Hotel/Accomodation Issue (Advice)

SidJames

I used booking.com to book a house for my family for one night about 2 weeks ago.

It was a small local Thai run place & is often the case with these types of places they ask for payment up front.

I paid into their local bank account but not in time for them to hold the booking so they cancelled it.

No problem I thought, plenty more fish in this particular sea & I was asked by booking.com to forward my email address so that the hotelier could refund my money.

I did but now they are claiming that my local Thai bank account is not accepting the repayment.

I went into my local branch & explained.

They assured me that there was no reason why they would refuse a simple cash payment & so they wrote me a letter in Thai on their headed paper explaining my exact bank details & the many ways that a local can pay money directly into my account which I scanned & emailed off.

Still no money has been paid.

I've emailed booking.com holding them equally culpable & demanding immediate repayment but have nothing for a few days now.

This hotel deals with tourists from every nationality that visits Pattaya so must be used to dealing with bank accounts world wide.

I'm not so sure that really have a problem & are just playing silly buggers in the hope that I will just go away.

What options do I have if they continue in this vain?

Sid.

I sympathise with your problem and, whilst I do not have an experience in Thailand yet, I recently had an awful time getting 400 pounds out of a car rental company in the UK.

The similarity?. Booking through third parties on line. It is OK when everything goes swimmingly, but once there's a problem the buck passing begins. "Nowt to do with me govenor"

Hope you get your money back.