Storm

MZurf

This storm is from the North . So while there was not much of a South West monsoon ( summer months )

This North East monsoon season is starting with a vengeance

A bit early for the NE monsoon. This rain is the remnants of the tropical storm that landed in central Vietnam a couple or three days ago and dumped its guts on Laos and the northeast.

I've been wondering about the intersection of Jomtien Second Road and Soi 5 since they installed the drainage channels across Second Road the past couple weeks. Has that finally eliminated the flooding at that area every time it rains? These past several nights with decent rainfalls should have been a good test.

I was through there two days ago (after the first night of rain) and there appeared to be no residual pools or piles of sand/silt, so hope they finally did it right.

I've been wondering about the intersection of Jomtien Second Road and Soi 5 since they installed the drainage channels across Second Road the past couple weeks. Has that finally eliminated the flooding at that area every time it rains? These past several nights with decent rainfalls should have been a good test.

I was through there two days ago (after the first night of rain) and there appeared to be no residual pools or piles of sand/silt, so hope they finally did it right.

It was OK today before the lunch, seems it's working. Not sure how it looks right now.

Steady rain beginning here in Jomtien late in the afternoon.

Heavy rain now, thunder and lightning, lost satellite reception. No power outage so far. This will be a test of the new erosion control design by the new beach reconstruction as the new walkway is almost underwater. Edited by ThaiBob

Is that type of storm normal in Pattaya this time of year, the severity of it?

Not so unusual.

Currently looking down from the hotel room to Soi Buakhao/Soi 15 (leading to Villa market): all deep underwater.

Scooters still fight trough.

Hotel WiFi offline.

Using mobile internet (AIS).

Looks like a quite evening in the room bah.gif

Downpour is just slowing down a bit, thunderstorm is moving away:

post-99794-0-07743200-1442404728_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

It's surprising sometimes how localized these storms can be, but from KhunBENQ's post this afternoon's seems citywide. Here in Jomtien, it's now a gentle rain, but for two hours was a drenching shower with about a half-hour of lots of nearby lightning, strong winds and heavier rain.

Am curious if these few days have had any effect to Lake Mabrachan's water level. And, indeed, wondering about erosion of the beach at the newly decorated section from the Dongtan police box down towards Soi 5.

Report: Soi Buakhao flooded last night, nearly all shops doing a clean up. The Butchers arms door open, chairs stacked up and cleaning up flooding. A lot of ATM's down so went to Central to do withdrawal. Saw electricity box blow up in soi honey. Motorcycles parked on high ground. Cleanup was going on but now rain is heavy again and the flooding may re occur. Worst I've seen in 10 years. These shop keepers are going to be busy cleaning up the shops and stuff. 7/11 near soi 14 Pattaya Klang closed due to flooding.. Bar near soi Nam Kang still 1 foot under water and I was warned by 7/11 staff not to step in the water, may have been live/power problems. Bought food for the room, not going out again, raining heavy again.

• 2 weeks later...