PM Prayut invokes Section 44 to resolve aviation safety problem

webfact

I was sure I read here on this forum that some Australian air safety people had been retained to help sort out the issues. What happened to them?

The ones in my proffesional circle weren't approached and in any event the Thai "government" would not be willing to pay the going rate to be told how much of a mess the system was in. maybe if they offered a reward leading to the arrest of the incompetants who make the decisions would help.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

My confidence would be boosted if it were announced that an international team was being mobilized to manage the air safety oversight situation, perhaps under a 2 year contract. It would be money well spent to avoid a down-rating. Unfortunately for the Thai officials, this would be an admission of the obvious. So bring in the Air Force...because they have planes.

I agree, that this would be the ideal solution. This problem is way too great to be solved by only Thailand!!

Do Thai Air Force officers have any particular expertise about the obligations of commercial/civil aviation and its international safety regulations?

And are they the same folks who can't seem to keep their helicopters and jets airborne without pretty regular mishaps, despite operating in a pretty low-stress environment?

Apparently they must. If you look at the key managers and some of the board members they are Air Force placements.

I suppose he can invoke all he wants but the fact is Thais are not up to the standard and need western training

Except and the US FBI should have been involved with the bombing you already would have had the actual bomber. The goose you have is not him his black skinn open eyes son

I'm not biased red nor yellow, but it looks like Papa Prayut might be right on this one.

Why is he right?... They were advised to employ foreigners to do these jobs as there aren't enough qualified Thais, so what have they done?... gone the cheap route that also doesn't lose face.... what will the results be?

So Section 44 is some kind of Magic wand like Harry Potter use ... gigglem.gif

When the ban from ICAO come in a few weeks its gonna be the end of THAI Airways or will they just open more routes to Asian countries before these countries ban them too and all for taxpayers money ...thumbsup.gif

I was sure I read here on this forum that some Australian air safety people had been retained to help sort out the issues. What happened to them?

They never came - Thailand didn't want/need them. Basically the same as the experts that ICAO sent here from Canada. They were never allowed to assist while they were here, so they went home. Of course they reported all this to ICAO, which I don't think occurred to Thailand DCA

The FAA (U.S.) gave them 65 days to address some significant concerns, back in July, so that deadline is fast approaching.

Hard to believe they can run an Army, let alone a country.

I think deep down you know what to think about that....

"and to be headed by the air force commander-in-chief." - probably the best - qualified person in Thailand... unfortunately.

what is the problem with thai air ways I have flown with them on numerous occasions never had any problems I think the caa are nit picking creating something from nothing.

I'll bet you drive often in Thailand also, or at least ride in taxis, buses or on motorsai. However, you are not dead yet, so Thai road and traffic conditions must be superb.

This is not just placing Air Traffic Control under the supervision of the Military. It's about getting sufficient qualified Civil Aviation Technical Staff with first class English skills to oversea the activities of Airlines using Thailand and issue the necessary operating certificates and it is hard to see how the Military can help in this regards as they themselves would not be qualified even to do ramp checks. The number of Inspectors probably need to be three times or more the 2014 level and you cannot just pick them off trees!

This is not just placing Air Traffic Control under the supervision of the Military. It's about getting sufficient qualified Civil Aviation Technical Staff with first class English skills to oversea the activities of Airlines using Thailand and issue the necessary operating certificates and it is hard to see how the Military can help in this regards as they themselves would not be qualified even to do ramp checks. The number of Inspectors probably need to be three times or more the 2014 level and you cannot just pick them off trees!

Worked for an airline for 30 years. You're absolutely correct. This is a potentially huge problem if they don't have the necessary personnel on hand. The air force personnel would likely not be licensed for the civilian aircraft.

The inspectors are going to have to come from offshore and even apart from them not being allowed to do their jobs there might well be other problems with licenses.

Worked for an airline for 30 years. You're absolutely correct. This is a potentially huge problem if they don't have the necessary personnel on hand. The air force personnel would likely not be licensed for the civilian aircraft.

The inspectors are going to have to come from offshore and even apart from them not being allowed to do their jobs there might well be other problems with licenses.

They'll probably 'forget' to issue the inspectors work permits, and then when they write up something negative, immigration will jail them and then just toss them out of the country. Lol

Section 44. Catch-22. Same, same but different!

Edited by connda

..I know many people in AOT...very well...

..it is a complete 'free-for-all'.....

..one of the people responsible for 'runway safety' ...'hates genius and logic'....and our lives are in her hands...

..when people are sure that they ..........will never get fired....will always get perverse annual bonuses....and can retire at age 50th with several million baht...

...and can come back as 'freelance' contractors....do you think they really give a d*mn about anything...

...tell me how you will fix that in a week or two....

I'm not biased red nor yellow, but it looks like Papa Prayut might be right on this one.

Yes, but giving an order, and actually doing something are two very different things.

They''ll prostrate themselves and beg for an extension. Again. Then if they get it, they'll go home and brag they're smarter than the stoopid falangs. Again.

Standard Thai operating Procedure - Advanced Topics in Strategy - Section 13: Winning Against Stupid Foreigners..

Sorry, but the U.S FAA will not extend them like some wimpy European countries!!!! October 25th last day for Thai to fly to America!! whistling.gif

Yes, but giving an order, and actually doing something are two very different things.

They''ll prostrate themselves and beg for an extension. Again. Then if they get it, they'll go home and brag they're smarter than the stoopid falangs. Again.

Standard Thai operating Procedure - Advanced Topics in Strategy - Section 13: Winning Against Stupid Foreigners..

Sorry, but the U.S FAA will not extend them like some wimpy European countries!!!! October 25th last day for Thai to fly to America!! whistling.gif

Seriously, I really do hope you're right. 'Twould be good to see.