Uncle Jax popcorn

toenail

A fairly new gourmet popcorn outlet on the top floor of Central Festival shopping center opened up in the late spring. At first they had a promotion where if you bought the large bag of popcorn, you would get a small one free of your choice of flavor. Then the second time I went back, the free small bag was only for plain or caramel popcorn. - Change of rules, so I sent an email to the company address- contact us section (and of course no reply) A couple months later, the promotion did not exist and they had a pail of three flavors which was priced to the equivalent of 700+ baht; yet, if you bought three large bags of the most expensive flavor which is 149 baht it would be approximately 450baht. (the bucket was not made out of a rare metal...I think cardboard or tin). mmmmm, so I sent an email again to the USA company which email address is in Thailand thinking there was a price misunderstanding by the management (contact us section) and again, no reply. Last night decided to get a large bag of the Wisconsin Cheese flavor popcorn and the price was the normal 149baht.The corn was taken out of a large Tupperware (plastic) container. When I arrived home and shared it with a friend of mine, we both agreed the corn was staled;for the hard kernels were more dominant in chewing that the white fluffy starch part. So then realized, the few times I have been there, I have never seen them pop the corn at the counter (as they do in a theater with the aroma of fresh popcorn) and though there is equipment on the side, it seems to be unused. So I wonder if it is popped in BKK and brought to Patts? My suggestion is to sample the corn coming out of the plastic container before purchasing it. -- Tip from your Pattaya Popcorn consumer

PS And do not waste your time sending an email to Uncle Jax in Thailand. thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif