NCPO explains why it rejects UDD’s public discussion on draft charter

Lite Beer

If anyone is still confused about the double standards thing, let this disavow you of that puzzlement.

If you recall, anti-democrat Suthep Thaugsuban calling a very public press conference to trumpet his support for the democracy crippling draft constitution. Good enough he declared! Support it he demanded!

Suthep is not restricted, but those from the other side of the equation are. Suthep is a supporter. It seems only critical voices are to be silenced. Anyone else can line up to speak.

In reality however, some objectives have been reached. It will simply propel those who were denied, go to plan 'B".

This is an affront to them. This idiocy is getting huge circulation, and in some way exceeds what a Press Conference could. The details of the thing are well known anyway and doesn't need reiteration in a Press Conference. Also the notion that Suthep influenced anyone who wasn't already disposed to his version of things is mistaken. He probably incited more people against this thing than the other way around.

Wow, interesting times to observe all of this from the sidelines for us inconsequential Farangs.

"democracy crippling draft"

That's like saying we're against, 'nuff said. Missing is the 'obvious', or 'clearly for all to see'.

My understanding is that politicians are against as it restricts them in their previous almost unrestricted position to 'be someone' and even date to mention 'responsibility', 'accountability' and such.

You might be right buit I doubt it.

What most people who are against it are saying is that the people elect a government and then that government is subject to the decisions of an unelected cabal who are appointed by hangers on of you-know-who.

Kind of defeats the object really - might as well not have any elections, save the money to be distributed among deserving army types and continue trying to persuade the world to believe you even know what the word 'democracy' means.

Easier, less complicated. very 'appropriate'.

So, most who are against are against way the new draft has come to be rather than it's contents?

As for elections, well, once it's clear to all concerned that criminal fugitives have no say in this.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is still confused about the double standards thing, let this disavow you of that puzzlement.

If you recall, anti-democrat Suthep Thaugsuban calling a very public press conference to trumpet his support for the democracy crippling draft constitution. Good enough he declared! Support it he demanded!

Suthep is not restricted, but those from the other side of the equation are. Suthep is a supporter. It seems only critical voices are to be silenced. Anyone else can line up to speak.

In reality however, some objectives have been reached. It will simply propel those who were denied, go to plan 'B".

This is an affront to them. This idiocy is getting huge circulation, and in some way exceeds what a Press Conference could. The details of the thing are well known anyway and doesn't need reiteration in a Press Conference. Also the notion that Suthep influenced anyone who wasn't already disposed to his version of things is mistaken. He probably incited more people against this thing than the other way around.

Wow, interesting times to observe all of this from the sidelines for us inconsequential Farangs.

That's like saying we're against, 'nuff said. Missing is the 'obvious', or 'clearly for all to see'.

My understanding is that politicians are against as it restricts them in their previous almost unrestricted position to 'be someone' and even date to mention 'responsibility', 'accountability' and such.

What most people who are against it are saying is that the people elect a government and then that government is subject to the decisions of an unelected cabal who are appointed by hangers on of you-know-who.

Kind of defeats the object really - might as well not have any elections, save the money to be distributed among deserving army types and continue trying to persuade the world to believe you even know what the word 'democracy' means.

So, most who are against are against way the new draft has come to be rather than it's contents?

As for elections, well, once it's clear to all concerned that criminal fugitives have no say in this.

"So, most who are against are against way the new draft has come to be rather than it's contents?"

You might very well say that, and it probably makes you feel better to do so. I don't agree.

"As for elections, well, once it's clear to all concerned that criminal fugitives have no say in this."

Ooh, the 'criminal fugitives' line. How very unexpected. And not very convincing either, still you're are entitled to your view. In any case, the Thai people are entitled to vote for whom they please, criminal fugitive or not. You might try to educate them as to your view but I doubt they'd be very interested.

Edited by Jon Wetherall

"So, most who are against are against way the new draft has come to be rather than it's contents?"

You might very well say that, and it probably makes you feel better to do so. I don't agree.

"As for elections, well, once it's clear to all concerned that criminal fugitives have no say in this."

Ooh, the 'criminal fugitives' line. How very unexpected. And not very convincing either, still you're are entitled to your view. In any case, the Thai people are entitled to vote for whom they please, criminal fugitive or not. You might try to educate them as to your view but I doubt they'd be very interested.

Thai may vote for those who registered and qualified. That excludes criminal fugitives.
I'm aware that's too much Western Democratic thinking for some, some who also oppose 'Thai special' democracy.
BTW I get the impression we had these discussions before, must have been another life.

Thai may vote for those who registered and qualified. That excludes criminal fugitives.
I'm aware that's too much Western Democratic thinking for some, some who also oppose 'Thai special' democracy.
BTW I get the impression we had these discussions before, must have been another life.

LOL. 'special' democracy. Is that like kids who have 'special' needs? LOL.

Besides, I don't recall anyone voting for Thaksin when the last government was elected (that was before some treasonous Army officers were paid to launch a coup of course). So I'mat a bit of a loss to understand what you're on about exactly.

Edited by Jon Wetherall

"leading the public to have negative perception against the junta."

The NCPO and Prayut are guilty of that without any help from third parties.

The majority of the public, especially the ones old enough to remember more than a few coups (anyone my age would have been alive for no less than eight) would probably be a tad apathetic when it comes to juntas taking power.

So you mean the population should apathetically just bend over and lift up the skirt??

Your tilt, not mine. Don't try to twist my words like you usually do when replying to someone's comment.

And it must really hurt you to know this but that is generally what the population has done over the years, whenever a coup comes along.

You can agitate and stir all the shit you like from the safety of your computer room, but a counter-coup is probably not going to happen soon.

Unless of course you are going to raise an army of smurfs and take over the government. Let us know how you get on. coffee1.gif

LOL. 'special' democracy. Is that like kids who have 'special' needs? LOL.

Besides, I don't recall anyone voting for Thaksin when the last government was elected (that was before some treasonous Army officers were paid to launch a coup of course.

You may want to check that. Lots of the 'nicer' posters here kept telling me that all Thai 'knew' they voted for Thaksin when voting for his sister..

As for "treasonous Army officers were paid to launch a coup of course" that's one of those remarks some like to make when they're running out of real arguments.

It looks like Thailand could follow the US train of thought. You have the right to bear arms against a rogue govt.

Its a matter of when, not if, you cannot suppress the people who voted in the last elected govt and I would never blame them for fighting back in a way they chose.

Democratically of course. Shoot at 'the others', drop the odd grenade. Perfectly acceptable, to some that seems.

exactly, the reds track record on democracy and the methods they use is obvious to most, IMO they are an organisation that borderline terrorism, it is clear that Thaksins crowd can voice their opposition through PTP

The majority of the public, especially the ones old enough to remember more than a few coups (anyone my age would have been alive for no less than eight) would probably be a tad apathetic when it comes to juntas taking power.

So you mean the population should apathetically just bend over and lift up the skirt??

Your tilt, not mine. Don't try to twist my words like you usually do when replying to someone's comment.

And it must really hurt you to know this but that is generally what the population has done over the years, whenever a coup comes along.

You can agitate and stir all the shit you like from the safety of your computer room, but a counter-coup is probably not going to happen soon.

Unless of course you are going to raise an army of smurfs and take over the government. Let us know how you get on. coffee1.gif

"Your tilt, not mine. Don't try to twist my words like you usually do when replying to someone's comment."

So, exactly how did I twist your words??

"And it must really hurt you to know this but that is generally what the population has done over the years, whenever a coup comes along."

The alternative being?

"You can agitate and stir all the shit you like from the safety of your computer room, but a counter-coup is probably not going to happen soon.

Unless of course you are going to raise an army of smurfs and take over the government. Let us know how you get on. "
Wow, that hurt! You call my posts agitation and shit stirring, while words fail me in characterizing your drivel. But I can at least say honestly that I want the people of Thailand to decide their own future. You can not.

It looks like Thailand could follow the US train of thought. You have the right to bear arms against a rogue govt.

Its a matter of when, not if, you cannot suppress the people who voted in the last elected govt and I would never blame them for fighting back in a way they chose.

Democratically of course. Shoot at 'the others', drop the odd grenade. Perfectly acceptable, to some that seems.

exactly, the reds track record on democracy and the methods they use is obvious to most, IMO they are an organisation that borderline terrorism, it is clear that Thaksins crowd can voice their opposition through PTP

So, how would you characterize the yellows?

Thailand was a great place many years ago.....now its gone. The Pheu Thai, The Democrats, The UDD, The PRDC, The Army, The Aristocrats have destroyed this great place......its getting bad day by day and I fear what will become of it in the near future. Did anybody bothered to ask Tourists, Expats etc what they really liked about the old thailand and how to keep that going instead of making their own decisions? Many long term expats are leaving and many real decent tourists are going elsewhere.....the only people coming to thailand these days are the criminals, the poor tourists and those seeking employment or a cheap lifestyle here.

Don't recall Thaksin had attitude adjustment camps.

This topic is about the NCPO rejecting the UDD's public discussion on the Draft Charter yet your comment was nothing but a Suthep bash, managing to mention his name no less than four times.

....................................Suthep is not restricted, but those from the other side of the equation are. Suthep is a supporter. It seems only critical voices are to be silenced. Anyone else can line up to speak.........................................

You really have mastered the art of stating the obvious !

And the more you use the term "anti-democrat" the more people are going to think you are Bannum opinions reincarnated. thumbsup.gif

Can not blame him. A lot of people were scared of Mandela as well and denounced him (more than four times) due to him being in touch with the majority opinion.

The minority are scared and Bannum opinions some know it...

As long as it is not clearly established that:

No criminals and/or corrupt people on electoral lists!

No criminals and/or corrupt people in government, parliament or as a civil servant!

Exclude are all persons from the Parliament and from electoral lists which

a have criminal records.

b running free on bail.

c were already banned from parliament in the past.

d against are corruption or crime cases opened.

I would reject any constitution.

And this polarizing, generalizing drivel, - red / yellow - shirt brings nothing.
Each camp has its black sheeps.

….because of controversial clauses relating to the National Strategic Reform and Reconciliation Committee, the "outsider" prime minister and the appointed senators.

That's always a problem. The question is who appoints who?
And the last, which I wants to see in such a veto – committee, are the ex-police chiefs, the retired generals and old former politicians.

Would be much better coupling the seats with the state lottery.
Every two years, they should give away the seats with the lottery.
Anyone can win 2.4 million baht salary for two years.
The obligation for each winner is then to devote his service to the country for two years, to control the parliamentarians.
And if some politician again try to rape the country, this random members can block the government with a 2/3 majority.

Perhaps this solution would be transitionally more democratically alive, than to equip the old dinosaurs with a big veto right.

a counter-coup is probably not going to happen soon.

Firstly the reds do not have a majority to enact a counter coup which was shown when the dozen or so hard red leaders and supporters meekly retreated when accountability came marching in (without a single bullet being fired)

Also going by the red leaders track record of broken promises when Jatuporn promised that any coup would result in an immediate and harsh reaction one can be assured that it would never eventuate....And guess what...It didn't.

Another broken promise. Surprise surprise.

what is a yellow, we have the redshirts who's support is now very questionable after they murdered children and gloated about it on stage and the rest of the Thai people (sometimes referred to as multicolour I believe), nice to think of factions as it feeds the agenda but I think the climate has changed - try and keep up

Try putting down your script and thinking for yourself.

Try putting down your script and thinking for yourself.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/853426-anti-yingluck-govt-protest-big-c-grenade-attackers-jailed-for-life/

Edited by smedly

Firstly the reds do not have a majority to enact a counter coup which was shown when the dozen or so hard red leaders and supporters meekly retreated when accountability came marching in (without a single bullet being fired)

Also going by the red leaders track record of broken promises when Jatuporn promised that any coup would result in an immediate and harsh reaction one can be assured that it would never eventuate....And guess what...It didn't.

In case didn't get it, a counter coup is performed by an army regiment, not by a political opposition group.

It is known since the 2006 coup that the army is split into 2 camps.

" a counter-coup is probably not going to happen soon."

Where did I say there will be a counter-coup??

"Firstly the reds do not have a majority to enact a counter coup which was shown when the dozen or so hard red leaders and supporters meekly retreated when accountability came marching in (without a single bullet being fired)"

Does one need a "majority" to instigate a coup? Then how did the present junta do it??

"Another broken promise. Surprise surprise."

I seem to remember a certain someone saying that he did not plan on instigating a coup, and that he certainly did not want to become a PM. Do you remember that?

what is a yellow, we have the redshirts who's support is now very questionable after they murdered children and gloated about it on stage and the rest of the Thai people (sometimes referred to as multicolour I believe), nice to think of factions as it feeds the agenda but I think the climate has changed - try and keep up

Maybe. I guess we'll all see come election day. Or even sooner, referendum day.

Care for a modest wager?

Edited by Jon Wetherall

Every day this non-elected, illegal government digs their hole deeper and deeper.

"...the NCPO had to stick to its original guideline to seek cooperation from all sectors to refrain from holding activities which may cause public confusion, may affect efforts to promote unity or may affect the political roadmap..."

No one with half a brain would believe the drivel that comes out of their mouths.

They may not be elected by some former police Lieutenant-Colonel, but they are legal.

They may not be elected by some former police Lieutenant-Colonel, but they are legal.

Ah, nooo, they're not. Or did you miss the point that they had an ILLEGAL COUP, then installed themselves into power, then "elected" (if you want to call it that) a new PM who, by the way, was the same man who lead the coup. There is absolutely nothing legal about the present government in any way, shape or form.

Then it should be debated in an open forum, and the junta should not spend so much time trying to protect itself.

Some of you pro junta posters need to have a wee rethink on what you were stating prior to and just post coup, in that the reds were about to envelope the country in an all out civil war, now you're saying they are all mouth and no trousers, so which is it? They talk a good fight and were mere sabre rattling and being jingoistic, or they're a very credible force capable of sustaining a civil war ? (which historically these tend to last upwards of 5+ years).

Personally I never believed a word they said, and were no more capable of staging a civil war than Vannesa Mae winning Olympic Gold!! How many of you had your affairs in order, ready to leave at a moments notice once the shit hit the fan and the streets became battle zones? Not many I'll bet, because although it sounds very dramatic, the chances of Thailand becoming another Tunisia, Libya, Iraq or Syria were zero.

The RTA would have fragmented like a piece of ice if the country descended into the chaos of a civil war, as the majority of the conscripts would simply do what conscripts/draftees do/did the world over when war came a knocking...they ditched their gear and went home.All your units based in Issan would never in a million years turn their weapons on their own villages.

You also will have massive splits within the Army, not many Generals would be willing to turn their guns on their own people.

Civil war was a red herring, nothing more than a ruse, considering there is already one ongoing now for 10+ years, having the brain dead reds running rampant throughout Thailand was never going to happen.

Just out of curiosity, the anti Thaksin/red farangs living in Issan with their red voting families, would you cast them aside due to your political opinions, and leave them to fend for themselves if civil war/anti red forces came, or would you stay and protect them and your home with your life? Because that is what would happen if the country was engulfed in a civil war, you all become targets for both pro and anti Government factions, as you're ....well a foreigner who has a lot more to lose than the average Thai when it comes to property and valuables.

The UDD and their rabid reds are nothing more than walking public toilets, just full of shit!! They love to talk a good fight, but the truth is, they couldn't fight sleep!!

Care for a modest wager?

not sure what you mean, since the reds are not actually a political party how does any sort of voting measure their support, these polarized organizations were very much part of the problem here, no such thing as a yellow any more so you have ask the question - what exactly is the agenda of the redshirt leaders and what part are they really playing apart from threats violence and murder against anyone that opposes them, it is time they were outlawed and disbanded

Care for a modest wager?

not sure what you mean, since the reds are not actually a political party how does any sort of voting measure their support, these polarized organizations were very much part of the problem here, no such thing as a yellow any more so you have ask the question - what exactly is the agenda of the redshirt leaders and what part are they really playing apart from threats violence and murder against anyone that opposes them, it is time they were outlawed and disbanded

What...like the army?

It is up to the Thais to decide who they want to vote into office. If they want violence and murder against people that is entirely up to them.

They deserve to chose who they want, and in time they will. But as per usual, it wont be who the army wants and the merry go round will start again.

Care for a modest wager?

If they are not actually a political party how can you outlaw them and disband them ? Most of those who call themselves a red shirt want an election. They want their vote to count. Are you saying that all those who claim to be a red shirt are threatening violence and murder ?

@ Linky

It is up to the Thais to decide who they want to vote into office. If they want violence and murder against people that is entirely up to them.

I cut ur post down to that one sentence.

Sorry that I do.

But this can not be the basis for a peaceful coexistence within a society?

"If they want violence and murder against people that is entirely up to them."

???