One million more Chinese tourists are expected to visit Pattaya each year

Lite Beer

One million more Chinese tourists are expected to visit Pattaya each year after launch of two direct flight routes

IMGP1086-wpcf_728x413.jpg

PATTAYA: -- An addition of one million Chinese tourists are expected to visit Pattaya each year after Air Asia has agreed to operate two new direct routes to two Chinese cities scheduled to be launched on September 25.

In order to accommodate the anticipated rise of Chinese tourists visiting the world’s famous seaside resort town on the eastern coast, the Pattaya city administration held a meeting with concerned agencies to discuss preparations which include infrastructure development to cope with expected increased arrivals.

Mr Sutham Petkate, Pattaya city deputy clerk, said Friday that at least one million more Chinese tourists would flock to Pattaya each year thanks to the opening of the two new direct routes from Utapao to Nan Ning and to Nan Xang.

He pointed out at the lack of a mass transit system between Utapao airport and Pattaya as well as other eastern towns.

Air Asia plans to operate four flights a week between Utapao and Nan Ning and three flights a week between Utapao and Nan Xang using two 180-seat Airbus 4320 aircrafts.

The airline has launched a promotion programme offering special price starting at 990 baht for a single flight, said Ms Watchuree Kantapeng, director of ground operations of the airline.

She said the airline has confidence in the capacity of Pattaya to attract more Chinese tourists.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/one-million-more-chinese-tourists-are-expected-to-visit-pattaya-each-year-after-launch-of-two-direct-flight-routes

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-04

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't often go to Pattaya nowadays but about 3 weeks ago I stayed at the Dusit.

In the mornings I had a grand view over Pattaya and I noticed that from about 7 am to 9 am there was a constant stream of Chinese tourists going from Beach Road to boats waiting in the sea. I assume they were going to Koh Lan.

Anyway, they looked liked ants in a long and never ending line.

What on earth will it look like in a couple of years?

I have invested in an investment condo at UNIXX so any news on improving tourist numbers including expanding the local airport at a cost or 200 million baht as well as creating the high speed train to Pattaya is good financial news to my ears.

As it stands now the market is weak, but give it 3 years with infrastructure upgrades and an elected government in power (before the next round of violence) the property prices will be much healthier than now.

Sutham Petkake.......maths doesn't seem to have been your "best" subject

Probably a good move to get yourself a calculator before going public........

Yet more buses to clog up Beach Road unloading the flag waving hoards......bless em

Having said that, this morning at 9.00 am only 2 buses unloading.....and an armada of ferry boats moored on the tideline with owners and other traders looking anxious

Edited by DD13

This is great news!!!!

Soon Thailand will be 300 million people, pollution like China, and all the Thais will get rich!!!!

the smart ones know when to get out early........

They better bring their own water. I guess they can swim in all that sewage they will be releasing. I think once economics sinks into the world scene all bets will be off. Mother Nature will soon put a stop to all this nonsense.

I have invested in an investment condo at UNIXX so any news on improving tourist numbers including expanding the local airport at a cost or 200 million baht as well as creating the high speed train to Pattaya is good financial news to my ears.

As it stands now the market is weak, but give it 3 years with infrastructure upgrades and an elected government in power (before the next round of violence) the property prices will be much healthier than now.

While I admire your optimism I am not sure I share it.

The Chinese themselves don't seem to be big condo buyers as yet. plus their ever increasing numbers and overwhelming presence I believe will reduce the number of more suitable tourists for your investments. Perhaps the Russians will return for you.

Even your 3 year infrastructure hopes are optimistic, the trains certainly won't be ready by then, elected government... who knows, and even the tunnel could still be under construction. All I see is condo buildings going up (or stalled and standing ugly) and that will not help a soft market.

Edited by jacko45k

1 Million? Hmmm.....giggle.gif

7 flights weekly x 180 = 1260 seats weekly = 65.520 seats yearly

1 million more every year !

So income to Pattaya, daily spending over the year by these tourists will increase by around 5 million baht ( water is 5 baht a bottle, if you forget to take it from the hotel )

Cleaning costs at the tourist areas they visit will go up by say 3 baht a day per tourist, although the cleaning can be ignored if you feel like it.

General wear and tear on the area 5 baht a day per tourist, although it's not really essential to maintain anything, is it ?

Looking good so far

coffee1.gif

1 Million? Hmmm.....giggle.gif

7 flights weekly x 180 = 1260 seats weekly = 65.520 seats yearly

To find out what is wrong with your figures, you may consider to take a math course from Mr. Sutham Petkate, Pattaya city deputy clerk or consult a statistic tutor from the TATgigglem.gif However, 65.520 Chinese equals 1 Million more nails in the coffin.

Edited by Lupatria

This is great news.

With all those jaded Thai hookers and nasty ladyboys, I could never think of a good reason to go to Pattaya before.

Now that there are going to lots of single, hot Chinese girls to party with, the place should be much more interesting.

Never heard of Nan Xang Airport. I think that they must mean Nan Chang.

Did you know that 85% of solo Chinese travellers are women. Looks like anybody with more than a few words of mandarin is going to be living it up like a Rock star in Pattaya this Christmas.

Tourist brochure photo.

IMGP1086-wpcf_728x413.jpg

------------------------------

Reality.

667797.jpg

To be honest, I don't see any difference between "tourist brochure" and "reality" except for a few trees that have not yet been cut down.

Beauty ...eyes...beholder....?