Sending Meds by Post in Thailand

gerryBScot

Just want to check that there is no law prohibiting the use of the postal service for sending medicines. I'm thinking of asking a pharmacy in BKK to send me meds up country in order to benefit from much cheaper prices even with the addition of EMS and packing. Just want to ensure I do not fall foul of the law. Many thanks

I do it about three to four times a year from my pharmacist in BKK to Chiang Mai for the very same reason you want to try it. I have done this for about three years now and there has never been a problem.

Thank you could you given me the name of your pharmacy as the ones I have tried so far don't want to ship. Many thanks

I use SC Pharmacy in Bangkok, e mail your requirements and they will give you a quote, if your happy place your order, pay by bank transfer and your meds are sent EMS, normally arrive next day, charge is 100 baht, I order three months supplies at a time which cuts down on the charges. E mail S.C. [email protected] or phone 022-330-223

Edited by JohnC

half of my mail sadly never arrives when it comes outside thailand

mostly birthday cards for my kids , myself, wife ...

some postman must assume it contains money

If sent registered everything comes.

Not registered....not

You can tho. Technicslly not legal to import meds without a special license. So keep the quantities small. No legal issue for mailing within the country.

So true! And each Customs house seems to have it's own rules/level of corruption. One Customs House charged me 30% import tax for a $500 package and told me, "no more without proof of import license". Another one wanted 8000 baht for a $500 package. when I told him, "forget it, return to sender", he dropped the price to 4000 baht and said that next time I would need a signed statement from my doctor stating the need for the meds. They seem to treat non-perscription suppliments the same as meds. crazy.gifcoffee1.gif