The Latest on Bangkok: Police say suspect may have escaped

Lite Beer

Then why don't they issue traffic citations and generate billions of baht?

Actually enforcing laws is an untapped goldmine in Thailand.

Errrr.....they do. And it goes straight into the pocket of the officer or his precinct. Ask any college student who owns a motorbike. It's not untapped and yes you're right it is probably billions of baht.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. It's all over. Forget about it. It's ancient history. Tourism is up. The Chinese are coming. Everybody is happy. Just that little thing about pulling the plug on the internet and everything will be perfect.

OK, I'll bite.................tell us more about the plug being pulled on the internet......................(this should be good) whistling.gif

The RTP have now come to the same conclusion as everyone else. It would be funny to watch their usual incompetent bumblings, if it weren't so tragic in this case. The police chief must be good at something, since he has become a billionaire according to stock exchange filings, but what is regarded as police work in non-third world countries seems not to be one of his fortes, nor does it seem to be a prerequisite for the job.

Edited by Dogmatix

Did the police pay the Times reporter yet for his detective work(as in finding the bombers name, and previous address in Bkk, and numerous witnesses to support it)??? Just think, without that helpful info they would really be up the creek. Sad it took the thunder from poor Somyot who is now unable to leap on his grandstand for the mission accomplished photo op, which is why this will end up like the Samui bombings, and other cases that the RTP were on the cusp of cracking but had to stop investigations as public interest had waned.

That is a damning indictment.

The problem is their confused and unstructured reporting, especially when the police are dependent on the assistance of the population.

I hope the police have taken the trouble and found out the exact size of the bomber?
What shoes he was wearing, is indeed visible.
Where sold these shoes?
Where these shoes have been sold?
Same for the T-Shirts, in both cases, Erawan Shrine and Sathorn pier.
The CCTV track's torn at one point.
Where could the bomber undisturbed change his clothes?
Perhaps the dress is still in a trash can on a restaurant toilet?
Maybe there are some CCTVs in restaurants?
Were the whole image data from the borders are evaluated?

Were the telephone connection data evaluated?
Just
the subject at the Sathorn pier has indeed phoned diligently.
Were real experts, also from abroad, requested?

Police work has to do mainly with diligence and systematic work.
Luck usually have only the industrious.

Edited by tomacht8

Dear Thai Bash Department:

It is duly noted that in Farangatopia in those rare cases where crime occurs, they are quickly solved 100% of the time, the correct person is convicted, and the justice system is flawless.

Criminals in Farangatopia never really work out in detail how to execute a crime,and rarely consider an escape route, which is why 100% of the time they are apprehended almost instantly.

We also acknowledge that accidents never happen, the rich, famous, powerful and influential are treated exactly the same as everyone else, and are never afforded any special treatment.

All politicians are altruists whose only purpose in life is to ensure the well being of the common man, and who are ethically above reproach.

Even when tragedies like 9-11 in the USA occur, and two super structures collapse within thier own footprint, and buildings nearby, hours later, also fall into their own basement, we know it is "just one of those things" and perfectly understandable.

Conversely, in the Kingdom of Thailand, despite the fact that criminals sit patiently at the scene of the crime, making no effort to disguise themselves or escape. despite that, the Police can not catch them.

There the criminals sit, out in the open with a "I did it sign" around their neck, and if it were not for the expert work of the Thai Visa Detective Unit, the fact that the authorities have, and always will .. bungle each and every easily solvable case .. such as the bombings ... would not be duly noted.

Congratulations ladies, once again you have managed to solve a case from bar-stools, recliners and brothels ... having no access to all the evidence, no input from Interpol or other cooperative parties, no training or back ground ... but because your skin contains less Melanin ... you are just plain smarter ... yes?

So, enjoy this glorious day, which I think we should set aside as "Bash Day" since Hooray! The bombers are on the loose and of course, the Police are HAPPY about that!

This is one of those days, being a Farang with 90% of my friends being Thai ... sucks .. because they go on this site, and read this tripe. I know, because they ask me .. in so many words .. "Why are these people in my country?"

Makes sense. What would you do if you were the bomber. I would already have my plane ticket ready. Right after the bomb, I would change my cloth, grab my bags, go straight to airport, and flight out that night.

RTP need to check all flights records leaving Thailand on Monday evening due to so many flights leaving for neighbouring countries plus there were flights for Beijing and Dubai plus India .. Also these days don't even need to use checking as everything can be done on line they also need to check Airport link cameras and MRT at Petchburi / Makkasan ...

Makes sense. What would you do if you were the bomber. I would already have my plane ticket ready. Right after the bomb, I would change my cloth, grab my bags, go straight to airport, and flight out that night.

Dear Sitti,

OK, I fell out of my chair, but am back unharmed.

Did you actually say something that makes sense on Thai Visa?

(Thank you)

Dear Sitti,

OK, I fell out of my chair, but am back unharmed.

Did you actually say something that makes sense on Thai Visa?

(Thank you)

LOL, no I meant, it makes sense that suspect may have already escaped.

Of course many comments on TV don't make sense. Too much typical bashing and BS.

He is probably already living here so best just change appearance, drop bomb, and go back to normal

Just using the airport's right after it would get your name on the list, better to hide in plain view doing whatever you do every other day

Maybe he owns a motorbike or car and lives outside bkk etc and only used tuk tuks to go to the scene of the bomb on a few test runs and keep his own vehicle well away from the investigation areas

It could even be someone with Thai wife or kids or maybe speaking perfect Thai etc..

The police are just overlooking so much possibilities because he used a hand written note to tell the driver his destination.....

It is duly noted that in Farangatopia in those rare cases where crime occurs, they are quickly solved 100% of the time, the correct person is convicted, and the justice system is flawless.

Criminals in Farangatopia never really work out in detail how to execute a crime,and rarely consider an escape route, which is why 100% of the time they are apprehended almost instantly.

We also acknowledge that accidents never happen, the rich, famous, powerful and influential are treated exactly the same as everyone else, and are never afforded any special treatment.

All politicians are altruists whose only purpose in life is to ensure the well being of the common man, and who are ethically above reproach.

Even when tragedies like 9-11 in the USA occur, and two super structures collapse within thier own footprint, and buildings nearby, hours later, also fall into their own basement, we know it is "just one of those things" and perfectly understandable.

Conversely, in the Kingdom of Thailand, despite the fact that criminals sit patiently at the scene of the crime, making no effort to disguise themselves or escape. despite that, the Police can not catch them.

There the criminals sit, out in the open with a "I did it sign" around their neck, and if it were not for the expert work of the Thai Visa Detective Unit, the fact that the authorities have, and always will .. bungle each and every easily solvable case .. such as the bombings ... would not be duly noted.

Congratulations ladies, once again you have managed to solve a case from bar-stools, recliners and brothels ... having no access to all the evidence, no input from Interpol or other cooperative parties, no training or back ground ... but because your skin contains less Melanin ... you are just plain smarter ... yes?

So, enjoy this glorious day, which I think we should set aside as "Bash Day" since Hooray! The bombers are on the loose and of course, the Police are HAPPY about that!

This is one of those days, being a Farang with 90% of my friends being Thai ... sucks .. because they go on this site, and read this tripe. I know, because they ask me .. in so many words .. "Why are these people in my country?"

Simple "Its the money honey" We are part of the economy. Maybe instead of asking "Why are these people in my country?" maybe you should ask as John F. Kennedy stated "Its not what your country can do for you but what can you do for your country" If you do not want these people in "your" country get up the backbone to change the system and quit accepting the "status quo" Talkers us foreigners included are a "dime a dozen" real honest movers and shakers "frankly do not exist" so what do you have? hmm

Edited by elgordo38

As far as I understood, were used as shrapnel ball bearing balls.
Must have been a large amount indeed.
Where could bought the bomber this bearing balls relatively anonymous?
Maybe in a big hardware store?
This article has determined an item number and will be stored in the POS system.
Maybe they are lucky and discover the shopping place and time.
With a little more luck there is a CCTV system where the CCTV hard drive has not been overwritten.

Taxi drivers near sathon 10 said they saw him for a long time, he prepared the bombing well, he will have prepared his exit just as carefully.

The authorities, if he went straight to the airport, had a near impossible small window to catch him, can't blame them for that, the only thing we can blame them for is dismissing so many possibilities and flip flopping "it's not the south... it's not the uighurs....it' not international..." to try and get some political gain, spending so much effort continuously trying to make this fit in their "old clique" preferred scenario.

_______

Edited by firestar

He is probably already living here so best just change appearance, drop bomb, and go back to normal

Just using the airport's right after it would get your name on the list, better to hide in plain view doing whatever you do every other day

Maybe he owns a motorbike or car and lives outside bkk etc and only used tuk tuks to go to the scene of the bomb on a few test runs and keep his own vehicle well away from the investigation areas

It could even be someone with Thai wife or kids or maybe speaking perfect Thai etc..

The police are just overlooking so much possibilities because he used a hand written note to tell the driver his destination.....

I think I would still go that night. Not as much as London, but there are still plenty of traffic and business surveillance cameras here. Anybody would think that police will soon have faces of all suspicious people in that area.

As far as I understood, were used as shrapnel ball bearing balls.

Must have been a large amount indeed.

Where could bought the bomber this bearing balls relatively anonymous?

Maybe in a big hardware store?

This article has determined an item number and will be stored in the POS system.

Maybe they are lucky and discover the shopping place and time.

With a little more luck there is a CCTV system where the CCTV hard drive has not been overwritten.

Many motorcycle repair/parts shops stock containers of 1/4" ball bearings used for head-stock bearing repairs. IIRC lots of 100 - I have a bottle here somewhere, cost was only a few baht.

Simple "Its the money honey" We are part of the economy. Maybe instead of asking "Why are these people in my country?" maybe you should ask as John F. Kennedy stated "Its not what your country can do for you but what can you do for your country" If you do not want these people in "your" country get up the backbone to change the system and quit accepting the "status quo" Talkers us foreigners included are a "dime a dozen" real honest movers and shakers "frankly do not exist" so what do you have? hmm

With all due respect we have three things:

(1) First, and most important, you seem to be a person with exactly Zero capacity to detect sarcasm, and two people giving you a thumbs up for it. Dear heart, the Thais know exactly why they let you in the Kingdom. For the same reason we do not eat milk cows.

You do know, being a tourist, or even a "resident" does not mean you have to be a stupid, rude "pr*** about it?

(2) A summary sentence that makes no sense, what so ever ..."Talkers us foreigners included are a "dime a dozen" real honest movers and shakers "frankly do not exist" so what do you have? hmm

(3) And two people so far giving it a thumbs up.

Honestly, i have no idea what you are saying.

Talkers us foreigners included are a "dime a dozen" - Are you saying that like every where else in this world, it is "Big hat, no Cattle?"

"...movers and shakers "frankly do not exist" - Excuse me, do you live in South east Asia, the world's fastest growing economies, and in Thailand, a country packed with Billionaires? Those countries without movers and shakers?

(1) I didn't realize they had a suspect. What's his name?

(2) The idea that he has fled the country presupposes that the perp is not Thai. Is this a foregone conclusion?

According to Khao Sod, Thai police have passport & immigration photos that match suspected bomber. Name matches ones in The Times article. The passport is probably a fake one but it allowed them to speak to loads of people who had contacts with him. It seems the bomber definitely wasn't thai, they says like the first taxi driver that he seemed " Khon kaek" the words Thai use for middle eastern.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1440239847

Edited by firestar