Have the Russians left Pattaya?

Walter Travolta

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It turned out to be a smart investment for the russians who snapped up property here, now they're house is at least worth 2x more in rubles.

You hit the nail on the head my wife sold one yesterday ,he is over the moon ,but there are lots of Russian owned condoes coming on at the moment.

???????????? I do not understand how it is worth more in rubles. Please explain.

Easy. Russain buys a condo for 1.5 million baht (1.5 million rubles) six or eight years ago. Now, if he's lucky, he'll sell for 3 million baht (1.5 million rubles at today's exchange rates. At least he broke even, but hardly a home run

It turned out to be a smart investment for the russians who snapped up property here, now they're house is at least worth 2x more in rubles.

You hit the nail on the head my wife sold one yesterday ,he is over the moon ,but there are lots of Russian owned condoes coming on at the moment.

???????????? I do not understand how it is worth more in rubles. Please explain.

Easy. Russain buys a condo for 1.5 million baht (1.5 million rubles) six or eight years ago. Now, if he's lucky, he'll sell for 3 million baht (1.5 million rubles at today's exchange rates. At least he broke even, but hardly a home run

3 million baht would be 5.445 million roubles. This is why you needed to pay attention whilst at school.

Drop in on the food court at the Tops Market in central Pattaya and see how many are there. The Ruskies love the place.

which is the tops market?

If he's talking about the TOPS supermarket at Second Rd and Klang, it will be closing forever this month. It's in another thread.

Do you have a link to that thread? I'm hopeless with forum searches. The most recent Tops-related ones I found were from early to mid-2014, and mention nothing about the Tops on Second Road an Pattaya Klang closing.

Here you go: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/846043-low-season-is-really-low/page-3

You have it completely backwards. When it was 100 rubles equaled 100 baht, they would pay say, 2.5 million rubles for a condo priced at 2,5 million baht. Now if they sell the condo for the same 2.5 million baht, they will only get 1.25 million rubles back, since they only will get 50 rubles for each 100 baht.

For the other gentleman whose wife is in real estate and just sold one for a Russian, shame on her for her math. The Russian could not have been happy losing half his money, and the real estate agent saying "Whoppee"!

I was thinking of buying a condo now they have left but would more than likely end up with Chinese or Korean neighbours now haha

j

Not sure about the Chinese......given the "state of play" in China at this time..but if they do, they tend to keep themselves to theirselves.......which is a bonus in a condo, or otherwise

Definitely not as loud and rude as the Russians I have come across here (Sorry to the well behaved Russians)

Drop in on the food court at the Tops Market in central Pattaya and see how many are there. The Ruskies love the place.

If he's talking about the TOPS supermarket at Second Rd and Klang, it will be closing forever this month. It's in another thread.

Good news. Tops is hopeless anyway. I have tried them in many places. Pattaya, Sukhumvit and Udon Central Plaza particularly. Expensive,poor service, poor quality delicatessen with surly, arrogent and abrupt staff. For what it is worth I find Foodland the best in terms of price, quality and service. Sukhumvit and Ramkhamhaeng is where I usually shop.

Good news. Tops is hopeless anyway. I have tried them in many places. Pattaya, Sukhumvit and Udon Central Plaza particularly. Expensive,poor service, poor quality delicatessen with surly, arrogent and abrupt staff. For what it is worth I find Foodland the best in terms of price, quality and service. Sukhumvit and Ramkhamhaeng is where I usually shop.
So you met the Scowl in Udon, too, huh,Not Pleasant ...

They're all in Na-Jomtien now.

I moved from Pattaya to Na-Jomtien to get away from them but they're all here. They stay at the Ambassador City Hotel. Most the staff in the hotel speak Russian and so do most of the girls working in the massage shops opposite the hotel.

They're a bunch of A holes. When we first moved to Na-Jomtien my wife and I went for a massage and we were asked to pay upfront. I asked why do I have to pay before, I've never done that in Thailand before. The owner told me its because the Russians go for a 2 hour massage and after 1 hour they get up and say the massage is no good, and refuse to pay.

They have no respect for Thai culture. They sunbathe on the beach naked at the View Restaurant. There's signs up saying "No Panties No Service"

Horrible breed, and I'm glad the Ruble is low.

You have it completely backwards. When it was 100 rubles equaled 100 baht, they would pay say, 2.5 million rubles for a condo priced at 2,5 million baht. Now if they sell the condo for the same 2.5 million baht, they will only get 1.25 million rubles back, since they only will get 50 rubles for each 100 baht.

For the other gentleman whose wife is in real estate and just sold one for a Russian, shame on her for her math. The Russian could not have been happy losing half his money, and the real estate agent saying "Whoppee"!

blink.png

2.5 million baht is 5 million rubles nowadays.

I am staying in Park Lane, Jomtien. Still quite a few Russians but only half the number than the

same period two years ago. We will see what happens when the high season arrives but I

expect a similar 50% reduction in the Russian numbers. Maybe more.

Stoli..... Read the words above your avatar

Do you have a link to that thread? I'm hopeless with forum searches. The most recent Tops-related ones I found were from early to mid-2014, and mention nothing about the Tops on Second Road an Pattaya Klang closing.
tr

I was in Tops a couple of days ago, we asked the assistant why the shelves were empty, she said Tops lease expires (23 Sept) and Tops are leaving

It will be interesting to see what happens to the site

"Why Thailand makes them more welcome than other nationalities is way beyond me!"

"They do not respect Thai Customs or Culture and do not even like Thai people. "

Apparently Russians spend even more than the Chinese which is why theyre tolerated. That being said, many of them are loud, belligerent and drink too much. The do nothing but make fellow Russians and other farang look bad confirming the negative perceptions among Thais.

does my ass look big in this ? stayed at the lk Metropole (thanks for the tip guys) a young Russian couple staying there, she had a bikini but the bottom bit did not cover her ass, it was so funny, i would have thought her fella would have told her but i suppose ignorance is bliss.next day, new bikini, same result.wanted to park my bike in the crack

Not for much longer, I hear it will close soon.

As you say, still some Russians about although I wonder where all the Pegas Coaches are going lately.

Hopefully the ruble drops even lower along with the arrogant, cheap, disrespectful low end tourists, same as the chinese they use the same budget tourist model, 1000 times more tourists for minimal benefit for the thai economy.

Edited by age4short

2.5 million baht is 5 million rubles nowadays.

I pray that your job has nothing to do with Math. You would have to pay 5 million rubles to receive 2.5 million baht.

Stoli..... Read the words above your avatar

How in the world did you ever survive in your own country without learning Math 101? You are so wrong.........Quick, 2 + 2 is ? Oh, your answer is 22. Okay....so sad...