have had a relationship with a man three times your age?

Why stop there? Let’s outlaw all behavior that may reasonably or otherwise seem offensive to anybody else. If there is any question as to whether a form of behavior, such as posting insipid or sophomoric messages, is offensive, we can simply post a description or video clip on the web and if anybody anywhere considers it offensive, it will be considered illegal.

If we are to assume the mantle of protecting young Thai girls from foolish romantic and/or sexual liaisons, let’s also outlaw relationships with Thai boys who haven’t proven they can hold down a job more challenging and rewarding than hustling tourists, driving a motorcycle taxi or harvesting rice and mangoes.

In fact, since both love and desire are irrational, it follows that both emotions are foolish. Let’s simply outlaw love, romance, desire and intimacy. Then nobody will be offended.

OP

How do you know what's going on in their bedrooms?

It is a general observation based on the dictums on sexual behavior by the so called moralists Margaret Whitehouse and a plethoria popes for example But don't worry I haven't been looking in your bedroom

Who's going to draw the line, you?

No, the law

Really dumb question

Once upon a time it was legal to own humans, segregation was legal, apartheid was legal and even gassing humans was legal. Your point with that "law" comment?

What do you mean? There are no good laws? Are all laws bad? The question is old men getting with 22 year old's a good or bad law. 16 it should be as in most Western countries. Not sure the age of consent in Thailand I presume there is one?

Yea there should be a law against dirty old man and dirty old girls and for that matter dirty young girls who are doing this but hey who gives a root,,,,only if they sincere and happy,,,,But you will see that most of the time the relationship will break down because of the to big of age gap,,,,

Yea there should be a law against dirty old man and dirty old girls and for that matter dirty young girls who are doing this but hey who gives a root,,,,only if they sincere and happy,,,,But you will see that most of the time the relationship will break down because of the to big of age gap,,,,

If my relationship with a young woman lasts an hour, it's a good 'un.

May have missed this but where did it explain he was a young stud ? It sounds more like he is a pot bellied lower class male, maybe from somewhere like Rotherham, married or has a girlfriend who has gone to seed, pig ugly and he is completely envious of those others with a stunner, regardless of age or reasons, and are lucky enough to have an attractive lady to befriend.

In fact apart from mushy peas which perhaps is his staple diet, the other most obnoxious thing is the bile that he sprouts. Live and let live. People should not make moral judgments on others based on their own prejudices or lack of attainment in their lives.

A more conveniently self-

serving argument I've yet to

hear. Fabricate whatever

profile of me you like but

you should be focusing on t

he topic, not on the poster.

Are you the OP as well?

As I mentioned, the OP did not say either that he was a young stud nor that he should be allowed access to us more senior gentlemen; I will now also state an inference that he has a desire to limit us gentlemen who have stored up a little, biologically speaking, for 'the winter ahead' from enjoying the more petite and delicate of fruits. He's probably a vegetarian as well.

SC

HEY! whoa! why paint such a broad stroke against vegetarians??? i'm a vegan of 25 years and i'm on YOUR side! 555 biggrin.png

Who's going to draw the line, you?

No, the law

Really dumb question

Once upon a time it was legal to own humans, segregation was legal, apartheid was legal and even gassing humans was legal. Your point with that "law" comment?

What do you mean? There are no good laws? Are all laws bad? The question is old men getting with 22 year old's a good or bad law. 16 it should be as in most Western countries. Not sure the age of consent in Thailand I presume there is one?

Why do people assume (like you) that because someone writes "this law is crap" automatically in their head get it to "oh hits guy is saying ALL laws are crap". And yes, it would be a pretty damn dumb law if there was a law that said "white men of ages 50+ can't have sex with thai women of ages 18-22".

Laws are meant to be broad, not detailed.

But even a law that said "anyone over the age of 50 can't have sex with anyone 18-22" it would still be dumb.

You also said "young Thai girls" - which apparently you don't have a problem with.

It's only paedophilia when the victim is male?

no

I've seen a few threads on this forum in which men aged 50-60 years old and up seem to revel in how close they can get to breaking the laws of decency and the land when it comes to paying to bed young Thai sexual partners aged 17-18.

"The younger, the better" seems to be the order of the day provided they don't go below the legal age.

I find this morally repugnant and I know I'm not alone

Compared to Western girls of the same age, 17-18 year old Thai girls aren't as mature or experienced so, with that in mind, do they really have the emotional capacity to make a decision to have sex with a man 3 times their age?

I don't think so

Should Thailand enact laws that make it illegal for a foreign male over the age of 50 to have sexual relations with any Thai female under the age of 22?

I think it should.

Worthy sentiment but 'two

consenting adults' is the

well-worn line that these

men reel off with a really

smug look on their faces

as if it trumps anything you

could possiblysay

afterwards.

I have to say, I'd definitely be

in favour of that law. There's

nought wrong with older

guys going with younger

women but a line's gotta be

drawn somewhere.

So, that law would state that only guys over 50 could not have relations with girls under 22. Does that mean that if the guy is 30 or 40, it's ok?

Do you realise how ridiiculous what you're suggesting sounds.

wow.....there just isnt a more important topic to post about...

morals and thailand...like two peas in a pod ...how about same sex marriage pal....hiw about a one man crusade to change the morals of the world...give it a rest...your soap box aint big enough and either is this site

You're entitled to your views, but you can't deny they are homophobic and best kept to yourself.

Oh, now I get it. Never express my opinion or feelings if it doesn't coincide with yours. Obviously you are not a fan of Voltaire.