personal messenger still not working

sometimewoodworker

Hi

I still have the problem that personal messenger still not working for me it is now more than 6 months. will this bug be fixed any time soon??

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 314572800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 93 bytes) in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2780

a friendly link to his prior Forum Support request on the same unresolved topic:

PM system broken?

Started by sometimewoodworker, 2015-02-08 09:32

contains responses by both Maestro and sometimewoodworker

Thanks for adding that link.

I posted a new thread as nothing seemed to be done when posting to the first thread.

Just for admin information I have 18 messages (out of a limit of 500)

If I try the drop down personal messenger option I still get

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 314572800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 88 bytes) in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2780

If I try to access the folder My Conversations I get the same message

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 314572800 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 88 bytes) in /home/thaivcom/public_html/forum/admin/sources/base/ipsMember.php on line 2780

So I am unable to access any of the past 18 messages and unable to delete any.

This is clearly an issue on the server that has not been fixed

You might want to follow up with an email to support (at) thaivisa.com

The Support Forum is monitored, but not necessarily by anyone who would understand that error, it's cause, the appropriate correction, or the ramifications of any possible correction.

From a layman's standpoint it looks like they just need to allocate more memory to the overall task so the subroutine can allocate 88 - 93 bytes of memory to accomplish its task. But the system admin may be wondering why the overall task is exhausting 314,572,800 bytes of memory.

It also could be that much of the forum board's software is taken care of by a third-party service agreement, and an issue ticket has been logged but just not acted upon (for whatever reason).

A direct email might get you further along, especially finding out who's handling getting the issue resolved and if there's a timetable.