Thai milk board ordered to investigate rotten school milk

webfact

Milk board ordered to investigate rotten milk

66-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperative Minister Gen Chatchai Sarikalya today ordered the Milk Board to investigate following pasteurised milk delivered to a school in Nan province was rotten and students were hospitalised after drinking it.

He instructed the board to find out the cause after it was reported that only the lot delivered to a school in Nan was rotten while other lots delivered to several provinces were not, although they were from same manufactured lots.

Gen Chatchai said the Milk Board, the veterinarian and the Dairy Farming Promotion Organisation of Thailand (DPO) must go out on field inspection to see what the cause was, how the milk was stored, and transported so as to prevent this from happening again in the future.

He said if the same incident happens in the future, then there must be the right person to take responsibility.

DPO deputy director Suchart Jariyalertsak, a member of the Milk Board, said initial investigation revealed only nine cartons of milk sent to the school in Nan had problem.

Improper storing and handling of the milk was a cause for the rotten milk.

He said during the school holiday period, children will get the milk delivered to their homes.

He said there are seven million students under the free milk scheme for drinking with the supply of 140 UHT million cartons.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/milk-board-ordered-to-investigate-rotten-milk

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-09-10

This is not the first time this has happened,and I suppose it wont be the last,

for UHT milk to go bad something is seriously wrong,before there were also

reports of milk supplied to schools that had been watered down,so I suppose

there's nothing that cannot be corrupted here.

regards Worgeordie

I've never heard of rotten milk, sour milk yes but not rotten.

A pasteurized or sterilized milk may rot before it gets sour....Basically it is fouling.

But I doubt it was the reason here, because you really can't drink it. I guess there were some harmful bacteria inside but it appeared to be OK.

Salmonella?

I guess the Thai are immune to Salmonella. It must be everywhere here seen the hygiene and watertemperature.

But i have never seen rotten milk and i drink milk all my life. Loads of it.

Chinese all buy European milkpowder these days, there's a huge black market in smuggling it into China. I was wondering when the Thai (rich Thai) start buying that as well. It costs 4-5 times more in China then in Europe. Milkpowder for baby's and enfants.

Funny is that Nestle even opened a milkpowder factory in China but they even don't trust that, it has to come from Europe or they won't feed it to their baby.

Well if anybody wants the real milkpowder from Europe then let me know. I also wouldn't feed my kid any milk or meat from Thailand. My son wouldn't need boobs haha.

why are they drinking milk anyway? Milk is already rotten, it's white because of the pus.

There is more calcium in a cup of broccoli than a cup of milk.

How do the largest animals on the planet with the largest bone structures, aka calcium deposits

get all that calcium? Oh yeah! green plants!!!

Drinking milk is stupid any way you look at it. Pushing lactose on a lactose intolerant society is stupid.

why are they drinking milk anyway? Milk is already rotten, it's white because of the pus.

How do the largest animals on the planet with the largest bone structures, aka calcium deposits

Drinking milk is stupid any way you look at it. Pushing lactose on a lactose intolerant society is stupid.

Lactose intolerant society? Never hear of such a thing. Much more people tolerant than intolerant.

The problem is like with everything, it has to be cheap!

We have a dairy plant here at the college that produces fresh milk (not UHT as it's get more expensive to produce and pack) for this "School milk". They pasteurize the milk and then pack it in bags (cheaper than box or bottle). The college gets about 3.50 for each bag of 200 ml that they send to the schools and the 3.50 has to cover for everything like buying the milk, electricity for the process and storage, transports to the schools, salaries and so on so less than 20 Baht/liter is not much compared to the 40+ that you pay in 7-11, Lotus or BigC.

Edited by Kasset Tak

"is already rotten... pus? Idiotic statements. Edited by jerojero

Where do you get your nutrition information from? You can't just make up facts and then they become true. Milk has several times the calcium of brocolli.
Whole milk:
Brocolli:
Milk is a super food, although there are certainly good reasons not to drink it, and to have it not be part of a food program.
I encourage you to check real data next time you want to impress someone with your made-up facts.

I have always wondered what the problem with dairy here is all about and now perhaps we have a glimpse at some issues. We should be making cheese all over the country, have good milk readily available, etc....All of the resources are here. Great cottage industry. No idea there was a "milk board". Why would such a thing even exist?

He said if the same incident happens in the future, then there must be the right person to take responsibility.

How about instead holding the responsible party or parties responsible THIS TIME, since this absolutely isn't the first time and certainly won't be the last time this kind of thing has happened with Thailand's school milk program?

I guess the Thai are immune to Salmonella. It must be everywhere here seen the hygiene and watertemperature.

Chinese all buy European milkpowder these days, there's a huge black market in smuggling it into China. I was wondering when the Thai (rich Thai) start buying that as well. It costs 4-5 times more in China then in Europe. Milkpowder for baby's and enfants.

Funny is that Nestle even opened a milkpowder factory in China but they even don't trust that, it has to come from Europe or they won't feed it to their baby.

Well if anybody wants the real milkpowder from Europe then let me know. I also wouldn't feed my kid any milk or meat from Thailand. My son wouldn't need boobs haha.

buy a bottle milk, open it let it stay in the warm...chances are good you get a terrible smell.

Beside Salmonella there are tons of other bacterial and all have very diverse "family members". If the milk is fat some can "hide" in the fat and enter guts easier.

buy a bottle milk, open it let it stay in the warm...chances are good you get a terrible smell.

Beside Salmonella there are tons of other bacterial and all have very diverse "family members". If the milk is fat some can "hide" in the fat and enter guts easier.

Yes then the milk will get sour but not rotten.

The reason Thai drink more milk now is because they want to become tall and strong like a farang.

A thai boy in our street drinks more then a litre every day. Plus yoghurt and cheese, they do all to look like me (is what they told me).

"Blue whales feed almost exclusively on krill" From Wikipedia.

yes there is always a bit pus in the milk....modern cows....but we pasteurize it so it isn't a problem to have microscopic small amounts of it inside.

On your vegetables you also have some excrement from insects. No problem with it.

I doubt that the kids are lactose intolerance and always sit with diarrhea in the class room. So I guess it isn't a problem.

If the Thai "milk board" includes Thai FDA, the kids are about to die soon, The Thai FDA is the most incompetent institution I ever had to deal with....

My company is ISF , ISO, HACCP and BRC certified ..... they don't even know what that is all about....

When you can get a kid to drink a cup of broccoli juice give me a call.

Thankssmile.png

Som-tam seems to scare away all stomach problems (for Thai's).

Most Thai's have a stomach like an ostrich. Rather omnivorous (worms/grasshoppers/stinky fish etc...)

I decided to play a joke on my daughter once & doused her ketchup with a liberal dose of Tabasco sauce when she had her head turned.......She was about 6 at the time. God bless her she loves potatoes as much as rice.

She scarfed up her french fries with the nuclear hot ketchup and said "Oooh Yummy Daddy!".

I could barely eat it, it was so hot.

She wanted more.

why would they drink milk at all? It brings only diarrhea.

I was in bed early one morning with the wife when the kid was about 2. She had her own bedroom.

I was wanting to get hanky-panky with the wife when the kid woke up, ran in & grabbed Mommy by one arm, yelling "Milk! Milk!"

I had her by the other arm yelling "Milk! Milk".