New Kawasaki Versys 250

BBJ

Sold in countries that the Z250 isn't?

Isn't the z250 becoming the z300 soon anyway? (using the ninja engine)

Seems strange. There's already about 657 different bikes available in Thailand in the 200-300cc range, so hey, why not!

That's the weird thing, the 2-cylinder z250 has already been replaced by the z300. There's also the z250 single available, but this is on quite a few news sites and they're saying it's going to be a twin. Do they still do the z250 twin in other markets? Maybe for tax reasons? I like the idea of a small capacity adventure bike, but I'm just wondering why not 300cc?

It looks to have twin down pipes . Maybe twin 250 for licience / tax laws in some countries . Only thing close to this , so far , is the Ryuka ( spelling ?) RX 3 , that comes with panniers and top box . More practical than a KLX , for long distance touring .

It looks to have twin down pipes . Maybe twin 250 for licience / tax laws in some countries . Only thing close to this , so far , is the Ryuka ( spelling ?) RX 3 , that comes with panniers and top box . More practical than a KLX , for long distance touring .

more practical? until it brakes down in the middle of nowhere and suitcase sized panniers can only get documents and a banana maybe. and suitcases dont help in terms of a breakdown.

only a stupid person pays 120 k thb for such a fake bike like ryuka/generic rx3.

please do not derail the thread with s...ty chinese bikes.

Edited by maykilceksin

^ My mate's Versys engine exploded in Chiang Mai.

Not many KM's on it. T'was a mighty big whole in the front of it with the piston sticking out. Think he did a thread on it on some of these forums.

Is that on topic, it being a Versys?

Well, with the amount sold the odds are one will fail somewhere down the line. Wonder what the ratio for a BMW GS800 apparently built for a bit of rough stuff is, in comparison to the Versys apparently not built for it. A few Thai riders might have plenty to say about that!

^ My mate's Versys engine exploded in Chiang Mai.

Not many KM's on it. T'was a mighty big whole in the front of it with the piston sticking out. Think he did a thread on it on some of these forums.

Is that on topic, it being a Versys?

Well, with the amount sold the odds are one will fail somewhere down the line. Wonder what the ratio for a BMW GS800 apparently built for a bit of rough stuff is, in comparison to the Versys apparently not built for it. A few Thai riders might have plenty to say about that!

Agreed, one unit out of perhaps 5000-10.000 might be faulty.

If it's the same person we are talking about, Kawasaki gave him a new engine for free.

I am in the UK & US Versys forums and not one story of dramatic break-downs as that one. One has done 120k miles and never opened it up.

Yep, I stay far away from BMW motorbike here in Thailand as possible, expensive and not many proper BMW bike dealers around, if any?

OK back to the little cute V250, well not for me but with a bit modification perhaps well suited for a Myanmar trip?