Bangkok Bank Visa Card

If someone here can help me get a kbank debit card attached to a savings account with a visa logo attached to work for online specifically international flight purchases, i'm all ears.

What are you on about credibility? You think i'm making my experiences up? For what?

I never claimed I know everything or even anything about the nuances of banking in Thailand. I have done everything my bank reps have told me to do, guided me to do, and one time even did it for me at the atm at the branch themselves. Air asia online and app will not accept my card. Kayak...china air expedia vayama etc will not accept my card.

This isn'T about credibility man....i was just empathizing with th OP.

6 years here and i have given up on k bank as a viable credible reliable option. SG is where it'S at.

If you wish to book an international flight from Thailand try doing so through an airlines own website not a cheap flight consolidator which seems to be based in the USA!

I bank with BKK Bank and have never any problems and I know others who successfully use KBank.

Suspect the "problems" you claim to have experienced are self generated.

Glad the bank staff were kind enough to demonstrate how an ATM is used!

Glad the bank staff were kind enough to demonstrate how an ATM is used!

She was super sweet about it! Still couldn't buy my plane tickets after all the online authorization hoopla.

Like I said i tried to buy direct on a few sites.

but it's very interesting people are saying its the vendor not the bank. Isn't the vendor not accepting some dodgy card with the name preferred member written on it? Instructions are always write your name as it appears on the card.

I seriously actually wrote preferred member as my name once in vain after numerous failed attempts to complete a purchase.

And try filling in your address ha! Everyone i ask for my address gives me a totally different response from the condo to the bank....

Edited by fireplay

Everyone that has a Thai debit card that is saying it works online/air fare etc etc.

Does the card have your actual name on it or is it like Kbank with preferred member (or what ever it is)?.

Yes exactly...my name is not on the card. It says preferred member on it. They told me they only will put my name on it if it's a credit card...which isn't what we are talking about.

Everyone that has a Thai debit card that is saying it works online/air fare etc etc.

Does the card have your actual name on it or is it like Kbank with preferred member (or what ever it is)?.

Yes exactly...my name is not on the card. It says preferred member on it. They told me they only will put my name on it if it's a credit card...which isn't what we are talking about.

Yes I know we are not talking about credit cards.

My angle was are these cards that are not named. Are they the ones that have issues with using online/air fare purchases ?

KBank will do you up a debit card with your name on it. takes a few weeks and costs 500b (additional). I never bothered as i have a Kbank credit card.

Edited by Don Mega

KBank will do you up a debit card with your name on it. takes a few weeks and costs 500b (additional).

Mine took seven days and I only had to pay the actual cost of the card, no additional charge.

typical.

Which branch ?.... Mine is at Laem Chabang and they know I work and what my salary is so does not surprise me they tried to stooge me.

I've booked quite a few flights (international and domestic) with my Bangkok Bank Be 1st debit card with Air Asia, Bangkok Airways and Thai Airways. I've also used it in foreign ATM's, to make foreign purchases, and it is linked to PayPal. Although the airlines say that you must produce the card when boarding your flight, and I always carry it with me, I've never been asked to show it.

When I first got the card, I found it was refused on the internet and in shops, but a trip back to the bank revealed that they had failed to set it up correctly when issued, they had only set it up as an ATM card, and my daily limit had been set to 5,000 baht. They amended their records and it was ok.

I'm not saying that it hasn't been refused online, but, as stated above not all sites will accept debit cards even European or US issued ones.

And in a related note, Bangkok Bank easily issues Visa CREDIT cards to foreigners if you have a fixed deposit in the bank equal to your requested credit limit.

Got mine at Siam Paragon branch.

Btw, the OP seems to have disappeared biggrin.png
Already "got out of Thailand" even with this very solvable "BS?"

Edited by junkofdavid2

And in a related note, Bangkok Bank easily issues Visa CREDIT cards to foreigners if you have a fixed deposit in the bank equal to your requested credit limit.

Got mine at Siam Paragon branch.

Btw, the OP seems to have disappeared biggrin.png

Already "got out of Thailand" even with this very solvable "BS?"

And that deposit is locked for withdrawal until you cancel the card with any balance fully paid. And the deposit may also not be unlocked until approximately 30-45 days after card cancelation to ensure no late arriving charges come in.

Its a huge problem i totally agree what a freaking joke slapping some visa logo on there for what! Get a real bank account back home where a card debit , check, whatever, with a visa logo actually functions as it should...not just as some trendy logo slapped on a shit card that says preferred member for the name. I feel your pain. Gotta pay cash at a walk in travel agency.

Thats exactly what I did. My good ness, it is not a real debit card thats for sure. VISA function is not functional. The staff were completly incompetent.