Severe weather warnings issued for upper parts of Thailand

webfact

Severe weather warnings issued for upper parts of Thailand

BANGKOK, 1 September 2015 (NNT) - Severe weather warnings have been issued for people living in the upper regions of the country, which are experiencing heavy rain.

In Chiang Rai province, thunderstorms knocked over a large tree onto a road in Mueang district. One vehicle was damaged, but no one was injured. Rescue officials took two hours to clear the street.

A monsoon trough moving across Thailand is expected to head towards the Gulf of Tonkin in Vietnam soon. The monsoon trough as well as a southwesterly wind in the Gulf of Thailand and Andaman Sea will continue to bring more rain to the North and Northeast of the country.

Residents in these three regions have been told to exercise caution when leaving their homes.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-09-01 footer_n.gif

2 days ago Thai News Weather warned about severe storm hitting 21 provinces, incl. Chiang Mai ... We didnt get a drop of rain yet ... Oh, the incompetence ...facepalm.gif

This reminds of me of posters here who say things like 'So where are all these supposed tourists? My local bar is empty!' These storms tend to be fairly localized. I just drove through Chiangrai and believe me, there was some serious weather going on.

If you are living in the upper regions, please don't forget to protect any susceptible nether regionscheesy.gif

I live up north and it is pissistently pouring down right now at 8.22pm. barely hear myself type this what with the wind blowing in my undercroft.

I'd lay off the Chang mate - it gives me wind in the undercroft to!

biggrin.png