What's the Verdict - Windows 10

jimmym40

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're comfortable with IT / computers then you'll have no real issues with W10 from W7 (my case) but I don't think you'll get any real advantage from it either.

I'm running an insider version as a dual boot just now but I'm not sure I'll bother upgrading just yet.

What are the advantages?

In productivity I could not see any improvement from Win2000-WinXP-Win7....

There was an improvement from Win98-Win2000 (almost no crashes anymore).

What is the improvement from Win7-Win10 in your opinion?

(some shiny new desktop picture won't let me work faster)

I had issues with FTP and reverted back to 8.1, may try again when they get some of the "kinks" ironed out.

as the saying goes "if it aint broke, dont try to fix it" so staying with what works for me and my needs, unfortunately Win 10 didnt do that.

Somewhat of a push, coming from 8.1 on my Surface Pro 3. My laptop and desktop will be staying win 7. No advantages to them with win 10. And once again, microsoft have changed things, just to change things.

My BIG issue with win 10 is the privacy thing. Microsoft can, at it's discression, access anything and everything on your computer, including capturing your keystrokes. I am also NOT a fan of the manditory update process. I would give it a while longer until some good privacy utilities arrive on the scene to tame windows 10 privacy issues. Unless, of course, you really want to share everything you do on your computer and online with microsoft, and whoever they sell it on to. Your choice.

I am leaning towards reverting my SP3 back to 8.1.

Edited by WhizBang

I had issues with FTP and reverted back to 8.1, may try again when they get some of the "kinks" ironed out.

as the saying goes "if it aint broke, dont try to fix it" so staying with what works for me and my needs, unfortunately Win 10 didnt do that.

What issues?

Did a short excursion (3 hours), found that one of my favorite taskbar utility will not work.

Was less than impressed by the optics.

Was sceptical even before tyring about the mandatory update, about the data snooping.

Feels like a mega trojan.

I asked myself: whats the substantial improvement/advantage?

Couldn't answer this question.

Back to Windows 7 and be a happy user until the dust settles.

Went with W 10 from W 7. Why? W 7 was VG but you cannot delay an upgrade forever so I chose now.

Initially, startup & opening Gmail etc were very slow.

Now, it is OK - easy to adapt to - no major changes.

There will be more but I just go with the flow.

Will I revert to W 7? NO! Too much to do - nothing to gain.

What are the advantages?

In productivity I could not see any improvement from Win2000-WinXP-Win7....

There was an improvement from Win98-Win2000 (almost no crashes anymore).

What is the improvement from Win7-Win10 in your opinion?

(some shiny new desktop picture won't let me work faster)

I work faster with it.. it has good features for multi monitors (i use 3 of them) and other things also help me work faster. But it really depends on how you use your computer.

Both my pc,s (Win 7 and 8.1 before) faster,boot up and surfing-happy to stay with 10 thumbsup.gif

Well if you reinstall Win 7 it also boots much faster for a few weeks.....

But I,ve no intentions of doing sad.png CD

Here is a online video in circulation watch it and then you decide. I am staying with windows 7. I do not need Big Brother watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLiozMpqV80&sns=em

If you're comfortable with IT / computers then you'll have no real issues with W10 from W7 (my case) but I don't think you'll get any real advantage from it either.

I'm running an insider version as a dual boot just now but I'm not sure I'll bother upgrading just yet.

Yes, no complaints about Windows 10, but nothing to write home about either.

I downloaded and had issues with screen going crazy. Finally contacted Dell and was shocked to find they have no plan to have my 3 yr old laptop supported for Windows 10. Fortunately I was within the 30 day Microsoft window so was able to restore Windows 7 with all files easily. I had already bought a new printer as my Epson did not work with Windows 10 either.

I downloaded and had issues with screen going crazy. Finally contacted Dell and was shocked to find they have no plan to have my 3 yr old laptop supported for Windows 10. Fortunately I was within the 30 day Microsoft window so was able to restore Windows 7 with all files easily. I had already bought a new printer as my Epson did not work with Windows 10 either.

My paid-for Kaspersky anti-virus program vanished when I installed 10 and it remains missing-in-action. I initially Googled in hopes of finding a fix or upgrade, but found nothing helpful. I guess it will save me further annual subscription payments and I'll work on the (naive??) assumption that Windows Defender will suffice along with my Malwarebytes. Apparently all the hoopla about Windows 10 went unnoticed at Kaspersky.

Edited by Suradit69

When Microsoft send you communications and newsletters they are in Thai only with no link to an English version. Just another international company that believes everyone living in Thailand is able to speak the language. I will be avoiding Windows 10 on a mobile as many of the features will be unusable.

I'm happy with it, just a shame that about 50gb of my C drive is taken up with it. (Old windows and new). Anyone know if you can just delete the old windows file or is that a really bad thing to do?

Yes you can delete it. 30 days after installation of Win 10 It will be deleted anyway.

Obviously you can no longer revert to your previous Win7/8/8.1 installation after that, though you can still clean install your previous version.

I'm happy with it, just a shame that about 50gb of my C drive is taken up with it. (Old windows and new). Anyone know if you can just delete the old windows file or is that a really bad thing to do?

You can manually delete the old files by going through Settings but they are automatically deleted after 30 days if you don't revert to your previous installation.