Pizza Delivery Recommendations

gguy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best Pizzas' in Pattaya are....

1. La Cantina soi (rungland?) opposite Cat telephone exchange. Thin and about ten to choose from. Prices start at 150 baht. Very tasty, Take away is better, not much of a scene. The best cheese and a Mustard pizza to die for!

2. Drifters' cafe on the beach in Na Jomtien...Wood oven, thin and crispy. Very flavourful, nice different variety. Excellent little chill out place, right on the beach with music from internet radio....Prices start at around 200 baht. Great spot and awesome pizza.

3. Dao cafe Soi Nerm Plub waan. Little thicker crust, nice toppings and with flavour! The owner changed hands, the menu now has changed, the staff has changed, the decoration has changed but thankfully they must have kept the cook....the pizzas are still great!

The best I ever had was in Koh Chang! Wood oven, Mac Bungalows/hotel, white sand beach. A Chicken Masala pizza.....

More great pizza talk, thanks. But:

Wait a moment, please. Did you say, "Mustard pizza..."?

Wow, I've seen and tried a lot of different pizzas (even ordered a Tuna & Bacon w/Anchovies one time in college- ok I was in an altered state- and it was great!) but, whoa, that's a new one on me!

Don't know if I'll be trying that one anytime soon, but have heard a lot about those three pizza places; will have to give them a try. At this point, having tried so many pizzas in Pattaya, my TGF and I are happy with Pizza Big. Not a New York Little Italy or Boston North End pizza... but it's consistently good. We like it every time we go there or have it delivered.

Mustard pizza, huh...?

2. Drifters' cafe on the beach in Na Jomtien...Wood oven, thin and crispy. Very flavourful, nice different variety. Excellent little chill out place, right on the beach with music from internet radio....Prices start at around 200 baht. Great spot and awesome pizza.

Could I please have directions to this place. I live in ban Amphur, love pizzas but don't know Drifters

If you are comming from Ban Amphur towards Pattaya, turn left down the soi that takes you to the Pinnacle resort, follow the road down past the Pinnacle towards the beach, the road turns right along the beach, about 100m on the LEFT/BEACH side you will find Drifters Cafe, big sign outside says Pizza / Nachos, not to be confused with the other Pizza resturant about another 50 m further along on the right, although i think it is closed anyway?

There are various small parking areas along that soi.

If you are comming from Ban Amphur towards Pattaya, turn left down the soi that takes you to the Pinnacle resort, follow the road down past the Pinnacle towards the beach, the road turns right along the beach, about 100m on the LEFT/BEACH side you will find Drifters Cafe, big sign outside says Pizza / Nachos, not to be confused with the other Pizza resturant about another 50 m further along on the right, although i think it is closed anyway?

There are various small parking areas along that soi.

Thanks for the directions. :)

What might be the best pizza in the area is in Jomtien, but I don't know the name of the place. Heading south on Jomtien Beach Road it's almost at the very end of a dead-end soi that sits just after Jomtien Complex, even before Soi 1. It's Italian owned with a wood oven; really good crust and good toppings. There's a bunch of parrots in (and out) of cages right outside the place. Not much of an atmosphere and not sure if they deliver, I always get takeout. Worth the trip if you have not been.

What might be the best pizza in the area is in Jomtien, but I don't know the name of the place. Heading south on Jomtien Beach Road it's almost at the very end of a dead-end soi that sits just after Jomtien Complex, even before Soi 1. It's Italian owned with a wood oven; really good crust and good toppings. There's a bunch of parrots in (and out) of cages right outside the place. Not much of an atmosphere and not sure if they deliver, I always get takeout. Worth the trip if you have not been.

Thanks for the heads-up on this place. Is it open during the daytime do you know? Thanks! :)

Is Scobys still open on 3rd road or did they move? Every time I walk by there it is well shut.

That Jomtien place mentioned, yes I tried it once, it was pretty good. Didn't excite me personally but I thought pretty good.

One of the better new contenders is Volterra on Soi Yensabai, they now have a pizza oven from Italy and their pizza is indeed very good.

Thanks for the heads-up on this place. Is it open during the daytime do you know? Thanks! :)

Yes, they are open in the daytime. I think they open at 2PM.

Let us know what you think...

----------

I'll try the Volterra pizza, been there a few times before. Only thing I don't like is the neighborhood. Last time there, violence almost erupted right outside as a result of skirmish almost gone out of control by local gangs of young boys.

Edited by kicking

Thanks, found the place easily and it serves great high-quality pizzas. Will revisit. Thanks! :D

Thanks, found the place easily and it serves great high-quality pizzas. Will revisit. Thanks! :D

I don't think its entirely clear to everyone exactly which place you are speaking about now.

I don't think its entirely clear to everyone exactly which place you are speaking about now.

Sorry for causing confusion.

I refer to the recommendation made in post # 73

• 3 weeks later...

Earlier today I called Pizza Company to order a medium pan pizza and garlic bread, and was informed that there is now a B30 delivery charge.

At first, she said "Today there is a B30 delivery charge," and I thought because of the specific wording that maybe because it was raining that there was a charge, so I asked "Why B30 charge today?" and after putting me on hold (??) she returned to say that starting yesterday there will be a B30 delivery charge.

Bummer. :)

Earlier today I called Pizza Company to order a medium pan pizza and garlic bread, and was informed that there is now a B30 delivery charge.

At first, she said "Today there is a B30 delivery charge," and I thought because of the specific wording that maybe because it was raining that there was a charge, so I asked "Why B30 charge today?" and after putting me on hold (??) she returned to say that starting yesterday there will be a B30 delivery charge.

Bummer. :)

I am surprised and deeply disappointed to hear of this delivery charge.

I used to tip the delivery boy 20 baht anyway but now I probably won't so the delivery boys will be the losers in this.

I think that the time has come (for me) to buy frozen pizzas from the supermarket and cook them myself when I get the 'beer munchies' at 10pm.

Is this open Scoby's near the Roo bar and also that new King of David restaurant? Are they take out only? I am really mystified, the times I have walked by there is a sign above this shophouse saying Scoby's and it is has been totally shut up, no window to peer through even.

Is this open Scoby's near the Roo bar and also that new King of David restaurant? Are they take out only? I am really mystified, the times I have walked by there is a sign above this shophouse saying Scoby's and it is has been totally shut up, no window to peer through even.

Great pizza talk... again! Two things come to mind. First, all of this discussion makes me want to try Scoby's, too. So, I too would like to know if they're actually open or not. So, if I don't get a chance to go over soon, I hope someone else will be able to scout out the situation and get to the bottom of this brick oven mystery. Second, what's that you say? King David (kosher) is open? I read about that place a while back and went over to have a look. This was about 6 months ago, about noon-ish. ... dark & closed. Sooooo, if they're open now, I'd like to give them a try, too. Please, let's hear more about King David Restaurant. Thanks,

-Michael

I saw a group of yarmulke wearing eaters eating at King David a few days ago through their window. I have heard mixed reviews of their food. They are Sephardic so don't expect typical American style Jewish food but I did read they intended to expand their menu. So yes they are open, but not on Saturdays.

Edited by Jingthing

Scoby's opens rather late, 2 or 4 pm?, and is a family run so may close for family business at times. Every time I've called (in the evening) they've been open. I posted the number in some other thread.

Oh, I went to Just Burger with my wife for dinner--absolutely excellent. His special sauce is great-my wife was slathering it on her american-swiss-cheese-bacon-chicken burger. The fries were excellent, and the American ketchup (catsup) is clearly superior to its Thai counterpart (imitation). My wife was amazed, as I was. I remember ketchup of the Thai variety back in the States--maybe they've improved the recipe? Maybe I'm getting senile?

Edited by Jimmyd