Protecting Young Thai Girls

Why do you get to tell people what they can do? If they aren't breaking a law (even a dumb one), and they are happy, why do you feel you know better than they do? Why do you feel you should get to say what they can do? Oh! Because you know what is "Right". Handed to you on a tablet?

What if I take um-bridge at something you do. Would you acquiesce? Or would you tell me to bugger off?

If you are offended don't look (or read). Easy smeasy!

I don't get to tell people what they can or can't do but if they're harming others, it's my duty to speak up.

I'm voicing my opinion which is that I believe these old men are causing grievous mental/emotional harm to these young and immature girls by subjecting them to the horrors of intercourse with a man old enough to be their grandfather.

What do you mean "if they are happy"? What about the girl's happiness? Do you believe that a young Thai girl is happy to have to open her legs for a man old enough to be her grandfather?

At least at 23, 24, 25-up, she can better deal with her disgust at the man's physical appearance and her own self-loathing but an 18 or 19 year old is less likely to be able to do so because she's typically less mature.

Much earlier on in the thread, I asked if the more vociferous, elderly love-Gods here would be happy for their 17 or 18 year old daughters to spread their legs for a 60 year old man in return for a few notes.

Very few of them could muster a response.

I think that tells us all we need to know

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you get to tell people what they can do? If they aren't breaking a law (even a dumb one), and they are happy, why do you feel you know better than they do? Why do you feel you should get to say what they can do? Oh! Because you know what is "Right". Handed to you on a tablet?

What if I take um-bridge at something you do. Would you acquiesce? Or would you tell me to bugger off?

If you are offended don't look (or read). Easy smeasy!

I don't get to tell people what they can or can't do but if they're harming others, it's my duty to speak up.

I'm voicing my opinion which is that I believe these old men are causing grievous mental/emotional harm to these young and immature girls by subjecting them to the horrors of intercourse with a man old enough to be their grandfather.

What do you mean "if they are happy"? What about the girl's happiness? Do you believe that a young Thai girl is happy to have to open her legs for a man old enough to be her grandfather?

At least at 23, 24, 25-up, she can better deal with her disgust at the man's physical appearance and her own self-loathing but an 18 or 19 year old is less likely to be able to do so because she's typically less mature.

Much earlier on in the thread, I asked if the more vociferous, elderly love-Gods here would be happy for their 17 or 18 year old daughters to spread their legs for a 60 year old man in return for a few notes.

Very few of them could muster a response.

I think that tells us all we need to know

An adult is not a young girl. A Thai woman is an adult at 20 years of age. One one hand you say young girls are 22 and under and now you change it to 17. Sneaky sneaky fellow you are. Make up your mind. Thailand says 20 years of age.

Can you agree that an adult is not the same as a young girl? An adult in Thailand is 20 years. If you disagree with that why don't you start a thread that a person is not an adult till they are 24 or 43 or whatever. wai2.gif

I'm sorry.

I like a man who is funny, has travelled and appreciates me - as a woman. Not like a wee bracelet hanging off his arm. To show off to all and sundry.

I refuse to put my feminazi hat on here. Because i know that young girls over there are and have been abused by western men who think they can do anything and everything to them, and basically treat them like dirt. Whatever their age.

I won't bring up the socks and sandals thingy.

Not quite at BKKmonk level yet.

Should Thailand enact laws that make it illegal for a foreign male over the age of 50 to have sexual relations with any Thai female under the age of 22?

I think it should.

do you think anybody cares about your (or my) thoughts or what we find repugnant? coffee1.gif

No I don't but, then again, I wouldn't expect turkeys to vote for Thanksgiving either.

If old foreign men want to defile young Thai girls under 22, then the law allows them to do so when they are as young as 15 (if the man plans to marry her and didn't meet her in a bar/brothel)

At what point does one ask what motivation a 60 year old could have for marrying a 15 year old?

Beyond, that is, satisfying filthy fantasies about being called "Daddy" during the act and knowing she's not had enough good sex against which to compare his huffing and wheezing performance?

This is not self-righteousness. Back in their home countries, 60 year old men having sexual relationships with 17 year olds would draw heavy condemnation and deservedly so. Most of that criticism would come from their own age group so they can't claim that this is about ageism.

It is my sincerest hope that, as this country develops further, there is a crackdown on the sex trade in general and the far more visible foreigner-oriented segment in particular.

Beyond that, I wouldn't be sad to see implementation of a Cambodia style ban on elderly foreign men marrying young local girls.

I live in hope

No, you live in la-la-land with your moralizing.

Should Thailand enact laws that make it illegal for a foreign male over the age of 50 to have sexual relations with any Thai female under the age of 22?

I think it should.

do you think anybody cares about your (or my) thoughts or what we find repugnant? coffee1.gif

No I don't but, then again, I wouldn't expect turkeys to vote for Thanksgiving either.

If old foreign men want to defile young Thai girls under 22, then the law allows them to do so when they are as young as 15 (if the man plans to marry her and didn't meet her in a bar/brothel)

At what point does one ask what motivation a 60 year old could have for marrying a 15 year old?

Beyond, that is, satisfying filthy fantasies about being called "Daddy" during the act and knowing she's not had enough good sex against which to compare his huffing and wheezing performance?

This is not self-righteousness. Back in their home countries, 60 year old men having sexual relationships with 17 year olds would draw heavy condemnation and deservedly so. Most of that criticism would come from their own age group so they can't claim that this is about ageism.

It is my sincerest hope that, as this country develops further, there is a crackdown on the sex trade in general and the far more visible foreigner-oriented segment in particular.

Beyond that, I wouldn't be sad to see implementation of a Cambodia style ban on elderly foreign men marrying young local girls.

I live in hope

Bkkbofhisattva, you first say that older men should not be with women under 22 then you ramble on about 15 year old and 17 year old girls... Which is it ?? I don't think any or many of us disagree that 15 or 17 being too young for any man to be engaging in sex with. Do you also believe that older ladies should not be having sex with men under 22 as it could cause damage to their minds ?

So you are saying that if a woman or man who gets out of school at 18 years and enters the army and goes to fight for three years and returns after perhaps killing a few people and seeing towns and villages distorted is not able to handle the mental part of having sex with an older man ? Do I really understand you correctly ?

Edited by ttthailand

I think it should.

I live in hope

You're not fooling anyone disguising the "right to exploit others" as "freedom".

Sorry but, in this thread, the moral high ground is already covered.

OP asked whether there should be a law against *foreign old* men to have sex with young Thai girls.

I've got a lovely 18 yo stepdaughter, and her mother (my gf) saw the danger coming when she would come in contact with wealthy old Farangs who are after a last chance so deperately.

We decided never to publish any photos showing the daughter with any old Farang (including myself), and don't show up with her in Pattaya Beach . So, she is simply not available on the Farang-Thai sex market for the next years, and we don't need a special law.

Up to her if she wants a boyfriend of her age, she knows enough about safe sex and self-protection. If an old Farang should try to touch her, he will risk a heavy fight with well-trained Isaan farmers.

Edited by micmichd

I wouldn't want my daughter to be having sex with any man who she just met or who is not serious about a meaningful relationship. I don't care if he is a millionaire and is 21 too 100 years old. But if my daughter who is 22 met a nice guy who was handsome, financially secure, who treated her great I would not really care as long as she loved him. I will go on to say that I would rather she met a man like I say above than a young fat ugly disrespectful looser who will pull her down to his level or some young guy who is just after another notch on his belt.

My stepdaughter is a girl, not a toy or someone else's private property.

If she would fall in love with a young Farang man, then my gf's family would check if he is able and willing to pay for her education. If the Farang comes up with some silly remarks like "a Thai girl doesn't need education" he'll better run like hell.

I live in hope

You're not fooling anyone disguising the "right to exploit others" as "freedom".

You are trying to take away what you call "freedom" from other people.

If she would fall in love with a young Farang man, then my gf's family would check if he is able and willing to pay for her education. If the Farang comes up with some silly remarks like "a Thai girl doesn't need education" he'll better run like hell.

What? Why would he have to pay for her education and not the family? This kind of archaic thinking is revolting, it's not far from viewing their daughter to be just that... property to be sold to the highest bidder.

Can't you afford to pay for her education?

I am looking at the numbers 50 and 22 and I see a problem. If a man is 49 and 363 days old and meets a woman who just turned 20 according to your numbers they are ok for a relationship as he is under 50 and she is of legal age in Thailand. But now in two days the guy turns 50 and she is just 20. Are they now illegal or does he have to leave her and wait until she turns 22 or is he ok but just a no good perv sinner where before he was fine ?

This is getting very confusing ....

What? Why would he have to pay for her education and not the family? This kind of archaic thinking is revolting, it's not far from viewing their daughter to be just that... property to be sold to the highest bidder.

No. It's commitment.

The "highest bidder" could be the first one to default.

I've heard this many times here. Farang promises his house and land to a Thai family, but if you look close enough then his mother or ex-wife (or a bank) has her thumb on it, so the rich Farang and high bidder actually owns nothing. Guess Thais prefer reliability to scam bids.

Edited by micmichd

Can't you afford to pay for her education?

Hardly, I'm not very rich. But I'll pay for my stepdaughter's education anyway, my pensions are enough for that.

And if those Germans eventually pay their debts and give back my property, then I could finally marry my gf and adopt her daughter. That's what I worked for in Germany.

No. It's commitment.

I've heard this many times here. Farang promises his house and land to a Thai family, but if you look close enough then his mother or ex-wife (or a bank) has her thumb on it, so the rich Farang and high bidder actually owns nothing. Guess Thais prefer reliability to scam bids.

So anyone who agrees to pay her education get to have sex with her? Because quite frankly that's what it sounds like. I assume that the thai family would also give dowry to the MAN as that is something we used to do in Europe. Surely he is worth a few million baht if he has university degree and so on*? Or is it a one-way street (in the thai direction) like usually when it comes to thai-farang relationships?

*i would say even 10 million if he studied here: http://www.topuniversities.com/universities/ruprecht-karls-universitaet-heidelberg/undergrad

It's already against the law for old western men to defile girls under 18, even if they plan to marry them. You might want to look into the Cambodian law as it doesn't just apply to young girls. Be careful what you wish for.

who in Thailand gives a flying fàrt about Cambodian law? coffee1.gif

It's already against the law for old western men to defile girls under 18, even if they plan to marry them. You might want to look into the Cambodian law as it doesn't just apply to young girls. Be careful what you wish for.

who in Thailand gives a flying fàrt about Cambodian law? coffee1.gif

Someone posted that they would like to see the same law in Thailand.

No. It's commitment.

I've heard this many times here. Farang promises his house and land to a Thai family, but if you look close enough then his mother or ex-wife (or a bank) has her thumb on it, so the rich Farang and high bidder actually owns nothing. Guess Thais prefer reliability to scam bids..

So anyone who agrees to pay her education get to have sex with her? Because quite frankly that's what it sounds like. I assume that the thai family would also give dowry to the MAN as that is something we used to do in Europe. Surely he is worth a few million baht if he has university degree and so on*? Or is it a one-way street (in the thai direction) like usually when it comes to thai-farang relationships?

*i would say even 10 million if he studied here: http://www.topuniversities.com/universities/ruprecht-karls-universitaet-heidelberg/undergrad

No, the decision if and who to marry should be left to the girl, of course. Good if she's not under pressure because someone else (like her stepfather) would pay for her education.

I don't know much about European dowry since I've never been married. Thai sin sod is a reward for the mother, much goes into the wedding party, and it's normal to buy a house from that. You are also invited to your wedding party, and you are also invited to live in your house. So your money is not gone, it's an investment.

BTW, thank you for telling me the value of a degree from University of Heidelberg, I've got one biggrin.png

The value of that degree would be the value on the labour market. So, would it be oK to get a good job in Germany first, work for a couple of years (maybe live in a long-distance relationship), and then move over to Thailand to marry?

You would invest some money, but you would also get something for it: a family and a home, all in a beautiful developing country.

Edited by micmichd

Correct - what the OP is doing is tell people who are of legal age to decide that their decision is wrong, and want the government to enact legislation to "protect" people against their will. This is deeply intolerant and totalitarian.

I put "protect" between quotes because I do think sex is no big deal - the important thing is to educate young people about STDs and pregnancy consequences. This is the government's role.

I also deny the argument that consent bought with money is not real consent, this is ridiculous.

Correct - what the OP is doing is tell people who are of legal age to decide that their decision is wrong, and want the government to enact legislation to "protect" people against their will. This is deeply intolerant and totalitarian.

I put "protect" between quotes because I do think sex is no big deal - the important thing is to educate young people about STDs and pregnancy consequences. This is the government's role.

I also deny the argument that consent bought with money is not real consent, this is ridiculous.

No I'm not. Most of those who deliberately target barely legal girls already know what they're doing is wrong.

Exploitation of young girls for the satisfaction of elderly male fantasies encourages human trafficking

No I'm not. Most of those who deliberately target barely legal girls already know what they're doing is wrong.

Exploitation of young girls for the satisfaction of elderly male fantasies encourages human trafficking

"morals" are by definition the set of values held my the majority and any forceful enforcement of morals therefore infringes the rights of minorities to live the lifestyle they choose.

and regarding what you wrote:

"Exploitation of young girls for the satisfaction of elderly male fantasies encourages human trafficking"

the opposite is true. if the laws allow it, there is no trafficking.

but making oppressive laws will move a ot of people into illegality, prices will rise and trafficking will become more rewarding.

accepting money in exchange for sex is a choice anyone aged above 18 can make freely. no need for any laws.

Edited by manarak

"Exploitation of young girls for the satisfaction of elderly male fantasies encourages human trafficking"

Excuse me??!!!

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

There are thousands of women of a legal age working in brothels in this country who were trafficked.

Excuse me??!!!

I don't think you know what you're talking about.

There are thousands of women of a legal age working in brothels in this country who were trafficked.

I am talking about consensual situations which your law would push into illegality.

Trafficked women are IMO out of scope of this thread, since there already are Laws with harsh punishments against trafficking.

More nonsense.

What consent? If a girl works in a sex establishment, she often doesn't have the right to say no.

The choice is taken away by a mamasan who says that the customer can take her and that's it

The men you're defending specifically patronize these establishments because they know the girl can't refuse as long as he doesn't abuse her

More nonsense.

What consent? If a girl works in a sex establishment, she often doesn't have the right to say no.

I don't know what sort of sex establishments you frequent,

But here in CM, in the Loy Kroh bars, Soapy massage and Karaoke bars, the girls most certainly can and do say no.

Generally I see the girls pick and choose their customers ...... the customers don't pick and choose the girls.

More nonsense.

The choice is taken away by a mamasan who says that the customer can take her and that's it

The men you're defending specifically patronize these establishments because they know the girl can't refuse as long as he doesn't abuse her

Nonsense.

As MJMTB already mentioned, girls working legally (i.e. non-trafficked) make their own choices - if they don't, this is forced prostitution and there are already harsh laws against this as well.

Trafficking and forced prostitution are outlawed and the punishments are harsh. Yes, there are women that have been trafficked and women that are forced into prostitution, but the solution is enforcement of existing laws, not creating new laws.

You just try to clutch any straw to try to successfully make a point - which you can't.

We are now also far from your original points about age difference in legal sexual relations.

Edited by manarak