Best things to entertain kids in Chiang Mai

stament

Just wondering what kids can do in CM.

I know of the play areas in Kad Suan Kaew and also Central Festival. Is there one at Central Airport? What else is there for kids to do? The park, zoo, swimming, bowling, cinema, etc.

More interested in play zones and activities for 4 year and 8 year old boys.

Any recommendations?

Go to the art museum with the 3D paintings on Chang klan road just south of Shangri-La - make sure you have a camera as it is all set up for you to enter the artwork and pose as part of the painting...

Ice Skating at Central Festival - and whatever other attractions can be found in the brochures of tourist activities..

• Night Safari is great for kids (they're open during the day also) - there's a sandy playground with swings and slides

Cup Find Day behind Ratchapreuk botancial gardens is more "Thai" than Nic's (which serves almost exclusively western food and is therefore a bit pricey, and it's 60 baht for 1.5 liter bottle of water)

Plenty of places that teach taekwondo for kids

Kid's yoga at Yoga Mania (Canal Road, past Mae Hia market)

Horse riding at Skill Center

Mother and Toddler groups (where do you live?) e.g. Hang Dong Chiang Mai Playgroup, there's also one towards Mae Rim.

Homeschool groups (contact me if you want for info and/or contacts as we're setting up a Montessori-style Homeschool Center).

Mini golf at Thai at Swiss Resort and Restaurant (towards Sankamphaeng on the Airport Road)

Edited by RapidMethod

Take them to the Insect Museum and the Illusion Museum (Big fun and photo ops).

I'll second the Insect Museum. A lot of cool bugs, spiders, butterflies, all kinds of creepy crawlies, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. My daughter absolutely loves it.

post-152616-0-68924900-1442636918_thumb.

post-152616-0-02180500-1442637526_thumb.

post-152616-0-03087200-1442637557_thumb.

I think your kids will enjoy this as it is unique...after a meal at McDonalds near the Trang Gate Chiang Mai...there is a vendor near a mote across the street from McDonalds that sells little packs of seafood pellets to feed the fish in the mote...feeding the fish is entertaining with a large number of colorful carp vying for the food...

Actually, enjoyed feeding the fish myself...

Try Horizon Village (just google it). It is few kilometers outside of town in Doi Saket. I was there a few years ago with a 6 year old boy and it was a wonderful few days. It has a large botanical garden with greenhouses, a large petting zoo, play structures, small lake with paddle boats, bike paths and bicycles to rent (don't know if you can bring your own), and a swimming pool. I doubt that it has changed much and it was well worth the small cost of admission. Only small drawback at that time was that all the explanations of the plants were in Thai, but if you have a Thai partner this will not be a problem.

I'm the opposite I want the kids outside rather than in play areas, try Huay Tung Thao lake about 12KM north of Chiang Mai great fun for the family you can spend the full day there.

Buy balls, spades, plastic boats etc... on the way, set yourself up at one of the many restaurants around the lake (make sure you have access to toilets and showers for the wee ones) Adults can drink, eat and be merry (as long as your not driving)

A great day out for all.

I think your kids will enjoy this as it is unique...after a meal at McDonalds near the Trang Gate Chiang Mai...there is a vendor near a mote across the street from McDonalds that sells little packs of seafood pellets to feed the fish in the mote...feeding the fish is entertaining with a large number of colorful carp vying for the food...

Actually, enjoyed feeding the fish myself...

I think it is now also billed as "bird food" since the Chinese invasion.

Last week I started a blog documenting all the places that my kids like to go in Chiang Mai. It has GPS coordinates for the locations. Some of the above suggestions I'm looking forward to trying out and including in the blog. In the meantime, here is the link, although there are only a few posts so far.

cmwithkids.tumblr.com

As for playzones, the ones I know of are at the following malls:

Promenada

Kad Suan Kaew

MAYA

Central Festival

Night Safari

Edited by bvn346