Why has Thai Visa become so negative?

peterb17

This forum is totally brilliant at sorting out complex visa problems, identifying snakes, sorting out guava growing, plumbing etc etc- it's great. However most threads morph to criticism of the Kingdom. I am getting tired of the negativity.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"...become so negative".

It always was, wasn't it? You don't move to Thailand if you're happy back home. You don't receive a personality transplant with your entry stamp at BKK. Thus, foreigners here are, on the whole, a miserable bunch. Myself included.

"...become so negative".

It always was, wasn't it? You don't move to Thailand if you're happy back home. You don't receive a personality transplant with your entry stamp at BKK. Thus, foreigners here are, on the whole, a miserable bunch. Myself included.

Naboo

Am sorry to hear you are a bit miserable - maybe a bit of electro therapy will sort you out.

You move here because it's a new adventure- explore SE Asia and the world.

Yes happy back home- but a bit dull- all very beige or what do they call it vanilla.

Anyway back to my post- life is for living. I see no point in constantly belittling the country you have made home.

SoiBiker

Are well that explains all- probably 90% of TV members are suffering from bladder infections .

I know this sounds unlikely, but it is actually true- my dear old Dad went bonkers - all down to a bladder infection.

Anyway hopefully you are still sane ( & Jingthing of course)

We will remain positive.

<deleted>

No not everything is positive here, what I am saying is that post after post endlessly refers to the wonderful existence "back home" and tries to contrast this with a deveioping nation.

I am becoming tired of the bitching and Thai bashing.

Anyway off to smoke some more ice - and some Black Label.

removed

So in your opinion, people should not express their opinions?

According to latest survey most do not even live in Thailand yet somehow seem to know all about Thailand.

In my opinion, when i do not like reading something , i stop, i certainly do not open YET another thread with the same rubbish but a different tone.

And considering its 3am in the morning in Thailand, i pretty much rest my case, oh before you make another observation, i am at work IN THAILAND, whats your and OP's excuse?

removed

I'm up late- the wonderful thing about not having to work anymore-is I can get up late in the morning.. The BF is just off to play volleyball down on the beach at Jomtien- we don't quite subscribe to normality.

I live here- so no excuse.

This thread is not the same rubbish- all I'm saying is Thai Visa has lost the plot- it has changed from a supportive web site - to one where people constantly run down this country, it's people, it's women, men, police- etc etc.

It just seems that forums such as this bring out negativity. It's not a way to live your life.

Bickering and flames removed and responses to same.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

The negativity on ThaiVisa doesn't bother me at all. As one will aways have to deal with negativity somewhere somehow, I prefer to deal with it here rather than having to deal with the negativity routinely encountered on here face-to face.

Also, as from my unofficial assessment, almost all the negativity I personally encounter on here comes from those of the British or Australian persuasion, I then don't have to bother being so on my guard every time I encounter in person a funny accent.

removed

I'm up late- the wonderful thing about not having to work anymore-is I can get up late in the morning.. The BF is just off to play volleyball down on the beach at Jomtien- we don't quite subscribe to normality.

This thread is not the same rubbish- all I'm saying is Thai Visa has lost the plot- it has changed from a supportive web site - to one where people constantly run down this country, it's people, it's women, men, police- etc etc.

It just seems that forums such as this bring out negativity. It's not a way to live your life.

I dont like being told " how to live my life" same as you wouldnt want folk telling you and your "BF" how to live yours

removed

So in your opinion, people should not express their opinions?

According to latest survey most do not even live in Thailand yet somehow seem to know all about Thailand.

In my opinion, when i do not like reading something , i stop, i certainly do not open YET another thread with the same rubbish but a different tone.

And considering its 3am in the morning in Thailand, i pretty much rest my case, oh before you make another observation, i am at work IN THAILAND, whats your and OP's excuse?

The way some of the Western world is going you arent supposed to mention negativity, UK shcools cant tell kids parent their kids are thick etc etc everything must be upbeat and good..........BOLl**ks to that crap

back home as in some fond and not so fond memories, but some members refer thus as to remind people how backward laws etc are among us, to me reading a thread which refers to back home brings a giggle to mind and therefore not considered negative.

The negativity on ThaiVisa doesn't bother me at all. As one will aways have to deal with negativity somewhere somehow, I prefer to deal with it here rather than having to deal with the negativity routinely encountered on here face-to face.

Also, as from my unofficial assessment, almost all the negativity I personally encounter on here comes from those of the British or Australian persuasion, I then don't have to bother being so on my guard every time I encounter in person a funny accent.

I'm being perfectly serious here when I say I agree with the part about nationalities. And I'm not trying to score points when I also say that much of it has to do with Americans lacking humor nor understanding British/Australian humor.

Actually, I think the tone of the forum has improved over the years.

I credit the Thaivisa moderating team! clap2.gif

i [not so] humbly beg to differ. too many good members have left, too many whiners and whingers have joined. not to mention... oh well... whistling.gif

removed

I agree with you, Peter. I don't even read the Thailand News section much anymore because of the constant negativity from the usual idiots. There are an awful lot of miserable knobs out there who think that by criticizing the Thais, it somehow improves their lot in life (don't ask me why). Maybe they've been had by some wily bargirl, or just lost all their money on some ill-conceived deal. But they have to blame someone for their misery and since we're in Thailand, they blame the Thais. It'd be great if these people would just scurry back to where they came from.

I'm being perfectly serious here when I say I agree with the part about nationalities. And I'm not trying to score points when I also say that much of it has to do with Americans lacking humor nor understanding British/Australian humor.

I think it has more to do with grumpy Brits mistaking dreary predictable cynicism for humour.

When someone says on ThaiVisa that your young Thai wife or girlfriend is only with you for your money, would leave you in 2 seconds flat if your money dried up, and currently takes your money to have a good time behind your back with male friends either Thai or farang more her own age, I don't see what understanding is required based upon the nationality or predilection to humour of whomever is dishing out such opinions of persons that they have never met.