tire deflating every day

Thian

I have tubeless tires on my motorbike but since a month they both deflate every day. I get tired of pumping them and want it to be fixed.

Also i have a tire sealant inside, forgot the brand but it was from the UK. It's a liquid in a plastic bottle which you have to squeeze in.

But when i go to the fuelstation to pump my tires i use the one for cars since it has a metre and i need exactly 25 psi, then they drive great. Every day 5 psi disappears.

To use the pump for cars i have to bend my valvestem a little or i can't connect the pumphose to the valve. Is it possible that the valvestem is damaged by that?

I put my wheel in a big bowl of water for 30 min but didn't see any airbubbles at all.

So how can the air disappear? Can it go through aluminium rims? But also then i should see airbubbles.

The bike is 2 years old now and so are the tires, they still have plenty of profile left, only drove 10.000 km with them.

Can anybody advice me what to do?

Do you think you could be loosing the 5 PSI when you remove the the car hose adapter from the valve . Only takes a little "hiss" to loose 5 PSI . When do you "re-check" the pressures , at home the next morning ? . If so there could be a different reading between your gauge , and the garages . The pressure will also have reduced as the tire has cooled down , after the ride , and cooled overnight . You could try "bolt - in" valves , but the adapter may not fit .

Well it is cooler now in BKK so maybe it's the temperature change....but then you guys also should have it so that's why i ask.

It's weird that it's on both tires and yes i also thought maybe somebody deflates them at night but the security is my friend and we have closed gates and camera's all around the house. I don't think somebody deflates them every night but you never know.

When i pump them to 25 and 29 psi the bike drives great but next day it drives like crap again.I can feel it when they get softer, steering gets harder.

Is it possible to buy valvestems who have a 90 degree corner? Then it would be easyier to connect the hose-adapter and i don't have to bend it.

Or maybe i should buy my own pump but first have to fix these leaks.

I don't want to have innertubes and also don't want any problem with my biketires at all or i will just buy new ones.

Do you guys change tires here by date or by worn out? I just want to have 100% safe tires, traffic is dangerous enough here.

Tires do degrade over time . Some say replace every 5 years . Tires on some "new" bikes , may be 2 or 3 years old . 90* bolt-in valves are available , try "modified car" shops . Buy your own pump , check in the morning , with a digital gauge . The tire sealant is good , but messy come tire change . If it was green it may be "Slime" , if pink , it may be "Gloop" .

Tires do degrade over time . Some say replace every 5 years . Tires on some "new" bikes , may be 2 or 3 years old . 90* bolt-in valves are available , try "modified car" shops . Buy your own pump , check in the morning , with a digital gauge . The tire sealant is good , but messy come tire change . If it was green it may be "Slime" , if pink , it may be "Gloop" .

That's what i 'll do, new 90 degree valves.

I don't need a gauge actually i can perfectly feel it if the tirepressure is not right. Better have a good electric pump with a gauge but where to buy it? My wife has one from Toyota, maybe i'll take hers.

But if the sealant is good then how can my tires loose air? I didn't have Slime but another brand iirc. Also i wonder that if the tires are too hard and the pump at the fuelstation deflates them for me then will the sealant not jam in the valve or come out?

I let them change my innervalve today but nothing came out, i still don't understand how that sealantstuff works. Can it only come out at the side of the tire when there's a leak? Does that sealant stay liquid inside the tire or will it dry up and still work?

i've found that in thailand even good quality tyres after 2 years seem to degrade in the sun (small cracks). could be that the tyres have got a bit hard and driving on the tyres with low pressure may have cracked the tyre beading. Though, it is weird you don't see any air leak when immersed in water

The reason i bought this bike is for the tubeless tires only! And they were great for 2 years, no problem at all. With my previous bike i had 10 punctures in 3 years.

I submerged the frontwheel in a huge cement-mixingbowl with water and a little dishwashing soap. Guess i need more soap or the tire only leeks when i drive.

On another forum i read that it's possible for the valvestems to leek ONLY when driving. Centrifugal force had to do with that. I drive 100km/hr max. in BKK so maybe that's possible.

I will try new valvestems (90 degree ones) and see what happens, if i still have the problem i 'll order Michelin Citygrips.

But how can the drivers of the Honda Zoomers pump them at the fuelstation? They have very small wheels and the pumps for motobikes don't have a pressuregauge.

Well the Honda dealer also don't even have a pressure-gauge so i guess that's the answer. They just pump it as hard as a cannonball and wish you good luck with it.

The reason i bought this bike is for the tubeless tires only! And they were great for 2 years, no problem at all. With my previous bike i had 10 punctures in 3 years.

I submerged the frontwheel in a huge cement-mixingbowl with water and a little dishwashing soap. Guess i need more soap or the tire only leeks when i drive.

On another forum i read that it's possible for the valvestems to leek ONLY when driving. Centrifugal force had to do with that. I drive 100km/hr max. in BKK so maybe that's possible.

I will try new valvestems (90 degree ones) and see what happens, if i still have the problem i 'll order Michelin Citygrips.

But how can the drivers of the Honda Zoomers pump them at the fuelstation? They have very small wheels and the pumps for motobikes don't have a pressuregauge.

Well the Honda dealer also don't even have a pressure-gauge so i guess that's the answer. They just pump it as hard as a cannonball and wish you good luck with it.

You used to be able to get 90° screw on adapters for inflating bike tyres. Try putting 40-50 psi in the tyres and doing your leak test again. Digital tyre pressure gauge costs about 200 baht in Tesco, very useful.

I let them change my innervalve today but nothing came out, i still don't understand how that sealantstuff works. Can it only come out at the side of the tire when there's a leak? Does that sealant stay liquid inside the tire or will it dry up and still work?

Humm

Are 90 degree valve extensions available? http://bfy.tw/1oUx

How long should a standard application of sealant last?

A: Depending on temps and humidity, ride time and geography, you should get one to three months for tubeless set ups, and up to six months in a tube.

Hot weather will reduce the time a lot.

http://tinyurl.com/orw4o8q

Maybe some friends playing an old practical joke on you ? I remember a

buyer of a VW, new to the US bragging about superior gas mileage when actually his buddies, every night, added some gas so he, seemingly used almost NO gas but then, a month later, reversed the process and he had to fill up

EVERY DAY !

I don't need a gauge actually i can perfectly feel it if the tirepressure is not right. Better have a good electric pump with a gauge but where to buy it? My wife has one from Toyota, maybe i'll take hers.

But if the sealant is good then how can my tires loose air? I didn't have Slime but another brand iirc. Also i wonder that if the tires are too hard and the pump at the fuelstation deflates them for me then will the sealant not jam in the valve or come out?

I'm not a hundred percent sure about the sealer you're talking about, but I had the same kind of problem years ago that you're saying and tried something like it. From what I remember it's really only meant to be temporary. It really screwed up the balance, had to get new tires anyway and was a hell of a mess to clean up the rim inside Like glue all over.

Edited by silent

I don't need a gauge actually i can perfectly feel it if the tire pressure is not right. ok then beats why you seek advise in the first place