Suspect in Bangkok bombing tells police he's 'guilty'

webfact

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spare no punishment on him if he is guilty.

He deserves everything he gets.

Only its not going to be enough to account for the lives of the 20 dead people.

Terrorism is the most heinous crime I can imagine. It randomly targets innocent people.

I think the only law that might work to combat it, is to redirect the attack back on the terrorists families.

20 lives from the families of each of the terrorists should be forfeit. Wipe away blood lines. Terrorism is a disease and like any disease, its got to be stopped.

That way anyone who wants to protect their families must inform on anyone they suspect. And every terrorist action has an equal and obviously unjust punishment for the terrorists.

It sounds cruel, but no less cruel than the random people they kill.

Don't be so quick to be judge, jury, and executioner. Everyone deserves a fair trial. You might one day be behind that end of the stick given the lack of transparency in their justice system here.

Don't forget not so long ago the Salem witch trials or the countless atrocities committed by many nations.

I'm not saying terrorism is not wrong and that the end justify the means. One must try to understand the reasons behind it to avoid history repeating.

...he does not say that he is guilty of the bombing...

..why print such a misleading headline...

..he says that he is 'guilty of co-possession of illegal explosives'....

...and who knows if they are even considered explosives until they are combined in particular ratios, etc....

its not him! far too tall, stand him exactly where other guy and overlay CCTV image, I doubt he will be the same height.

do you just read headlines and look at pictures?? Read the article, it says he assisted with handling the bomb, not of being the bomber.
I said that because in another thread the police said he was going to re-enact his bombing today. So yes I am confused as to wether this guy has admitted he was the bomber or not?

I understand that the Turkish world for Hungry translated to Thai is the same as Guilty.

This will cause great confusion then they ask him to enter a plea in court Actually just take

him out in front of a firing squad now He showed no mercy for bombing innocents so why the heck should

we show him the courts Show him the end of a rifle

The suspect was asked whether or not he was guilty of the charge of co-possession of illegal explosives (gunpowder, not TNT or C-4). He allegedly answered "guilty."

What is the connection with the Shrine bombing? The police have identified a lot of people doing illegal activities but as yet have no confirmation that any of them are part of a conspiracy to bomb the Shrine.

If this guy and the other people are guilty, it shows that this bombing was the work

of many, and there may be more bombings to come in the future. Terrorists do not care where

they operate or who they kill. It would be a nice world if no one supported terrorist

groups, but that is not the way the world is.

I feel fortunate so far not to be in the place where some nut jobs decide to blow up other

people. I hope my luck keep up and I can enjoy my retirement for several more years.

It is unclear whether Yusufu’s confession will be usable in the court, as he has yet to receive legal representation.

So he was interrogated by the police in the absence of a lawyer?

I guess as soon as he gets a lawyer he will retract the confession. Sounds familiar to me.

That happens everywhere, there are many occasions when the lawyers of the accused are not present during questioning, nothing unusual.

He was interrogated by the army and wasn't allowed a lawyer. In a week of that, you would be admitting to being a Swiss cheese.

Terrorism is the most heinous crime I can imagine. It randomly targets innocent people.

I think the only law that might work to combat it, is to redirect the attack back on the terrorists families.

20 lives from the families of each of the terrorists should be forfeit. Wipe away blood lines. Terrorism is a disease and like any disease, its got to be stopped.

That way anyone who wants to protect their families must inform on anyone they suspect. And every terrorist action has an equal and obviously unjust punishment for the terrorists.

Rape, is the most heinous crime I can imagine.

Most terrorism, not all but most, is state sponsored, so we should stop paying taxes to governments that sponsor or endorse terrorism!

People need to wake up the world is at war with islam, it's kill or be killed, i'm talking to all those ps lefty libs out there.

It's not Islam, but a small minority of Islamic extremists who abuse their religion to their own convoluted beliefs and ends. Those extremists who preach bigotry, violence and murder in the name of their religion, are a pathetic delusional small group of men seeking power and dominance. Justified by their twisted take on the Islam faith.

So the illegal "guilty" admission is only for possession of explosives but NOT the bombing? Is that right.

And as people have pointed out, Thai legal authorities seem to be completely ignorant of legal procedures or feel they're just not suitable for this justice system. Another situation where the suspect is subjected to god-knows-what behind closed doors for week.

But what the heck am I talking about? The USA has the Patriot Act and Canada has joined them with bill C-51, both of which strip their citizens of their right to legal process. Let's face it, it doesn't matter where we live, if the powers that be want certain results, they'll get them.

I think his real image is very close to the identikit police picture,especially hair and he has confessed to making the bomb and supposedly taking it to give to the lellow shirted man.

His hair looks the same and facial profile similar.

Strange the people that could ID him have not been mentioned (taxi drivers)

Maybe the identikit pic is of Yusufu him self as he was ferried around that night, and they dont have a pic of the yellow shirt, or maybe he's both one and the same man.

If this guy and the other people are guilty, it shows that this bombing was the work

of many, and there may be more bombings to come in the future. Terrorists do not care where

they operate or who they kill. It would be a nice world if no one supported terrorist

groups, but that is not the way the world is.

I feel fortunate so far not to be in the place where some nut jobs decide to blow up other

people. I hope my luck keep up and I can enjoy my retirement for several more years.

It would be an even better world if no-one felt the need to become a terrorist because they were so powerless

and suffering from such persecution..

You would have made a great member of the Gestapo.

Become a terrorist to wipe THEM, the terrorists and ourselves, away.

:) people with some brain left can see the mind boggling effects of this morons statement.

So he confessed to holding illegal bomb material, but not for making the bomb that was set off if I read correctly. I also wonder what language they are using to communicate in as I don't see a reference to this, only to a reference that their is an interpreter.

Watching it on the news, he was asked in English.

He might not speak Thai.

Surprised you got so many likes for this hateful and backward post.

• 2 weeks later...

It is unclear whether Yusufu’s confession will be usable in the court, as he has yet to receive legal representation.

So he was interrogated by the police in the absence of a lawyer?

I guess as soon as he gets a lawyer he will retract the confession. Sounds familiar to me.

That happens everywhere, there are many occasions when the lawyers of the accused are not present during questioning, nothing unusual.

He was interrogated by the army and wasn't allowed a lawyer. In a week of that, you would be admitting to being a Swiss cheese.

But they still wouldn't believe him as his story would be full of holes.