Why no deck chairs on a wensday

juice777

Just curious as if any one knows why there are no deck chairs on the beach in Pattaya and jomtien beaches on a wensday,my only thinking is it to make the beach look nice for one day of the week, but it's hardly paradise with a busy road, jet sky's,shops working girls and rubbish

Live in Hua Hin and here in a 5 star Hotel Anantasila in Khao Takiab sunchairs on the beach is not allowed at any time since a while back.

Stupid as most guest at the hotel like to stay at the beach in a sunchair.

Horses in the beach is allowed!

Sunchairs dont put crap in the sun as the horses does!

They should let the beach chair vendors decide for themselves when they want to have a day off. This rule makes as much sense as the rule that you cant buy beer between 1 and 5.

Can't buy a beer between 1 and 5??

You need to get out of the 7/11's and go to a bar.

Edited by Mudcrab

According to my memory, it was not City Hall that decided on the new ruling- it was the new junta government that visited Pattaya one day and stated that Wednesdays would be no-chair-day and also spaced out the sections of the rusty chair-umbrella seating areas in order to allow people to sit on the beach. Interesting how the BIG government in BKK cannot control the jet-ski scam crime on the Beach promenade after midnight, or the new towering condo on government land but can flex their muscle on the little guy renting out beach chairs.

They should let the beach chair vendors decide for themselves when they want to have a day off. This rule makes as much sense as the rule that you cant buy beer between 1 and 5.

Can't buy a beer between 1 and 5??

You need to get out of the 7/11's and go to a bar.

Yes, I buy beer in the supermarket or 7 to put in the fridge in my condo when I am in Jomtien with my Thai wife. No hanging out in bars when you have a family, but I am happy with that. BTW, BKK has the same time restrictions for buying beer in supermarkets. I could never make any sense out of this.