Thai produce to be upgraded to global standards

webfact

I bought some sneakers in Sport World - they lasted a few km. of walking before they broke ... Never again, its cheaper to order online from Europe and have it send but of course the risk of never receiving it with Thaipost I guess ...

They dont have anything thats "Global Standard" ...

I bought a Thai recliner a little less than 2 years ago and its almost done shedding its vinyl skin. The kettle is shot as is the rice cooker the knob came off of the side. I hope they do not export this crap internationally

This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now? :([/quotet]

My Thai wife is reluctant sometimes to buy from stalls because she knows most "commercial" farms use excessive amounts of chemicals. Not what international buyers want.

Just wait for the next push on organic products. Funny thing, I can buy lots of fresh Thai products in europe. Non ever labelled organic..... And that goes for everything labelled organic in thailand.

It is a sham.

This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now? :([/quotet]

My Thai wife is reluctant sometimes to buy from stalls because she knows most "commercial" farms use excessive amounts of chemicals. Not what international buyers want.

Just wait for the next push on organic products. Funny thing, I can buy lots of fresh Thai products in europe. Non ever labelled organic..... And that goes for everything labelled organic in thailand.

It is a sham.

I would bet a lot of Thai "organic" products are grown with the same chemicals as everything else

Stay on a farm and you will get sales reps visiting every year selling some miracle products... And a lot of people buy them

AFAIK there is no spot checks by any fda style organisations to check if chemicals are being used or if they are, in safe amounts and under the restricted guidelines

There is a possibility that everything you eat contains some forms of impurity, whether it be fertiliser, vitamins, hormones, pesticides, insecticides , anti biotics, steroids, weight, genetically modified and god knows what else they can do thesedays ... In some country like Thailand it could be Monsanto x10...

This means that until now, the food in thailand has been substandard if it's going to be upgraded to "international" standard... So what standard were they exporting until now? sad.png[/quotet]

Any banned chemicals or pesticides in the west are probably still widely used here

Even hormones and antibiotics in dairy products allegedly off the charts

I've been told by a couple of Thai people I should not eat meals with chicken daily but I have no way to test and I like bbq or grilled chicken

Drinking milk is not recommended here either, the one with the blue label doesn't expire like farang milk... Must be something in it to make it last longer because 2 weeks past the expiry date it still hasn't turned

My neighbour's son had to loose weight so his mum fed him a lot of chicken.

Now he has bigger boobs then his mum. gigglem.gifgigglem.gif

I also bought 2 pairs of sneakers in Sportsworld, Nike and NB and both lasted 1 month before the soles came off.

And EVERYTHING which is made on/in my house by Thai pro's has problems. Even when they come back to repair it it's broken again within some weeks.wai2.gif

In the meantime they always damage something else.thumbsup.gif

Edited by Thian