second retirement extension for me and wife

camsouth

hello all ,

well my wife and i are coming up on our second retirement extension. i know this may not be the place to post this . i could not find where to post .

so what i need to know is

what i need to get my second one ? i have a letter from the us embassy from last year stating income . nothing has changed ,so do i need a new one ?

2 do i need a bank letter as well? have had account at bbk over a year. i do make well over the 65B needed . live in same condo ect wife is my dependent. as she is under 50. have letter from embassy from last year stating marriage certificate . so what else do i need . and has any of the rules changed.

as i have read the new prom immigration office looks bad as they only take 20 a day can i get the extension at any office ? in country. or just here in cm ? any help would be great

thanks again

gary

Edited by camsouth

The USA financial affidavit needs to be less than 6 months old. If that affidavit is correct, no bank letter needed.

I have no idea on the wife's situation. Is she a USA passport holder and under 50 yrs?

And if you can promptly rise from your slumbers and get to Prom by 6 am, should be no problem getting home by 3 pm, retirement paperwork complete, assuming you live within 50 km of Prom.

If this is your first extension all you will need is a copy of the original as well as of your passport. I did mine today and showed them the copy from my last two plus a copy of the original. I had to get a new passport two years ago. Not sure but mine I had a copy of the card they give you when you enter the country. I had the same one for five years. Just recently got back so I have a new one and I gave them a copy of that also. As far as needed not much more. How ever it has been known to happen that they ask for proof of residence. I never was but I always had a copy of my rental agreement with me.

the confirmation from the U S consulate cost me 1,800 baht. It was just a simple form. If you use the bank be darn sure that your letter from the bank and your bank book are identical. They have been known to make people go to the bank to match them up.

One other thing I have heard but not experienced was that some people were asked for a copy of every page in their passport. I was never asked for any thing but the original and the extensions.

If you are filing married I have no idea what that would involve.

If you have more than 800,000THB in your bank account for more than three months you could use that instead of getting proof of income.

If the embassy certified your marriage certificate you should be able to use that letter each time you renew. Make sure you keep the original and provide a copy of that and the marriage certificate as your wife is dependent.

We always copy every used page in passports as you simply never know.

All the needed forms are freely available at the Prom intake desk. If you have the passport in hand, the financial info under control, then Immig will tell you what forms to fill, what pages to copy, etc. Also might be wise to bring photos, i am not sure copy shop makes photos.

Your wifey situation is beyond my knowledge. Yes, bring cash.