World’s first anti-corruption coffee shop opened in Ubon Ratchathani

Lite Beer

How was True Coffee selected? By an impartial biddng process or was there some incentive provided? Were there personal connections, etc?

This is the problem where transparency doesn't exist.

If the UNDP are involved then True Coffee would need to be on the qualified supplier register of the UN, and comply with whatever particular part of the UN procurement procedures applied.

Maybe you should ask them?

Another embarrassing "first" for Thailand, hub of political window dressing and gesture politics. Where will it end? In tears, one suspects. It usually does here.

Edited by Krataiboy

Excellent, and the fact that they were able to open this in such a prominent location shows that Thailand has had enough of corruption and wants it to stop.

Really??? They are ordering 150,000 pistols for the RTP so there is at least 150,000 of them. Try convincing them that they have had enough of corruption. I am sure they will not agree with you.

"Another 'Corruption Unwelcome' coffee shop is set to be opened at Khon Kaen University in September. It is to be opened in other universities in Thailand as well."

First Ubon, then KK, and lastly and very least, Bangkok, where the least corruption is to be found. Those pesky Redshirts in Isaan need to be taught that their attempts at corruption will not be tolerated...

Or is it just a coincidence?

How was True Coffee selected? By an impartial biddng process or was there some incentive provided? Were there personal connections, etc?

This is the problem where transparency doesn't exist.

When I read True and anti corruption I couldn't help laughing.. True are part of CP group, the largest conglomerate in Thailand with their fingers in every pie.

And a fairly large Investment in the owners home country (China) as well!

Excellent, and the fact that they were able to open this in such a prominent location shows that Thailand has had enough of corruption and wants it to stop.

Oh, how I wish that was true, but unfortunately they haven't and they don't.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/440383-abac-poll-thai-people-can-accept-govt-corruption/

Really??? They are ordering 150,000 pistols for the RTP so there is at least 150,000 of them. Try convincing them that they have had enough of corruption. I am sure they will not agree with you.

You guys couldn't pick up the sarcasm?

Oh, how I wish that was true, but unfortunately they haven't and they don't.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/440383-abac-poll-thai-people-can-accept-govt-corruption/

You guys couldn't pick up the sarcasm?

Sorry, but there are a number of seriously delusional people posting in this forum who think the sun rises in Uncle Too's behind, so it's hard to tell sometimes.