Poll: Online 90 day reporting success or fail.

Success or Failure:dong online 90 day report  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The last time that I reported by post to Nakhon Sawan, they sent a note back about on-line reporting with the link and only IE would work. I tried it numerous times but always received the message to check with the local office in my area. I sent it by post on Friday, with note explaining the problem that I had with trying to report on-line, and I will get the slip back by Friday. Most likely there will be another note like the last one.

In addition to the message, when I enter the first page there was a "certificate error" message in the address box in orange.

When was your last entry to the country? If more than 2 or 3 years ago that is more than likely why you are getting the message to contact your office.

I have been advised by my immigration office to do a border hop if I want to do reports online because I have an old entry. I also have gotten a new passport since my last entry which is another reason for getting the message.

Immigration did a self certification of the site security that is why you get the security alert.

You can use Chrome or Firefox to do the report but you need an extension installed. I have IE Tab installed on Chrome that works good.

I am in the same boat arrived prior to 2013 and also have a new passport. What I do not understand when I go in next week to do my extension is why can they not update my file with updated arrival date and new passport number. This part I find really strange as it would cut back on their work and also cease to be a problem for me. This after all the year 2015. After talking to another foreigner the other day I think I know the answer but it is a rumor. Facts not Fiction are the order of the day. I just pray that someone can solve the Chiang Mai immigration flu before next September.

I've tried twice and each time got the message to contact my local Imm. Office -- Chiang Mai. Each time they had no clue what the problem was.

What's the point of having that message? I'd be better off to simply mail in my report and ignore that request to go to the office in person and wait in that endless queue.

Yes mailing makes a lot of sense. If more 90 dayers did that the line waiting time would drop dramatically. Lets help each other out and use the mail system.

Get message to visit my local immigration office....entered before 2013 (in 2008) and haven't left country since plus renewed passport once. Nice system for those last entering 2013 or later; it's a don't work system for those last entering before 2013. Sad immigration couldn't have done a better job of including everyone in the initial database---they have all our info in their system.

Except much of that system is in manual ledgers (particularly in the provinces). They would need to go back through years of ledgers, work out if somebody is still in the country and then manually enter the data into the computer system. A Herculean task. They had to cut off somewhere.

They just need to use the information in the system from your most recent 90 day report. I don't know about manual ledgers being kept which some provinces may still use...ever since I've arrived Thailand in 2008 and reported at Chaeng Wattana/Bangkok, they take the 90 day report you hand them, go into their computer system to confirm the information matches (i.e, passport number, name, address, etc), updated their system, and then print you out a new report receipt. It's always been computerized at CW. They have all the info they need right now to make an online reporting system work for "everyone" if they really wanted to.

I cannot fathom that a immigration office covering Chiang Mai has our information stuck in a ledger somewhere. Again I reiterate that when we go in for our annual visa extension they pull up all of our information on a computer. In the application form we must attach a recent photo and then they take our digital photo?? When our visa extension is accepted that should be the same as a new entry date and thus the date and other pertinent info in the computer should be changed. If they want to know the actual arrival date we still have the arrival card in our passports. At the same time they could double check for spelling errors or other mistakes and we would be smoothly integrated into the system. Sorry day dreaming again.

The Loei Chiang Khan office was a very friendly efficient office until they got a new boss. This new boss is a nasty piece of work. The office has gone backwards. It went from simply scanning the bar code on the report slip and has gone back to numerous copies and a form. This woman will manage to find problems no matter how well you are prepared. I hope some Thai immigration official reads this post and lets her know how little I think of her.

Chaeng Wattana. First time I received an email within 2 hours tell me it was approved and then I could print the application and the next appointment slip. Second time, no email, went back the next day and I could see the approval page but could not print the application nor the next appointment slip. I used Firefox the first time but the second time I could not access the site with Firefox or Chrome. So I used IE disregarding the warning about the missing certificate. I ended up printing the approval page which has everything including the code bar and the date of the application without using the links at the bottom of the page which bring the error message "certificate error". Not perfect but still easier than to go to Chaeng Wattana or mail the application.

Edited by Zyxel

I've just successfully used the online system for the second time in Bangkok.

The first time, I received an email back within a couple of hours. Today, no email but I've logged in this afternoon and the approval has been given. I tried using Chrome with the Explorer add-on and could access the form but it wouldn't work with the drop-down box for the date (nationality worked though).

The first time, I received an email back within a couple of hours. Today, no email but I've logged in this afternoon and the approval has been given.

Interesting about the (missing) email.

Same to me in the second report in Khon Kaen.

Approved without email.

I had checked again that I had entered the email adr. correctly.

Seems like yet another SW bug tongue.png

The first time, I received an email back within a couple of hours. Today, no email but I've logged in this afternoon and the approval has been given.

Approved without email.

Same for me. Got email for first report but not for second and my email address was also typed correctly.

Approved without email.

Same for me. Got email for first report but not for second and my email address was also typed correctly.

Did you make sure the email was not dumped in the "junk" folder ?

I've tried twice and each time got the message to contact my local Imm. Office -- Chiang Mai. Each time they had no clue what the problem was.

What's the point of having that message? I'd be better off to simply mail in my report and ignore that request to go to the office in person and wait in that endless queue.

I'll echo that. What is the point of having a "contact CM Immigration" message if CM Immigration can't solve the problem and your only option is continue to mail in (if it still works) or worse, go in person (what an unpleasant thought),

I'll echo that. What is the point of having a "contact CM Immigration" message if CM Immigration can't solve the problem and your only option is continue to mail in (if it still works) or worse, go in person (what an unpleasant thought),

Check post Number 77 !

Suggest you PM the guy and ask what he did to secure success ..............

Approved without email.

Did you make sure the email was not dumped in the "junk" folder ?

Yes

On Sept 7, I tried to complete the TM-47 form on line. I tried using IE, but could not even access the form. Using either Google Chrome or Firefox, I was able to access the form, but each time I was able to complete the form (which was not every time, as many times the CAPTCHA number would not verify), and hit submit, a blank page returned and then nothing.

Finally on Sept 8, I called the numbers given 1178 (which rings but no one answers) and 1111. After three calls (one gave me a phone number to call that was a fax number, one hung up on me), the officer said to go in person to one of the three centers (Chiang Wattana, Ladphro, Major Hollywood) because could not submit on line due to "error".

So there...no on-line capacity for now it seems until they fix the "error".

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to vote yes all good but the poll seems to want both questions answered and the 2nd question has no provision for successful online reporting? wacko.png

Mine's Jomtien office and approved twice online with my 3rd online report due in a couple more weeks. clap2.gif

A follow up on my 3rd attempt. Looks like they've changed the entry mode or somesuch on the first screen after accepting the conditions?

I have tried a number of times now and the keyboard entry stutters and lags terribly. This takes forever and seems to get worse quickly as you continue through the form.

I made sure predictive keying settings were turned off in my Chrome browser which I used for the previous 2 successful reports.

Anyone experianced this and found a way around it? I even tried IE and also downloaded Firefox but they seem to suffer the same issues?

Check post Number 77 !

Suggest you PM the guy and ask what he did to secure success ..............

He landed here in 2013 or after and has not renewed his passport yet. Next question.

Udon Thani

Failed 1st attempt in June "Contact your local Immigration Office"

I came into the country in March 2015

Completed that report by mail.

Breezed through my 2nd attempt early this month, had "Approval" within 2 hours.

I see where a number of the members are not indicating which office they use as requested by the OP!!! ---- @bradenroger

Edited by bdenner