Overrun by house lizards

cloudhopper

You have to learn to live with them,they have their good and bad points,

good they eat mosquitoes,bad they can get into electrical equipment,had

one fried in the controls of washing machine,but still like them around,in

fact I have one that lives on my computer desk,usually stays under keyboard,

I feed it little bits of food,really likes cake.

No matter how well you think you have the house sealed they are still going to

get in,if they want,if you need to keep them out your electrical equipment,I use

the following methods, get some Thai tobacco (like shag),put in in small cloth

bags and hang near your equipment,another thing that works is Moth balls

put them in bags same as tobacco,downside they smell a bit,as I have already said,

try and live with them,they could save you from a nasty case of Dengue fever.

regards Worgeordie PS most local markets will sell the tobacco

You have to learn to live with them,they have their good and bad points,

good they eat mosquitoes,bad they can get into electrical equipment,had

one fried in the controls of washing machine,but still like them around,in

fact I have one that lives on my computer desk,usually stays under keyboard,

I feed it little bits of food,really likes cake.

No matter how well you think you have the house sealed they are still going to

get in,if they want,if you need to keep them out your electrical equipment,I use

the following methods, get some Thai tobacco (like shag),put in in small cloth

bags and hang near your equipment,another thing that works is Moth balls

put them in bags same as tobacco,downside they smell a bit,as I have already said,

try and live with them,they could save you from a nasty case of Dengue fever.

regards Worgeordie PS most local markets will sell the tobacco

Not dissimilar to The Birdman of Alcatraz, perhaps The Lizardman of Chiang Mai is appropriate biggrin.png

"Over run" bit of exaggeration, 6-10?, Like the guy in a Bangkok hotel,first time in

a tropical country,hes laying on the bed after just getting in ,off the plane, and a

gecko, house lizard, fell off the ceiling on to the bed,he jumps up in fear ,on the

phone to reception, "Theres a crocodile just jumped into my bed".

regards worgeordie

Reminds me of my neighbours in Australia, recently arrived from Scotland.

Mother steps outside and sees a blue tongue on the footpath.

Loud screams of "There's a dragon"!!

Poor thing is slow and loves to eat snails in the strawberry patch.

post-111567-0-85957700-1441972503_thumb.

We talking about the lizard or the mother?

We talking about the lizard or the mother?

Hi-speed Scot. Slow dragon

The problem is they leave shit all over the place.

And like to drop it in your open mouth as you sleep, mischievous devils they are.

You may have one pop out with your toast one day.

I lost an AC unit to one, couldn't get a replacement board.

I have proper sealing doors and windows, but obviously some are open all day and no screens, but I don't seem to have too many geckos nowadays.

House is sealed up at night.

Regular bug spraying, so perhaps there isn't much food for them.

I have many outside where the night lights are, and of course bugs are attracted.

Never heard of someone poisoning them. They do eat mosquitoes. Learn to live with them, it's not that bad.

Screw your computer equipment, nobody cares.

I actually saw a bottle of Jing Jok poison in Home Pro. Not that I was looking for it. I don't kill lizards, snakes or spiders as we are on the same team.

Rat and Cockroach traps (the glue board kind) seem to work as whenever I put them out I end up with more lizards than anything else.

I've drastically cut down on the number of cockroaches in the house though by using that spray "expanding foam" to block the various holes in the ceiling (around where pipes and electrical wiring come through). Plus, installing those "one-way" drains in the bathroom and by the drain next to the laundry machine.

I still get some lizards though. Not much for them to live so eventually when I go to move some piece of furniture or something I'll find a dried up little corpse now and then.

I notice the holes in the wall where the air-con pipes go through - got to plug those as well. The only other entry point then would be the front door. If it fits snuggly and is kept closed at nights (when the little buggars are most active) it should keep most of them out.

Personally I don't worry about them too much. Keep food covered. Wipe counter-tops before preparing food. Look up once in awhile to make sure the coast (or ceiling) is clear before pouring a drink. Haven't had any electrical issues (yet). Too bad they weren't actually a little more aggressive when it comes to eating insects (and too bad they aren't more "domesticated" so you could pick them up and put them where they need to be and train them) !

Rat and Cockroach traps (the glue board kind) seem to work as whenever I put them out I end up with more lizards than anything else.

I've drastically cut down on the number of cockroaches in the house though by using that spray "expanding foam" to block the various holes in the ceiling (around where pipes and electrical wiring come through). Plus, installing those "one-way" drains in the bathroom and by the drain next to the laundry machine.

I still get some lizards though. Not much for them to live so eventually when I go to move some piece of furniture or something I'll find a dried up little corpse now and then.

I notice the holes in the wall where the air-con pipes go through - got to plug those as well. The only other entry point then would be the front door. If it fits snuggly and is kept closed at nights (when the little buggars are most active) it should keep most of them out.

Personally I don't worry about them too much. Keep food covered. Wipe counter-tops before preparing food. Look up once in awhile to make sure the coast (or ceiling) is clear before pouring a drink. Haven't had any electrical issues (yet). Too bad they weren't actually a little more aggressive when it comes to eating insects (and too bad they aren't more "domesticated" so you could pick them up and put them where they need to be and train them) !

I second the use of roach traps, roach hotels. Place them under the fridge, where it is warm. Empty them frequently.

Use an energy saving light outside, white is better as it attracts bugs, preferably on a white wall. The geckos will spend the evening there feasting on the drop-ins.

Any inside are a bonus. Far better they eat the bugs than you or family get dengue fever. In the city here, no-one gives a durn. Old tyres left outside, pot plants with water in them, all breeding sites.