Registering Phones - I get the real reason now

thhMan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty simple really.

if you don't know the number don't answer.

your expecting a call from a number you don't know to tell you that you have won lotto maybe?

I just add all spam calls as contacts named "spam 1,2,3 etc". After not answering them for a while they all stopped. Makes it easy to hide a gik's number too if you are so inclined.

When I get unsolicited calls trying to sell me something, I try to keep them on the line for as long as possible. Ask a lot of stupid questions, and pretend you don't understand the answers. Eventually, they get pissed and hang up. They don't call back. Works 90% of the time.

Phone has been registered for years no problems.

It might be worth listing numbers you or use on a regular basis on your phones ''white list.'' All call on that that list get through.

Any other call numbers not included are then ''blacklisted and are not relayed on to you for you to answer.

pretty simple really.

if you don't know the number don't answer.

your expecting a call from a number you don't know to tell you that you have won lotto maybe?

I just add all spam calls as contacts named "spam 1,2,3 etc". After not answering them for a while they all stopped. Makes it easy to hide a gik's number too if you are so inclined.

My gik name is in the phone register under "unknown number"

Quite funny if your wife asks who you were calling with...

Strange, I don't get these calls.

Any other possibility where someone got your number in relation to some financial details?

I don't get them either.

I've had the same phone number here for the past 7 years.

It's fully registered with AIS.

Let the poorest thai you know register your number

worked for me

That's sh*t man - so when you commit a crime with your phone - you expect this poor Thai to take the rap?

I might add that you commit a crime every time you make a call by using a sim card register in another's name. How many crimes so far today? You'd better watch out bro.

Nope it is not a crime... only if you commit a crime its considered to be a crime,

Card,... you'r funny coffee1.gif

Phone has been registered for years no problems.

It might be worth listing numbers you or use on a regular basis on your phones ''white list.'' All call on that that list get through.

Any other call numbers not included are then ''blacklisted and are not relayed on to you for you to answer.

Better check if your phone is indeed registered as required now...

what was the code again ? *151# ?

If registered you'll receive a sms with a part of the id number of the person registered with that number and where it has been registered.

not sure if this only apply's for pre paid numbers or also for post paid...

Edited by kovaltech

I'm on a postpaid subscription with Dtac , so my name been in the database for 5 years. Neverr had anyne calling me who knows my name and try to sell something . So I think you're just unlucky, maybe someone else got your number and put it in a database.

People always tell me to move when I complain about noise, so I will tell you, change your phone number.smile.png Sorry couldn't help it.

well, since he would have to register his new number, he may be able to add some light to his theory that the sim registration caused the phone calls

And registered phones can't be used for that purpose?

Very clever. Of course they can, this just makes it that little bit more difficult, you can find the registered owner of the phone. Why this hysteria about having your phone registered, why do you want to hide your ID?

Hmmm, I never get texts or sales calls. I registered my DTAC number quite some time ago...perhaps 6 months ago.

I wonder if this is happening to folks across all phone companies or for numbers registered close to the deadline???

Would be interesting to hear if the OP is with DTAC or True or...????

Thanks.

Try this for unwanted SMS. Dial *137, as soon as you are connected (instructions begin in Thai), press "2." Then follow the English instructions. I think this works for all carriers, but it definitely works for True Move. I don't know if it will work for voice calls (though automated calls in Thai seemed to have evaporated), but it certainly rid me of unwanted spam SMS, and/or questionable 'subscriptions' (such as SMS news updates from 'TV Pool' that charge per SMS, which in my case were unsolicited.) There were, if memory serves, two options. I called twice, and took advantage of each. Haven't received an unwanted/unsolicited SMS, and nary a call since.

Non registered phones are the phones of choice for terrorists, they can also be used to trigger bombs. Grow up.

Why wouldn't a terrorists get some Somchai to register the sim, why wouldn't the terrorists get a fake ID to take down to the AIS office to register his sim, why wouldn't a Terrorist get a person down on his luck to register the sim?

Non registered phones are the phones of choice for terrorists, they can also be used to trigger bombs. Grow up.

Why wouldn't a terrorists get some Somchai to register the sim, why wouldn't the terrorists get a fake ID to take down to the AIS office to register his sim, why wouldn't a Terrorist get a person down on his luck to register the sim?

I can see you are on your way to being a great terrorist. Get Somchai, get the terrorist, right?