BMA unveils planned extension to link Bang Wa station with Talingchan station

webfact

BMA unveils planned extension to link Bang Wa station with Talingchan station

BANGKOK, 26 August 2015 (NNT) – The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has unveiled its plan for an extension to the 'Green Line' electric train that would link Bang Wa Station with Taling Chan Station.

Bangkok Governor M.R. Sukhumbhand Paribatra on Tuesday led press members on a tour of the extension route for the sky train's Silom Line. The extension would ease traffic congestion on Ratchaphruek Rd. in the western part of the capital city and would also promote tourism and economic affairs in the area, according to the governor.

The extension route runs north from Bang Wa, parallel to Ratchaphruek Rd., and termites at Soi Ratchaphruek 24. According to the Bangkok governor, the construction of the extension route will be completed in 2020 should it commence in 2018. The extension route is then expected to serve some 80,000 passengers per day.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-08-26 footer_n.gif

Have they figured out what to do with Saphan Taksin station yet ? The easiest solution might be to run 5 car trains on the Silom line, thereby increasing capacity. I know there is a long lead time to order cars from Germany (special production run) but cars for the Chinese trains would probably be obtained faster

Have they figured out what to do with Saphan Taksin station yet ? The easiest solution might be to run 5 car trains on the Silom line, thereby increasing capacity. I know there is a long lead time to order cars from Germany (special production run) but cars for the Chinese trains would probably be obtained faster

I thought the BTS train was a 3 and 3 configuration. It could be 3 long or 6 long - by tacking two 3s together. They were so proud to run the 4th densest line in Asia that they seemed resistant to the idea that adding capacity and thus losing their status as the 4th densest line.....

Last I heard the plan was Saphan Taksin closed - station across the river... and I guess the ferry dock would also have to move across the river.... then a moving sidewalk back across the river (the last one sounds .... weird but it was part of the recommendation).

Edited by bkkcanuck8