PM slams remarks by an ambassador

Lite Beer

PM slams remarks by an ambassador
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha Thursday hit out at an unnamed foreign diplomat for "reporting wrongly" about Thailand.

He also reiterated that Thailand's problems should be solved domestically and there should be no intervention from outside the country.

"What I care most is that we should not allow foreigners to interfere with our country. This is our home, our country. Don't forget that we have our own laws. Outsiders do not understand what's going on in our country," he said.

The prime minister said, "I don't know if he understood what I said. I hear that he can speak Thai. But it seemed he didn't understand me. He reported back wrongly."

He was speaking while presiding over the Thailand Innovation and Design Expo 2015 at the Queen Sirikit National Convention Centre, where he presented the Prime Minister's Export Awards to the country's outstanding exporters.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/PM-slams-remarks-by-an-ambassador-30268999.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-09-17

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Outsiders do not understand"

yup we 'outsiders', we lowly 'farang' and 'aliens' do not understand about precious Thailand that xenophobic of countries

truth is... most Thais don't 'get it' either... but DAMN you Ambassadors!!! go home !!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THAI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to know what the ambassador said. I was taught "Sticks and stones may break my bones will never hurt me"

So if the ambassador was only giving an opinion how was he interfering with Thailands domestic problems? Opinions are opinions actions acting on them is another thing.

Yeah yeah - Thailand is the center of the universe with the most educated population and a wonderful culture based on cheating and fraud where you must not say anything bad about the people doing all the wrong things because they are the elite of the elite who cannot be exposed.

I think foreigners understand far more than the dear tetchy leader gives them credit for. And it is rather undiplomatic to start slagging off the ambassadors of other countries who turn a bling eye to the outrageously corrupt justice system, police system and every other system these elite geniuses have designed to suit their particular traits.

Nationalism gone mad exposed in technicolor!

yup we 'outsiders', we lowly 'farang' and 'aliens' do not understand about precious Thailand that xenophobic of countries

truth is... most Thais don't 'get it' either... but DAMN you Ambassadors!!! go home !!!!!!!!!!!! I AM THAI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fairness, it seems he and many others in the political ranks here don't understand what's going on in the rest of the world. But whateves. Let him throw another tantrum. Thing is, I think these guys are just like any other set of politicians anywhere else in the world. Difference is they- like many of their countrymen- absolutely suck at pulling one over on the lot of us.

Not only did the Ambassador not understand, but it is very apparent that some of the people in Thaivisa also. It is a problem with some some people want to make the country they are in be like the counter they left. Respect the country and it customs, culture and laws you are in. This is part of the problem in the EU, many new arrivals want there laws to override the laws of the country. If you do not like it plans fly out of Thailand also.

Oh how I wish this country had been colonised....maybe they would not be so xenophobic. Many countries, especially less developed ones, DO consult other more advanced nations on how to move forward. Thailand stands to be left behind in th ASEAN region. Noone likes a despot anyway. Leave Singapore to lead the way in education and technology.

Not only did the Ambassador not understand, but it is very apparent that some of the people in Thaivisa also. It is a problem with some some people want to make the country they are in be like the counter they left. Respect the country and it customs, culture and laws you are in. This is part of the problem in the EU, many new arrivals want there laws to override the laws of the country. If you do not like it plans fly out of Thailand also.

Actually a surprising amount of us do "Respect the country and it customs, culture and laws you are in."

Now if only the regime would do likewise......

Okay now I'm worried about staying in Thailand. The situation is getting worst for foreigners. Bombs, lack of human rights, immigration rules changing, borders monitored and now this. Time to get out, before the lynch mobs arrive.

Yes, time for you to go. Your attitude belongs to old-style medieval Thailand which we all hope will be phased out after the reforms.

I will stay because the only lynch mobs I have ever seen here have been red-shirts - and since the coup, they have been kept at home because the people who pay them can't trust the police to protect them now.

Plus I am safe to walk anywhere in Bangkok without fear of a grenade attack and the only people whose rights have been restricted are those intent on taking things back how they were.

The immigration situation will sort itself out once the petulant egos have been satisfied. It's been the same whoever is in charge and always will be with the ridiculous Thai 'Face'.

Oh - you didn't go anywhere. What a surprise.

Okay now I'm worried about staying in Thailand. The situation is getting worst for foreigners. Bombs, lack of human rights, immigration rules changing, borders monitored and now this. Time to get out, before the lynch mobs arrive.

Ah, I was wondering when the usual drama queen comments would appear. Lynch mobs, lol why<deleted>would you think a mob would be after some anon falang, your more likely to die from a drunk driver or your bar girl / boy than a mob.

All of the points you make have been the situation long before the coup and will always be the case in Thailand.

Do you really think your incoherent and irrational comment demonstrates understanding and represents something Thais should listen to?

Oh how I wish this country had been colonised....maybe they would not be so xenophobic. Many countries, especially less developed ones, DO consult other more advanced nations on how to move forward. Thailand stands to be left behind in th ASEAN region. Noone likes a despot anyway. Leave Singapore to lead the way in education and technology.

No country was willing to take on such a role. In any case it would have gone down in history as co habitation, or we invited them to learn thainess by the ruling elite