HELP! Involved in an accident

patyh

My brother, an attorney, once said that many ppl get into trouble with their mouths after an event.

I cannot speak for Thailand, but he said if I was ever questioned by the police, to simply say that I would love to answer their questions, but my brother, an attorney, told me to talk to him first (or words to that effect.)

Might not work with Thai police but it sounds like replacing the word "attorney" with "my insurance agent" might work here.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother, an attorney, once said that many ppl get into trouble with their mouths after an event.

I cannot speak for Thailand, but he said if I was ever questioned by the police, to simply say that I would love to answer their questions, but my brother, an attorney, told me to talk to him first (or words to that effect.)

Might not work with Thai police but it sounds like replacing the word "attorney" with "my insurance agent" might work here.

Here, you just say "not my fault" until the police rule otherwise, or not.

:)

The problem with this is, in minor accidents the police plays judge - so if you don't say it wasn't you, he could just rule it your fault and then give you the bad news.

You need to at least say "not may fault" so there's an open case to hand over to your insurance agent :)

You need to at least say "not may fault" so there's an open case to hand over to your insurance agent smile.png

Agreed. As this is a USA based video, was posted to let people know to say the bare minimum. Show DL, insurance, Tax, say ' Not my Fault ' and not a thing more until Insurance gets there. No 'He Said, She said ' No disucssion at all. Don't hang yourself with your own rope kind of thing.