Update on the CTEK 0.8Amp Charger.

menzies233

After my first posts about what seemed a bit negative about the CTEK 0.8 Amp Charger, well, I must eat my words.

The bike battery now goes from the first LED to the 80% Charge (3rd LED) after less than 30 seconds, and the bike cranks over really quickly.

Fitting the charger to my Toyota has also proved impressive, however it takes a lot more time to get the battery to the same condition but it is definitely helping.

If the Toyota sits for more than a week it cranks slower, and takes about 10-12 seconds to fire up (3.0L Diesel - 14 years old) If I use the CTEK it spins twice as fast and actually fires up in less than 3 seconds. and also, the time it takes to reach 80% charge has dramatically reduced from over 48 hours to less than 2 hours, however, the full charge on the CTEK, i.e. 100 % charge still takes near 48 hours to get from 80% to full. But keep in mind this thing just puts out 0.8 Amperes.

All in all, happy with it, but probably need to shell out another $100 for the 5 Amp. version to look after the car. As far as the 0.8A charger / Tender goes, great for a bike. I think mine sucks a bit of life from the battery as it has dipped beam running all the time and they are 55W/60W Nightbreakers Unlimited, not the factory 35W/35W that came with the bike.