Help with visa run

Hi all I would like a little advice if possible!

I have just gotten married last week I don't have a non immigration visa or married visa as I don't have the 400000 baht to get the visa. After we got married we went to the local immigration office to get my passport stamped as my tourist visa was about to run out it was due to run out on the 15th of September. As I had just gotten married the office stamped my passport and gave me an extension to stay until the 14th of November. So I must leave the country before this date!

But now I have been hearing the news of a big crackdown on visa runs. The thing I would like to know if possible will I be allowed to re enter thailand and how long must I stay out of thailand before I can return? And will I get another 60days once I return. I also have a permanent place of residence with the wife so I'm registered as living with her. Sorry guys all this news of a crack down as got me confused as hell as all of these visas are a mystery to me. Ho one last question if possible I guessing that I don't need to report every 90 days as thy only give a 60 day stamp and I must leave thailand before the 90 days?

Below is the stamp I got at the immigration office. And the receipt of notification of resistance

post-208547-14422876433048_thumb.jpg

post-208547-14422879079947_thumb.jpg

I would like to say thank you in advance to all who comment visas confuse the hell out of me and I'm a little concerned with this new crackdown

Thanks Karl

In my view your best option would be to go to the Thai Consulate in Savanakhet Laos and apply for a Multi Entry Non Imm O Visa

No money in the bank needed and a fee of 5,000 Baht.

This would give you unlimited entries of up to 90 days each one.

This would allow you to stay for up to 15 months total.

• Like 2

question, would nt he being required to forfit 400k proof in order to obtain non o multiple entry ?????

wbr

roobaa01

Not in Savanakhet.

It is one of the last bastions of hope in surrounding areas for people who can't make the 400,000. No proof required.

• Like 1

if you have had 60 days on a tourist visa and then another 60 day extension then you would have been in the country 120 days in total, so a 90 day report in theory should be required, around the 14th October.

dont need to do 90 day report i make non o and extension all time

if you have had 60 days on a tourist visa and then another 60 day extension then you would have been in the country 120 days in total, so a 90 day report in theory should be required, around the 14th October.

The 60 day extension counts as a 90 day day report (same as any first extension).

• Like 1

Thanks a lot guys you have given me food for thought brilliant I will also do a 90 day report just to be on the safe side!!!! I don't fancy peeing off immigration. Thanks again for all of your replies! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

• Like 1

Since he got married to a thai, can't he after the initial 90 days, exit and return on 1 year multiple entry visa to be renewed only in a 1 year basis?

I think his total stay will be 120 days from his 60 day tourist visa entry and 60 day extension. He can stay until November 14th according to his extension stamp.

He can go to Savannakhet and get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

• Like 1

To the OP and anyone else concerned. I just returned from Savannaket today 15-09-2015. Applied yesterday 14-09-2015 and received today Non-O based on marriage, one year multiple entry. While the required documents are less than other Thai Embassies or Consulates I did include proof of funds. I found out today that at least one applicant was turned away because he had no proof of funds and/or no employer in Thailand. Not sure what visa he was applying for but can only assume if was some type of Non-O..?? He was not married to the Thai lady that accompanied him. My wife and I met and talked to them on the Friendship Bridge while waiting for Visa on Arrival yesterday. I only know this because the wife was talking to other Thai ladies while waiting to access the Consulate grounds today. Apparently he had also been turned away for same reason in Vientiane. Maybe the Consulate at Savannaket had been notified?? Can not say. My advise, for what it is worth, is to always be prepared. One never knows what docs will be ask for. One can look at this as heresay. But everyone else I spoke with yesterday was back today to pick up their docs. After the wife mentioned he had been turned away and looking around I did not see the gentleman I speak of.

For those interested the docs I included with application; signed copy of my photo/info page of passport,signed copy of wife's photo/info page of passport, signed copy of wife's Thai ID, Copy of marriage cert signed by both, copy of certified copy marriage cert w/translation, copy of house book signed by wife, copy of bank letter stating amount of funds, copy of bank book. Consulate officer only ask to see copy of original marriage cert and he did not pass any docs back.

An option if you don't wish to trek up to Laos just yet it a 90-day non-o from Kota Bahru which is east coast Malaysia. In theory you could extend this for a further 60 days for 1900b at Nakhon si Thamarat immigration.

It may be of some help as your in the south.

• Like 1

To the OP and anyone else concerned. I just returned from Savannaket today 15-09-2015. Applied yesterday 14-09-2015 and received today Non-O based on marriage, one year multiple entry. While the required documents are less than other Thai Embassies or Consulates I did include proof of funds. I found out today that at least one applicant was turned away because he had no proof of funds and/or no employer in Thailand. Not sure what visa he was applying for but can only assume if was some type of Non-O..?? He was not married to the Thai lady that accompanied him. My wife and I met and talked to them on the Friendship Bridge while waiting for Visa on Arrival yesterday. I only know this because the wife was talking to other Thai ladies while waiting to access the Consulate grounds today. Apparently he had also been turned away for same reason in Vientiane. Maybe the Consulate at Savannaket had been notified?? Can not say. My advise, for what it is worth, is to always be prepared. One never knows what docs will be ask for. One can look at this as heresay. But everyone else I spoke with yesterday was back today to pick up their docs. After the wife mentioned he had been turned away and looking around I did not see the gentleman I speak of.

For those interested the docs I included with application; signed copy of my photo/info page of passport,signed copy of wife's photo/info page of passport, signed copy of wife's Thai ID, Copy of marriage cert signed by both, copy of certified copy marriage cert w/translation, copy of house book signed by wife, copy of bank letter stating amount of funds, copy of bank book. Consulate officer only ask to see copy of original marriage cert and he did not pass any docs back.

If he was not married or did not have a Thai child he did not qualify for a non-o visa of any kind unless he was 50 or over (single entry only with financial proof)..

Financial proof is not needed in Savannakhet. In my opinion you should never show more than is asked for.

• Like 1

Since he got married to a thai, can't he after the initial 90 days, exit and return on 1 year multiple entry visa to be renewed only in a 1 year basis?

Yes he does qualify for a Non OA visa, multiple entry, valid for 1 year, each entry gets a 1 year stamp

But they are usually only issued in the home country or country of residence, they have requirements for a police report, medical, and usually financial proof as well.

Local visa run countries do not issue them to visitors.

Depending on your nationality, you may be able to just go to your embassy and get an affidavit of income as proff of funds. Then you should be able to just go to your local immigration office and have your current visa changed to a Non-O based on marriage. No run required. Have the wife call them and ask.

This non o visa does not allow us to work right? I think they should change this rule.

You can get a work permit and work with a non-o visa or an extensions of stay based upon marriage.

Income from working can be used to meet the 40k baht income for an extension also.

To get the work permit the 2 million baht registered capital is lowered to 1 million if married to a Thai.

I am in Savannakhet now and submitted my document this morning for a non-o based on visiting Thai wife, no problems all done very quick. No proof of funds required. There was quite queue, I got there at 8.18 and was about 20th in the queue, but all done by 9.15, back at hotel now having an early beer lao.

Just wondering if one was over 50 and applied for a retirement visa in savanakhet do they require proof of 800,000 baht in bank or is that only for visa based on marriage

You would have to show financial proof to get a single entry non-o visa for being 50 or over. But Savannakhet normally will not do one. They often ask for a letter from your embassy confirming you are retired and etc.

Vientiane will do the single entry non-o with proof of 800k baht in the bank or an income letter showing 65k baht income for a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

Phuket Mike

What papers did you take with you can you give me a list of what thy wanted

Cheers buddy

Copy of wife's ID card signed and dated by her

Copy of wife's house book (tabien baan) signed and dated by her

I don't have the original marriage paper (wife lost it) so went to the local amphur and got a print out, which I believe is what is been referred to in the other post as a KR2, anyway easy to get from any amphur. A copy of that plus the original.

Copy of my passport main page

Application form.

He did ask for copies of my childrens birth certicates which I also had.

2 Photos

That was it, he took about a minute to look at everything asked for 5k and gave me a ticket to come back the next day for collection.

Good luck

I think his total stay will be 120 days from his 60 day tourist visa entry and 60 day extension. He can stay until November 14th according to his extension stamp.

He can go to Savannakhet and get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

Hi,

do you need Thailand paper proof of marriage???