I hope u appreciate my driving skills?

kannot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ0cNQnFRak

Not accelerating , not turning the wheel, not braking just cruising along at 90-100kmh when THIS happened!!

The only thing I can think of is either a diesel spill ( but pick up in front who was accelerating was ok) or I may have touched on the yellow line on the right which started this off.

Six opposite locks later back under control.

I was actually not bothered by this but stopped as I thought I may have had a puncture, but everything was fine............I think Im too relaxed!!!

This is one reason I never go out on my bike in the wet in Thailand

Toyota Hilux 2 wheel drive 2.5

Im guessing the guy behind was quite excitedlaugh.png

Edited by kannot

There's a puddle of water on the far right of the road, covering the yellow line at the 5 seconds mark. As your rear right crossed over that, it aquaplaned, and because you don't have a limited slip diff, the rear right wheel accelerated. As soon as it's out of the puddle, it gets some traction and away you go.....

Its time to change new tire for your truck Bro , for your own safety .

Nope the tyres are fine in fact only 6 months old plenty of tread on them and not a lot of water on the road either, the rain wasnt heavy and no puddles

Its time to change new tire for your truck Bro , for your own safety .

Nope the tyres are fine in fact only 6 months old plenty of tread on them and not a lot of water on the road either, the rain wasnt heavy and no puddles

You can see the puddle that caused it lol, even at this crappy low res. Watch from 5s ;)

100 km/h at dense rain, touched slippery strip, old or low profile tyres, rut?, puddle/aquaplaning,

One or more of the above.

not dense rain at all, yes touched slippery strip possibly, tyres standard bridgestone truck tyres 6 months old plenty of tread, no puddles this is the You tube heavily compressed version the original has NO puddles at the 5 second mark or any on the right but i cant upload the original 200mb file, Im going with the yellow line slippery, along with manhole covers was always wary of these when learning to drive bikes.

Heres a still from the original, there is no pool of water on the yellow lines

If u can see a puddle circle it and ill skip on a bit (shadows where trees are but these are not puddles) but this is about 1 second before it started, I wasnt right over on the edge wheel probably only just on the line

Edited by kannot

Thanks for sharing the video. Sobering how easy it can be.

I'm glad the outcome was ok.

Your response seemed great and luck was with you. Do you think it was an avoidable error on your part that caused the incident?

If I may add - Tires are a more complex issue than just amount of tread. Factors include date since made, pattern, balance and compound (basically a compromise between traction and wear) Be extra conscious of that on your bike and choose a tire that will disappoint you with the kms that you get out of them for what it cost you.

The tread on the original tires on my pick-up looked as good as new after 80,000km but they didn't stick to anything let alone a wet road.

Again, thanks for the share, glad all OK and stay safe.

An excellent recovery.... As I'm sure you are aware, with so many tree's in the ditch to the right and the truck to the left somewhere in a Parallel Universe this event had tragic consequences....

As many posters have already mentioned - Your rear wheel aquaplaned...

Well I cant see what on,? really the rain was NOT heavy at all in fact looking at the road very little on it anywhere and I have the original which shows nothing there at all, dont be fooled on the far right of the road in the video what looks like water is a shadow off the trees running all along the edge of the road, any water by the line would have been very very shallow and perfectly normal for the tyres to be able to cope, I know aquaplaning and there just wasnt enough there.

Thanks for sharing the video. Sobering how easy it can be.

I'm glad the outcome was ok.

Your response seemed great and luck was with you. Do you think it was an avoidable error on your part that caused the incident?

If I may add - Tires are a more complex issue than just amount of tread. Factors include date since made, pattern, balance and compound (basically a compromise between traction and wear) Be extra conscious of that on your bike and choose a tire that will disappoint you with the kms that you get out of them for what it cost you.

The tread on the original tires on my pick-up looked as good as new after 80,000km but they didn't stick to anything let alone a wet road.

Again, thanks for the share, glad all OK and stay safe.

Well the tyres are not more than 6 months old so im still a bit puzzled, tyre pressure is ok for an empty pick up not over inflated as i do them myself and the rain was not a lot and really no standing water, no troughts in the road??

Could I have avoided it??? well youve seen the video, I wouldnt have thought the speed was excessive and the rain certainly wasnt even mildly heavy, sure i could have stayed home though ...hahaha

Edited by kannot

An excellent recovery.... As I'm sure you are aware, with so many tree's in the ditch to the right and the truck to the left somewhere in a Parallel Universe this event had tragic consequences....

Well I cant see what on,? really the rain was NOT heavy at all in fact looking at the road very little on it anywhere and I have the original which shows nothing there at all, dont be fooled on the far right of the road in the video what looks like water is a shadow off the trees running all along the edge of the road, any water by the line would have been very very shallow and perfectly normal for the tyres to be able to cope, I know aquaplaning and there just wasnt enough there.

Was your truck empty ? (i.e. nothing in the back)

You mentioned that you were neither accelerating nor decelerating at the time.

You mentioned that your right hand wheels were riding the 'Yellow' line - could it be that there was a lack of traction on rear-right wheel, the rear-left over-sped (limited slip-diff).

With the exception of the non-existent puddle - IMHO in post 2 has explained the most likely cause.

And, as other posters have mentioned - this is an excellent post - If for no other reason than to remind us drivers how easily and instantly an accident could occur out of nowhere.

You mentioned that your right hand wheels were riding the 'Yellow' line - could it be that there was a lack of traction on rear-right wheel, the rear-left over-sped (limited slip-diff).

With the exception of the non-existent puddle - IMHO in post 2 has explained the most likely cause.

And, as other posters have mentioned - this is an excellent post - If for no other reason than to remind us drivers how easily and instantly an accident could occur out of nowhere.

Yes truck empty and I know these are tail happy when empty, Im not 100% sure the wheel was on the line but I can only see this as the initial cause, white lines are very slippery, first thing we learnt about bikes and rain was white lines and manhole covers in the UK, Im not ruling out something on the side ot the road such as some diesel or oil, roads had been dry for sometime and I know a lot of stuff like this sinks into the small gaps of stone in the road and then when it rains floats out.

No puddles there though, honest guv!!

Id agree one wheel or both went but cant see a big cause.

Kannot, can you please detail what you did with your arms and feet

I can work out the obvious stuff like turned the wheel, but I'd like to learn a bit more eg.

brakes? accelerator? hard turning of steering wheel etc

I guess the theory behind what you did to recover so well

thanks

Kannot, can you please detail what you did with your arms and feet

I can work out the obvious stuff like turned the wheel, but I'd like to learn a bit more eg.

brakes? accelerator? hard turning of steering wheel etc

I guess the theory behind what you did to recover so well

thanks

My deep belief in God saved me ( check avatar), it was a miracle, well I survived so it must be??

OK turn into any skid , rear of car goes left turn right so for this hard right hard left hard right hard left but you gotta to be fast and as severity eases also ease back on turn severity and in the wet totally avoid any gas or brake 100% as your already on the limit of grip.

Basically keep those front wheels heading straight ahead

Practicing on icy roads in the UK was good

Edited by kannot

If u can see a puddle circle it and ill skip on a bit (shadows where trees are but these are not puddles) but this is about 1 second before it started, I wasnt right over on the edge wheel probably only just on the line

That's the original? You need a better dashcam, LOL :P

That's the original? You need a better dashcam, LOL tongue.png

Thats already compressed somewhat on conversion from sd card to com however I will be updating soon, any recommendations?

Hey but no standing water

Heres a thought did u see the white marker studs in the road on the right??? they could have been the start of it with the white line helping

Edited by kannot

jzx1rQI.jpg

At this point you can see the puddle on the right side. At first I thought it was a shadow too, but the tree-line is fairly constant and the dark area gets more pronounced at that point. Also if you look a bit to the right you can see a reflection of light off the water further into the shoulder at the same place- helps to replay the video and look to the right. Where the darker spot finishes is where the car begins to rotate.

Nice job keeping the vehicle going in the right direction, especially with that first scary lurch towards the trees!

jzx1rQI.jpg

At this point you can see the puddle on the right side. At first I thought it was a shadow too, but the tree-line is fairly constant and the dark area gets more pronounced at that point. Also if you look a bit to the right you can see a reflection of light off the water further into the shoulder at the same place- helps to replay the video and look to the right. Where the darker spot finishes is where the car begins to rotate.

Nice job keeping the vehicle going in the right direction, especially with that first scary lurch towards the trees!

Hmmmm......... really no it wasnt standing water.

Let me see if can find a better image

Yes truck empty and I know these are tail happy when empty, Im not 100% sure the wheel was on the line but I can only see this as the initial cause, white lines are very slippery, first thing we learnt about bikes and rain was white lines and manhole covers in the UK, Im not ruling out something on the side ot the road such as some diesel or oil, roads had been dry for sometime and I know a lot of stuff like this sinks into the small gaps of stone in the road and then when it rains floats out.

No puddles there though, honest guv!!

Id agree one wheel or both went but cant see a big cause.

A diesel spill is an equally viable explanation... although I'm not sure why the other vehicles were not impacted.

One of the wheels slipped (rear right), the other gripped (rear left).

This is 1 second on and it all goes t**s up in the next second ......no puddles

Tried to get a bit better shot but my image composer buggers things up a bit but no water on the line file size now 4mb not 400k jpeg to bmp