Policeman kills supervisor over low evaluation results

Lite Beer

I fail to see what the difference is between this man who killed his boss and any worker in the US who kills his boss, typically along with many co-workers - some of the comments about Thai's and Thailand here are seriously misguided and represent nothing more than an opportunity to bash.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A table full of cops, one draws his weapon and starts firing...several shots, and then manages to run away. Not one other cop present had a weapon too? The cops on either side of him haven't been taught how to restrain a man? Or were they all quietly pleased the boss got knocked off?

RiP

what will be the evaluation of the 'group of Police Officers' who let him run away? multi-choice question on their next appraisal :

1/ they all left their guns at home?

2/ their guns were not loaded?

3/ they had not yet been trained to use their guns?

4/ they were cowards?

RiP

what will be the evaluation of the 'group of Police Officers' who let him run away? multi-choice question on their next appraisal :

4/ they were cowards?

5/ they hadn't yet finished dinner?

RiP

4/ they were cowards?

5/ they hadn't yet finished dinner?
6/ They couldn't care less

7/ not part of their responsibilities.

8/ didn't notice anything unusual.

RiP

4/ they were cowards?

5/ they did not want to tackle an angry headcase with a gun already in his hand who had just shot a man to death in front of them.

I fail to see what the difference is between this man who killed his boss and any worker in the US who kills his boss, typically along with many co-workers - some of the comments about Thai's and Thailand here are seriously misguided and represent nothing more than an opportunity to bash.

Hmm i'm not sure it happens that often with the POLICE in western countries.

And by the way, not everyone who comments here, on a forum about THAILAND comes from the USA, where gun crimes are endemic and are a concern for those citizens.

Although around here it does seem that any criticisms about parts of Thailand are now quickly labeled "thai bashing".

Edited by kaorop

Where is the value of a life in Thailand? Such a stupid thing to kill someone for and these are the people who are paid to protect others. When will the Gov realize they need to find people who want to be in the police who really care and want to help others and value truth and justice and life and order.

Last year there was a wedding party in the village that we used to live in in thre countryside of Ubon. A 14 year old kid from another village came to the party with a couple of friends. He didn't like the face of a local 12 year old kid so he shot him in the head in front of everyone there.

(In this context "face" as in the Thai version of face.)

I still cannot believe it and I only saw the kid a couple of times previously. Everyone else in the village soon moved on and it was never mentioned again.

Life doesn't have the same value or meaning in Thailand as we give it, or certainly not as much as I value it.

It doesn't have the same meaning throughout parts of Asia because of the religion aspect.

If reports of having to pay prior to being hired and promoted within the RTP force are accurate, its possible the shooter felt he did not get his monies worth ( which he borrowed to pay) the Lt Col.

It would be as good a defense /excuse, even if not true, that we hear offered for violence by individuals.

This story has a real relevance to falang living here.

You may have been 'lucky' and never had trouble here so far, but people are at risk.

One scam the police run to improve their performance is to use an 'informer' to to generate arrests.

The informer is usually a petty criminal known to the police and previously arrested. They give this person some drugs to plant at a victims house.

The informer goes to a house on some false premise, like selling soap or food and while there hides the drugs somewhere.

They tell the police which house to go to and where the drugs are. The police come and tell you a person came to your house and saw you hiding drugs and reported it to them.

They go to the hidden drugs, and presto, you get busted, they get an arrest added to their 'performance' record, and best of all, they get their drugs back to use for the next victim.

This is a real scam that anyone can fall victim to and shows one of the dark aspects of the deep levels of corruption here.

Walls, gates and security cameras are your best defence against it.

Agree fully...had been holding back on the keyboard.

Its not just USA but don't they have few recent examples of police being charged with murder. In some cases with very long careers.

Good thing they check for weapons in schools. If they didn't I wouldn't hand out anything under B+

I guess he was used to the school evaluations where everyone passes, when he was measured

on his performance and found lacking, he just could not handle the failure. Not his fault, a product

of the system. Glowing evaluations only or expect more of the same. blink.png