No more Out/In stamps on Thai-Cambo border - for anyone

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A real disaster for tourism.

The international press will write:

Granted Visas for Thailand are worthless.

That is very very stupid.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if the international press picked up on it all- a story about how out / in stamps aren;t being issue for valid visas on the Cambodian border is pretty niche and uninteresting to a worldwide audience. Can't really see it having a massive effect on tourism- this is a an industry that's done a pretty good job of withstanding bombs and coups and riots, I'd be surprised if "your visa isn't valid for a border crossing in and out of Cambodia" is the one to bring it to it's knees.

I get that it's terrible and frustrating for people who are affected by it, but let's not kid ourselves that it's a big deal outside of the bubble.

The head lines of this article are seriously out of place.

I just got off the phone with KCI and was told no problem at the Choeng Chom border crossing. Private cars and bikes are crossing along with commercial vehicles. Only passport holders are allowed , no id cards. You can call Kap Choeng Immigration at 044559127

I never understand why non-Thai who wish to live/work in Thailand follows the rule. In/Out border runs are just ridiculous. Go somewhere else people, We do not want those who break the law (even the definition for 'breaking the law' is in the gray zone).

We are not welcome those paedophile who pray on valunerable Thai and those who can not get it up with their own kind, had to come to Thailand to get a blow job, very pity indeed. I have no sympathy for those who are robbed by lady boys or some prostitutes on the street. Living or retiring in Thailand is not that cheap (if you want to have the same standrad of living as in your own country) so stay home and just visiting Thailand, 30 days max.

I pity you.

Tonight I will say a special prayer just for you.

I think some people are missing the point here.

This isn't about Immigration cracking down on foreigners doing visa runs.

This whole mess will be due to a power struggle within the Immigration dept.

Didn't you see the news last week that the big chief is soon for the chop?

Imo, others within the Immigration dept, and possibly outside, will be trying to mobilise their candidate for the top job.

The result being that foreigners, both farang and scores of migrant workers are getting caught up in all of this.

I just got off the phone with KCI and was told no problem at the Choeng Chom border crossing. Private cars and bikes are crossing along with commercial vehicles. Only passport holders are allowed , no id cards. You can call Kap Choeng Immigration at 044559127

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/856730-border-run-alternatives/

4.000+ posts and denouncing a global moderator? (who wrote the OP)

Well chosen screen name!

Decisions seem to be taken without justification or explanation, leaving everyone puzzled.

Are there any media left to ask WHY is the Cambo border suddenly shut?

Or are we definitely in a dictatorship were a deranged person can just make arbitrary decisions ?

I don't think this has anything to do with the government giving orders instructing them to do this, I honestly believe it is an internal spat and these particular officials are making a statement - which basically ammounts to - if we cannot continue to take backhanders then we will mess things up at these crossings - plus the departmental accusations that are going on between the police and immigration one accusing the other of corruption lol

Exactly. This saga is due to the immigration chappies losing face for having taken bribes and been publicly reprimanded. They have of course thrown their toys out of the pram and are behaving like vengeful spoiled children. Did anybody expect a different outcome? Prayuth has some learning to do on the subject of face, and the consequences of making an (very important person wearing a uniform)underling lose it. He demonstrates a poor understanding of the very essence of Thainess that he wants the world to respect and admire.

I cannot believe what I am reading !

Or do I misunderstand??

So just because the idiots taking bribes at borders have been caught red handed and publicly shamed, since the bombing, they decided to throw a massive tantrum and close everything ???

This surreal lol... I am not believing what I am writing

Can they actually do that?

Like take that type of decision affecting two countries ... alone???

Aren't we lead by an almighty leader called Prayuth??

Or does he allow all this??

This looks more &more like a strike from those who are targetted border officials, who see their pockets limited in filling them .....and getting army officers to watch them on their job ....., looks like " the battle of the different official powers" .....nothing changes in Thailand, as before police stations where looted and nothing done , elections sabotaged while the powers just watched .... as long the right color did it .....amazing Thailand ....do not forget !

why are they choosing to make no changes to crossing the borders with Laos and Malaysia ?

The border Officials there usually require you to spend at least one night in the country before you can be readmitted.

May be they should make it a official requirement for any border so everyone can make their travel plans;-)

Thaivisa.com understands that from tomorrow (Sept 18) Out/In stamps will not be issued at some checkpoints on the Thai-Cambodian border, even if you are in possession of a valid visa.

You pay for a tourist visa with multiple entries and it will be worthless?

You will get your money back then?

That runs clearly out of hand here.

Agreed. You legally acquire a multiple entry visa before arriving only to be told "we changed our minds". Where you cross should be up to the visa holder, they are legal aliens wanting to honor their visa stipulations and as such should be allowed to do it wherever they want. Will Thai immigration pay for any extra costs incurred by this rule? Think not!

Silly me.

Who are these clowns and how on earth are they allowed to simply do as they please in the face of the immigration laws? I thought this government were supposed to be sticklers for the law yet seem to be impotent in the face of a few rogue checkpoints going it alone. What a bloody mess, and one in the eye for the 'Simply follow the law, get the correct visa and you will be fine' brigade.

Jesus wept!

That must be a solo stunt from one boarder division.

Would be nice to know if issued multi entry visas are still valid.

The answer is in the headline of the article.

Two days ago a Filipina with a valid visa, was refused to leave/reenter at Chong Chom, she asked my advise. I ask her to go to Mukdahan, sleep a night and come back. She called last night and said OK, but IO asked her to sleep one night in Savannakhet. Upon reentry no hassle. You can call any Immigration they will tell you the same, no problem, but the IO at border do not stamp.

They fear for their jobs.

This looks more &more like a strike from those who are targetted border officials, who see their pockets limited in filling them .....and getting army officers to watch them on their job ....., looks like " the battle of the different official powers" .....nothing changes in Thailand, as before police stations where looted and nothing done , elections sabotaged while the powers just watched .... as long the right color did it .....amazing Thailand ....do not forget !

This is exactly my opinion too. This is effectively a strike by border officials in Sector 3.

This isn't about a 'crackdown', it's much more complex than that.

If it was a 'crackdown' it would be nationwide.

Oooooh, the criminals who populate Thai Visa are in a tizzy. Their system of using the visa-free 30-day stay, pretending to be "tourists" (oh, puh-leez!!) to live (and, let's face it, work, via the internet, etc.) as ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS is OVER.

Excuse me if I don't shed any crocodile tears for you all.

I would also propose that there's a direct correlation between those bitching about losing their prime method of illegal immigration with those who bitch about illegal immigrants (or maybe all immigrants...especially the brown-skinned and Muslim ones) in their own country.

Payback's a bitch, isn't it, bitches?

and its brought the whingers out most of whom i dont recall them posting before.

so all them bitching about losing their prime method of living here illegally crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

So have they formulated any demand or condition for the reopening?

Are they after bigger bribes?

NO. We asked them to let people sleep one night and we can provide real flight ticket,etc, but the stern answer from all three check points, NO, NO and NO again.

No need to talk for the next few days.

Oooooh, the criminals who populate Thai Visa are in a tizzy. Their system of using the visa-free 30-day stay, pretending to be "tourists" (oh, puh-leez!!) to live (and, let's face it, work, via the internet, etc.) as ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS is OVER.

Excuse me if I don't shed any crocodile tears for you all.

I would also propose that there's a direct correlation between those bitching about losing their prime method of illegal immigration with those who bitch about illegal immigrants (or maybe all immigrants...especially the brown-skinned and Muslim ones) in their own country.

Payback's a bitch, isn't it, bitches?

and its brought the whingers out most of whom i dont recall them posting before.

so all them bitching about losing their prime method of living here illegally crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

Warning to both of you: do not read the OP.

Massive loss of face would be the result of doing so.

They forget one thing and that is when you leave to country by plane the airline, probably not Thai, gets the money. You stay in a hotel and they get the money, again not Thailand. All your food and expenses are paid outside of Thailand so Thailands gets none of the money.

They really dont think very deeply about things. The money lost must be considerable.

Thaivisa.com understands that from tomorrow (Sept 18) Out/In stamps will not be issued at some checkpoints on the Thai-Cambodian border, even if you are in possession of a valid visa.

You pay for a tourist visa with multiple entries and it will be worthless?

You will get your money back then?

That runs clearly out of hand here.

Only if you go to Cambodia.

Thai officials are stupid & corrupt so this is the mess you get when they have no gumption or self control & only worship the $ . I think only way this country likely see required change to government, police, military, immigration, legal services is to first enhance complete collapse & extreme hardship may change attitudes & opinions ...

The hardship is already there for many small business providers in the tourism industry.

In Thai Visa at the moment are indeed offered many shops (bars, hotels, restaurants, other) for sale.

The hardship has nothing to do with border hoppers and everything to do with the west being buggered.

Who are these clowns and how on earth are they allowed to simply do as they please in the face of the immigration laws? I thought this government were supposed to be sticklers for the law yet seem to be impotent in the face of a few rogue checkpoints going it alone. What a bloody mess, and one in the eye for the 'Simply follow the law, get the correct visa and you will be fine' brigade.

Jesus wept!

That must be a solo stunt from one boarder division.

Would be nice to know if issued multi entry visas are still valid.

Of course they are.. you just have to fly out to activate them then. More expensive and more of a hassle.

But at other border points does not seem so, that you must book flights now.

The visa policy is only just a little bit chaotic.

Dear Tourist find out before your trip at which boarder points your granted thai visa is valid!

You have no reading comprehension what so ever.Your visa is valid,but not for 1 day border hops.

They just want that you stay at least 1 day abroad between 2 stays.

And you have gotten confirmation from immigration on this. I highly doubt it.

Maybe "a few" if not only "one", but the idea is that 2-entry Tourist Visa and Visa Exemption entry have never been intended to use for continuous stay. You are supposed to *travel* in another country before coming back.

I recently saw in Suvanabum Airport a sign with a re-entry lane.

Is there the possibility without having to fly, simply emigrate, and then enter again?

You dill.

Archived