• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BREAKING: Police to Announce Arrest of 'Bangkok Bomber'

By Khaosod English

14410948421441094937l.jpg
CCTV photos of alleged Bangkok bomber at the Erawan Shrine.

BANGKOK — Police will soon announce the arrest of the “yellow shirted man,” the prime suspect in the deadly bombing of the Erawan Shrine earlier this month, according to a reporter from the Bangkok Post.

In a message posted to Twitter, Wassana Nanuam said the arrest happened in Sa Kaeo province near the border with Cambodia, citing Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha as her source.

According to Wassana, Gen. Prayuth said the suspect is a foreigner.

Meanwhile TNN news reports that a televised adress will be given by police spokesman Prawuth Tharownsiri at 3:30pm.

Full story http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1441094842

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-09-01

It would appear Sa Kaeo immigration is a major gateway for illegal movements - the suspect arrested the other day alleged that he came in that way, resulting in six Immigration officers from Sa Kaeo have been transferred to inactive posts, now the alleged bomber was trying to get out that way...

I must say though, he looks taller and thinner than the yellow shirt guy...

post-140809-0-44974700-1441096585_thumb.

Edited by jamesbrock

Thai prime minister says main suspect in bombing arrested

BANGKOK (AP) — Thailand's prime minister says authorities have arrested a man they believe is the main suspect in a bombing at a shrine in central Bangkok two weeks ago that killed 20 people.

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha said Tuesday the man is a foreigner and was arrested in eastern Thailand near the Cambodian border. He described him as the main person in the bombing but did not directly say he is the person suspected of actually planting the bomb.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-09-01

BANGKOK BLAST
Erawan Shrine bomb suspect arrested: PM

The Nation

BANGKOK -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said the Erawan Shrine bomb suspect has been arrested.

Speaking to reporters after the weekly Cabinet meeting, Prahyut said the suspect was arrested at Ban Parai in Sa Kaew.

The suspect is not a Thai and police are checking the suspect's nationality.

The prime minister said the Turkish embassy has been informed of the arrest.

Nation TV reported that the suspect looked resemble to the man wearing yellow-shirt as seen on CCTVs planting a bomb inside the shrine compound on August 7. The explosion killed 20 people, mostly Ethnic Chinese foreign tourists.

The suspect has been brought to Bangkok.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Erawan-Shrine-bomb-suspect-arrested-PM-30267900.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-01

Except the guy they're currently parading around doesn't resemble the yellow shirt guy...

post-140809-0-40192100-1441097178_thumb.

Edit: Unless, of course, this isn't the guy they're accusing of being the yellow shirt guy, and some other cell member.

Edited by jamesbrock

Who is the other guy then that they paraded around all the time. I am confused now.

Yes, I thought they arrested the guy on Saturday. Perhaps this is an official announcement that the suspect is now confirmed to be the bomber.

Except the guy they're currently parading around doesn't resemble the yellow shirt guy...

attachicon.gifCNzgTG6UwAAUnEF.jpg

Edit: Unless, of course, this isn't the guy they're accusing of being the yellow shirt guy, and some other cell member.

Have a look at the video image again. Anyone could resemble that guy.

attachicon.gifCNzgTG6UwAAUnEF.jpg

Have a look at the video image again. Anyone could resemble that guy.

I've looked at it innumerable times, this guy looks—to me—the same height and size as the blue shirt (former) suspect, taller and thinner than the yellow shirt guy. I could be wrong - I hope I am.

Who is the other guy then that they paraded around all the time. I am confused now.

I am not one to defend the Thai police on consistency matters, but in this case they have always maintained the guy arrested on saturday was 'just' linked to the bombing and that he was not the yellow shirted bomber himself.

Bangkok bomb: Second foreign suspect arrested

BANGKOK: -- A second foreign suspect has been arrested in connection with the deadly bombing at a Bangkok shrine in August, the Thai prime minister has revealed.

The male suspect was arrested in Sa Kaeo province, east of Bangkok on the border with Cambodia, Prayuth Chan-ocha told reporters.
"He is a main suspect and a foreigner," he was quoted as saying.

A foreign man was arrested in Bangkok last week over the blast at Erawan Shrine which killed 20 people.

Full story http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-34114100

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2015-09-01

I am not one to defend the Thai police on consistency matters, but in this case they have always maintained the guy arrested on saturday was 'just' linked to the bombing and that he was not the yellow shirted bomber himself.

No, not always. For a few hours they were saying he was the bomber; even Reuters reported then as saying he "matched the description of a man who left a bag at the site of a Bangkok blast that killed 20 people nearly two weeks ago."

This new guy was carrying a Chinese passport - lends weight to the Uighur theory...

post-140809-0-06760800-1441098000_thumb.

We should assume that there was a team of people involved here and this guy and the other one previously arrested are members of that team.

I expect they will make further arrests.

Something that's worth considering is that the guy who actually placed the bomb in the shrine is almost certainly not the one in charge. It will be interesting to find out where these guys come from and why they did this.

I notice the Turkish embassy has been informed yet nobody knows the nationality of them whistling.gif