Pattaya declared disaster zone

webfact

Very few places in the world would have the infrastructure to cope with rain like that came down the other night, you see flooding stories from all over the place weekly on the news, look at central Europe a few years ago

Its how quickly it drains away that shows how good the infrastructure is, and Pattaya its usually all gone the next day

http://floodlist.com/

5555 , Pattaya been a disaster zone since the 90's.

Got news for you buddy, This was happening in the late 80's also, again mainly due to improper zoning and inability to upgrade drainage and roads for increased traffic/Use, I even remember almost crashing into a huge hole way back in 1984 due to a road giving way after a huge storm passed through.

Indeed, Seismic, flooding in 1984 was worse than this time around.

Been declared as a disaster zone, even though -

"Situation has returned to normal after floodwater has receded in most parts of the city"

"The declaration of public disaster zone will enable Pattaya city administration to make use of emergency budget to help affected residents and to maintain roads and other public utilities damaged by floods."

Aaaah - it all makes sense now.....

Quote "Situation has returned to normal after floodwater has receded in most parts of the city" unquote. This really means keep the tourists coming we are open for business as usual. Disregard all prior warnings. Yes that asphalt coating does look awfully thin. The road behind our condo is no better. The thin top veneer of cement has worn off exposing the wire and large stones that were put in as filler in the cement. Large stones cheaper than sand and cement. Makes one wonder about all construction in this country. I am a renter not a buyer.

Edited by elgordo38

Very few places in the world would have the infrastructure to cope with rain like that came down the other night, you see flooding stories from all over the place weekly on the news, look at central Europe a few years ago

Its how quickly it drains away that shows how good the infrastructure is, and Pattaya its usually all gone the next day

http://floodlist.com/

Its been a problem for years.

But they do nothing each year to prevent it being a major problem like this time, money and time is spent on stupid stuff like trees in the middle of the road on second road Jomtien , instead of cleaning drains and cannels and storm drains, around town months before the rainy season comes.

People have damaged homes, business, cars, bikes, luckily no one was killed, next year will be the same if we have a storm like this one, or even worse.

How can beach road flood, year after year, it next to the sea for gods sake.

I have only seen 20 years of this , but sure its been going on longer.

unbelievable City Hall Nincompoops.

Its been called a disaster zone now, that just let them of the hook.

nice one, side steeped that one, then bah.gif

Pattaya....or "Pah...thai.....ay" not "PAT_aye_ah" oh, anyhow....i only speak thai.

yesterday i counted 12,424 bar girls.......last year i counted 928748923470238904732948027349803274302894

so i would call this a disaster.

anyhow, stay safe out there......

It is quite simply Patty ya. Nothing else. Listen to a thai or you can listen to the TV. A lot of my 'mates'..make up their own words as they go.

"In Soi Watboon in Jomtien floodwater remains and in some areas side roads remain impassable."

I live in Park Lane, just off Soi Watboon but had no idea. I have been hunkered down the last

few days when the heavy rain started. I will get out on my scooter and look around. facepalm.gif

5555 , Pattaya been a disaster zone since the 90's.

Got news for you buddy, This was happening in the late 80's also, again mainly due to improper zoning and inability to upgrade drainage and roads for increased traffic/Use, I even remember almost crashing into a huge hole way back in 1984 due to a road giving way after a huge storm passed through.

I can remember walking down 2nd road after a storm about 89,it was under water and so was I as I fell into a bloody great hole ,oh happy days