Chiang Mai police arrest Israeli over alleged theft of 20 million THB diamonds

Lite Beer

Farang on the photo wearing a police uniform is.......

Chiang Mai immigration volunteer.

From the OP "Mr Bender has now been transferred to Lumpini Police Station for further questioning as officers continue to investigate this matter."

And as I stated he is an officer stationed at Lumpini Police Station.

The blue signboard on the table in front of him says "Chiang Mai Immigration" in english.

However, the owners of H. Y. M International Co., Ltd say that Mr Bender never gave the the diamonds to the customers and instead fled to Chiang Mai in possession of the precious stones.

I know if I had stolen 28 million bahts worth of diamonds i would be leaving the country pronto not moving to Chiang Mai

I doubt any thai jeweller would trust a farang employer with such a sum

its obviously a fit up

both the owner and suspect are israelies

(google H. Y. M International)

Thanks to the moderator for removing various racist comments.

On the 75th anniversary of the Battle Of Britain, in which we fought evil like this (and almost lost), against Nazis who shared this kind of Jew hatred and made these kind of racist jokes. Here it is again.

Like cockroaches, racists like this come out at the mention of Israel. 30% of Israelis are not even Jewish.

Who could have believed, that 75 years later this kind of evil would still be going.

I guess there still cockroaches attracted to this kind of thing.

Thankfully 99% of the people here are good, kind and decent.

Edited by t8769

8) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Thanks to the moderator for removing various racist comments.

On the 75th anniversary of the Battle Of Britain, in which we fought evil like this (and almost lost), against Nazis who shared this kind of Jew hatred and made these kind of racist jokes. Here it is again.

Like cockroaches, racists like this come out at the mention of Israel. 30% of Israelis are not even Jewish.

Who could have believed, that 75 years later this kind of evil would still be going.

I guess there still cockroaches attracted to this kind of thing.

Thankfully 99% of the people here are good, kind and decent.

99 percent? Wow ... you're an optimist. coffee1.gif

However, the owners of H. Y. M International Co., Ltd say that Mr Bender never gave the the diamonds to the customers and instead fled to Chiang Mai in possession of the precious stones.

I know if I had stolen 28 million bahts worth of diamonds i would be leaving the country pronto not moving to Chiang Mai

I doubt any thai jeweller would trust a farang employer with such a sum

its obviously a fit up

No one just gives 28mn baht worth of diamonds to deliver.

No one. This is a complete stitch up.

There's a guy I know from NYC, he moves large amounts of diamonds around the world for DeBeers.

In the jewelry industry, it is common to give something on a signature. Since their Israeli and involved in the diamond industry, they're probably Jewish, and that's a tight community. If he put the squeeze on someone, he'll never be trusted again.

Keep in mind, there are enough diamonds in the world for everyone to have at least a carat. The value is high because the market is controlled. Diamonds only have a perceived value, and the people in the industry know it.

Edited by NOC

I'm surprised that expats living here are not aware that there are foreign police officers officially posted to the Thai police force.

You mean "former foreign police officers"? I don't think UK or other countries can "post" their police officers to permanently serve in foreign countries police forces.

He is a senior British police officer, I've met him during a visit to Lumpini Police Station.

They actually have several British officers posted there (I met this gentleman and 1 younger officer who I took to have recently arrived - this was perhaps 12 months ago)

Very nice guy, helpful, with a typical dry British sense of humour.

I'm surprised that expats living here are not aware that there are foreign police officers officially posted to the Thai police force.

I guess you mean ex or retired senior British police officer.

He retired and ended up doing the same but for free?

His name is Laurie an ex Australian Fed Police Officer who is now with the Chiangmai Police as a Foreign assistant and was with the Chiangmai Tourist Police. The picture is taken at a Chiangmai Police Station

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

He is a senior British police officer, I've met him during a visit to Lumpini Police Station.

They actually have several British officers posted there (I met this gentleman and 1 younger officer who I took to have recently arrived - this was perhaps 12 months ago)

Why would straight arrows,such as myself know such an obscure piece of trivia.You only know because you went to Lumpini.

Ammenment to the above after read more,you know nothing and your eyes are fading.

Edited by louse1953

Perhaps he should be down in Kho Tao

No he's not... completely wrong. He's with the Tourist Police in Chiang Mai.

I'm surprised that posters here are not aware that there are NO foreign police officers officially attached to the Thai force.

You mean "former foreign police officers"? I don't think UK or other countries can "post" their police officers to permanently serve in foreign countries police forces.

He's a tourist police officer in chiang mai and nothing to do with Lumpini as far as I know but he's def based in Chiang Mai as i've met him

seancbk has got this completely wrong

this man was in a position of trust he was given 3 nine carat diamonds to give to a customer but he decided to do a runner instead finishing up in chiang mai he states he is not guilty why did he flee to chiang mai ? where are the diamonds ?

I guess the company has proof that he had those diamonds including a picture taken when he took the diamonds.

As for me I would never ever let someone deliver any valuables on my behalf.

Due diligence may reveal a reward will yield results

British Police full-time at Lumpini Police Station.

Oh really? And you also believe that one half of anglo-american men in Thailand are ex- special forces?

the baroom boasters are of coruse special....needs

Edited by RubbaJohnny

• 1 month later...