About to be homeless - any suggestions?

nicolas18

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting thread. As well a helping the OP its can also serve to help some here to finally admit to their own anger issues.

Some have given advice then become frustrated at not knowing what happened and start tossing cheese.

I figure it's compassion expressed as anger after not getting the response they expected.

Real relationship material there meethinks.

Hi OP,

I am sorry you have fallen on hard times. Lets break this down a little for clarity.

You have very little money left ?

You are facing eviction ?

You cannot leave Thailand because you owe money for fines ?

You cannot leave Thailand because you cannot raise money for a ticket ?

If you leave Thailand, where are you going to live in Belgium ?

You have no friends or family in a position to help you ?

You have no possessions you can sell ?

You are suffering from Physical and Mental Illness ?

You are looking for advice ?

It seems money is the root solution to your problems.

You need money.

So now we know what the solution is how are we going to get money for you.

You could ask friend and family. Well we have established this is a nonstarter.

You could ask the Embassy. Little chance their really mate.

You need to earn it. (I bet you don't have a work permit do you).

This means you need to do the following.

1. Take a bath.

2. Have a shave

3. Go to the many restaurants, pubs and hotels and start doing the rounds. Ask for any job, that pays cash. You will find something.

Take your earning plus what you have left and give 50% to your Landlord, with the promise of more to come. You keep the rest.

In between working, eating, sleeping and get your legality to stay in Thailand sorted out. There are people on here who can help.

Keep working, keep fighting and push through.

Personally I think sitting outside your Embassy begging, is far more degrading than doing so paid work, even if it washing up in a restaurant.

Good luck

Exploit what you have.

As a farang that's capital. Should be easy to find a Thai lady and play that card and get free room and board for awhile.

There's also an old saying regarding "A man and his tools" that can take on different meanings and interpretations depending on the character of a man and his particular situation but I am not familiar enough with the OP to comment further.

Edited by fey

Op, you're in the crap.

What country are you from?

You need a friend or family member to lend you some cash to leave Thai

Go home & sort yourself out

Either that or your homeless in Thai, an overstayed & will end up in the monkey house

Your in a downwards spiral that you need to get out of ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally think Thailand should require from all retirees proof of income of at least 65,000 baht/month (which is about 800,000 baht/year) and get rid of the 800,000 baht in a bank account rule. Right now, there are way too many people on a tiny pension who choose to live here and do not significantly contribute to the economy

One of the OP's posts.

Perhaps all young digital nomads should be required to show they have savings or guaranteed income to support their layabout lifestyles in Thailand when things go wrong.wink.png

I would agree that some better check on financial means be done for at least the period of whatever legal visa the person is entering under. Of course that is the general idea implied in the immigration rules.

I would study googleearth and walk out/swim river to another "suitable" country avoiding legal crossings

Get an old push bike if you don't fancy walking all the way.. I know a guy (over 60) who walked from bkk to chiengmai in 30 days and from phnon penh to Ho Chi Min city..just 'cos he could.

It would be quite an adventure, maybe write a book/blog.

I would study googleearth and walk out/swim river to another "suitable" country avoiding legal crossings

Get an old push bike if you don't fancy walking all the way.. I know a guy (over 60) who walked from bkk to chiengmai in 30 days and from phnon penh to Ho Chi Min city..just 'cos he could.

It would be quite an adventure, maybe write a book/blog.

Excellent plan...then you can be arrested for entering illegally.

Nikolas , you were last active here today but you never respond to any of us.

It would be nice of you to just tell us how you're doing and if you got the help you needed. We can all learn from this and your experience. .

It would be nice of you to just tell us how you're doing and if you got the help you needed. We can all learn from this and your experience. .

He's a troll. And we keep feeding him. He is happy.

some people's lust for blood is amazing.

Can you take a loan out from your bank back in your home country?

When my friend had a motorbike accident here and had to pay through the roof, I'm very sure he contacted his bank back home and got a loan. Could ring up a number of banks back home where one might give you a loan. It's a wild shot...

How about contacting an old ex on Facebook? You might be able to find an old friend on Facebook that you forgotten that could bail you out?

I read an article that a street beggar can make a bit of money. I'm sure if you made a sign regarding your problems you can get some money. A farang beggar... It sells! The cops might bust you tho!

If all else fails... You might have to sink low and become a freelance pro :(

https://xpat.life/thailand/begging-farang

"The lesson to learn from Bob is that nothing in life is ever certain, and we must prepare wisely for the future and the hardships that can come along with it."

Life is finite, and traveling and exploring along the way is awesome when you can afford to do it, without abandoning your most important client. Yourself.

I'll lend the OP a sleeping bag...in case its cold under his bridge.

Hang on...I thought you promised that to the guy you drink with...who ends up under the table, and when he is sick the next day , he rings me...cheesy.gif

Haha....he always scuttles off to get completely pissed out of my camera's range...crafty sod!

It happens in every country.

Here, in affluent Switzerland, i got a sob story. I myself am on benefits living in "council accomodation". An old school friend who i haven't seen for at least 20 years wants to know if i have any friends who could put her up for six months rent free!!

Well, darlin', i replied - if i had friends like that you would not even know about it. Get out and do something about your situation, like i had to do. There are associations out there that help. It is embarassing - but hell, you have to eat and sleep. And it involves not going to the pub every night. Stay at home, watch tv, listen to music, read books.

And annoy people on fora's!!!

Becoming Facebook friends with people with whom you have no connection at all since yonks is not a good thing.

Edited by Patsycat

Sorry Weegee, I edited!!

And, to finish my story.

I arranged to meet this girl. I did a detour of about 15 minutes to the Benefits Office to get all the papers to fill in, lists of documents to add to the papers etc.

I sat like a <deleted> pillock for an hour waiting for her. Her excuse - she had to take her dog to the vet. OK.

I shall give her another chance - her day, her time, and where. But after that she can do it on her own, like i did.

And i delete her from Fussybook!!

Edited by Patsycat

It happens in every country.

Here, in affluent Switzerland, i got a sob story. I myself am on benefits living in "council accomodation". An old school friend who i haven't seen for at least 20 years wants to know if i have any friends who could put her up for six months rent free!!

Well, darlin', i replied - if i had friends like that you would not even know about it. Get out and do something about your situation, like i had to do. There are associations out there that help. It is embarassing - but hell, you have to eat and sleep. And it involves not going to the pub every night. Stay at home, watch tv, listen to music, read books.

And annoy people on fora's!!!

Becoming Facebook friends with people with whom you have no connection at all since yonks is not a good thing.

You could always get a job....its what lots of us do ya know....

Sorry Weegee, I edited!!

And, to finish my story.

I arranged to meet this girl. I did a detour of about 15 minutes to the Benefits Office to get all the papers to fill in, lists of documents to add to the papers etc.

I sat like a <deleted> pillock for an hour waiting for her. Her excuse - she had to take her dog to the vet. OK.

I shall give her another chance - her day, her time, and where. But after that she can do it on her own, like i did.

And i delete her from Fussybook!!

Sounds like you are going through a rough trot also....BUT at least you have picked yourself up and done something about it...

Feel for ya , but I would never ever leave my home country without a perminent sourse of uninterupted income .

Problem is, nothing lasts forever.

Even pensions and such get cut, same goes with investments, real estate is one of the worst...