Hooters Bangkok to open this month

Jonathan Fairfield

Hooters Bangkok to open this month
Hooters-Phuket-2-620x400.jpg
Hooters Bangkok opens its doors this week on Sukhumvit Soi 15, kickstarting a THB100 million (US$2.8 million) marketing campaign to raise brand awareness in the country.
The Hooters Thailand franchise was secured by Destination Resorts, the company behind DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Phuket at Surin Beach, DusitD2 Phuket Resort, Sri Racha International Golf at Sri Racha Hills, Hard Rock Café Phuket at Patong Beach, Novotel Phuket Karon Beach Resort & Spa, Novotel Hua Hin Cha Am Beach Resort & Spa and the Swissotel Resort Phuket.
It also operates the Four Points by Sheraton hotel on Bangkok’s Sukhumvit 15, where Hooters Bangkok is located, a 253 sqm, two storey bar to be officially opened on September 18.
Since securing the franchise, Destination Resorts has opened its first restaurant in the holiday resort of Phuket and has a third under construction on Pattaya’s Beach Rd, a massive 810 sqm complex with 50 high definition televisions screening sport, two bars and two outdoor areas.
Destination Resorts will open 30 Hooters restaurants across Southeast Asia in partnership with the American brand owner over five years. A fourth is planned for Samui next year.
-- Retail News Asia 2015-09-08

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon it will be as successful as lap dancing clubs are successful in Thailand (NOT) .... and for the same obvious reasons.

Some western businessmen have always been stupid when it comes to local culture.

Just what Thailand doesn't need...more overpriced tourist traps from the West. Hoping they fail fabulously! vampire.gif

An envious someone else who knows the prices ahead of it's opening. And why would anyone display so much delight at the prospect of all the local staff losing their jobs?

Edited by Sviss Geez

I reckon it will be as successful as lap dancing clubs are successful in Thailand (NOT) .... and for the same obvious reasons.

Some western businessmen have always been stupid when it comes to local culture.

And some Thaivisa posters seem to be just as dull. This is a franchise operation in Thailand so nothing to do with western businessmen being stupid, quite the opposite in fact.

Swiss Geez - maybe don't understand how franchise operations work in practice.

The franchisor will be the one rubbing his hands together expecting to make lots of luvvly jubbly out of this. Typically a franchisor would make 2 to 3 times the profit made by a franchisee. Wouldn't mind betting this was a push operation from the west not a pull from the locals.

Katoeys..or are the hooters authentic?

The lady on the left is authentic. She is the mother of my good friends daughter, who is 14 years old. smile.png

She also appears to have only one leg.

God, you must be right about that, I count only 11 feet. I'm catching up with her the week after next. It will be interesting to see a legless hooter. :D

Swiss Geez - maybe don't understand how franchise operations work in practice.

The franchisor will be the one rubbing his hands together expecting to make lots of luvvly jubbly out of this. Typically a franchisor would make 2 to 3 times the profit made by a franchisee. Wouldn't mind betting this was a push operation from the west not a pull from the locals.

Maybe you don't understand how the English language works in practice, try reading my post again. I know exactly how franchises work.

And it's "Sviss" , not "Swiss".