Forensic team to testify in Koh Tao murder trial

webfact

But Mr Hall told the court that the examination by the Norfolk coroner discovered .......... (REMOVED) contradicting the contents of the Thai pathologists report conducted immediately after her death.

The prosecution has alleged that her injuries are consistent ......... (REMOVED)

So whats the deal? Gunshot???

The deal is to imply a lot by saying a little.

My guess is that the very initial pathologist reports did not clearly state rape had been committed but subsequently it did, so it appears Mr. Hall is doing a bit of cherrypicking here.

You know Aleg as there was some commentary noting something of a sexual nature....that could be true. Which is not much of the shocker I was expecting.
But they are saying cause of death so therein lies the contradiction

From what I know the Thai autopsy report states David Miller's cause of death as drowning. My guess is that the UK report doesn't or can't establish that, which wouldn't be surprising since that is usually determined by finding significant amounts of water in the lungs, that will certainly not be present after the first autopsy is carried out and the body embalmed.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not the OJ Simpson trial and what evidence should the judge make an objective analysis on? All i can see is an alleged forced confession and a DNA sample that cannot be verified. It seems you need to take a leaf out of your own book and think objectively.

you are right though, I too hope the judge can analyse the evidence and take it on its merits, from what I can see the B2 will then be going home with their family.

Have you considered that the only side you got information from is from the Defenses Side reporting to the Media. Have you seen the Prosecution in the last 10 months standing outside with Reporter and talking about this case like them. Well I haven't. So just because the Prosecution doesn't get into a Cat Fight with the Defense Team outside with the Media, it doesn't mean everything said about this case is true.

I personally would rather wait to hear the information given after the Verdict is handed down, and if any is given and available then. Only the people in the court room can tell what has gone on, to a certain extent as they won't see all documents, but the Judges will. Reporting from the Defense Team seems to me that it might be biased, considering we all know what side they are on. But up to you if you want to believe every word they say.

It's evident that the people that claim there is no case against the Burmese are getting 90% of their information regarding the trial from statements coming from the defense, there is an obvious confirmation bias at work.

Interesting choice of words again. I for one am looking at the case day to day as many on here are. I'm getting my information and feeling that there's no case against the Burmese from the FACTS that the prosecution haven't provided anything to the contrary. There's no bias in my feelings on this case and certainly as a intelligent person I am capable of reading between any lines and seeing the wood from the trees. In this case however up to now it's plainly obvious to anyone but those who are mentally challenged or have a interest or agenda that this is a set up to rival anything gone before even in Thailand. It's a farce that has no justification to have gone to trial and certainly in any honest jurisdiction would have ended weeks ago due to lack of any proof of involvement. It's a disgrace !! Edited by Nigeone

I'm thinking if the prosecution is going to keep dickin around and not release full documentation for a clear and open analysis by the defense...it might be about time to reveal that coroner's report from the UK. It seems like the prosecution are in the final 10 seconds of a basketball game...they have the ball and are passing it around to run out the clock.

Sounds like a good idea but apparently the UK agreed with Thailand that the report would not be made public,, so we will never know what is in it. All we know from the UK press is that the forensic team in the UK have some "serious" issues about the Thai pathologist report and that they felt it was their duty to present to the court in Thailand.

It was definitely suggested it would help the case of the defence, but we will probably never know.

I know some of it but was scolded for mentioning maybe this and maybe that.. So I deleted it. It will come out in the inquest anyway. They cant keep it quiet forever. Freedoms in the UK allow people to know the truth at some point.

People in the UK should be furnished with the truth now, not some point in the future. If I was planning on a holiday to Koh Tao I would want to be reassured by the UK Government that they had done everything possible in their power to ensure that they were 100% confident that the evil people that committed the horrendous crimes on their citizens only a year ago were not still free to repeat their deeds. What benefit is it to anyone to withhold such vital information?

Better for everyone to just avoid Koh Tao all together.

Actually I am, indeed, an expert on the subject.

Wow...qualifications please and where they were attained from. Because if we are to believe you we will need credible proof of said qualifications so we can at last believe what your saying... It's good to see maybe you might have some certificates to your name and I'm interested as to where you were awarded them?

I'm sure the cyber stalkers here would love to know that.

So, fat chance.

So you haven't any then and are just making up stories like the prosecution and RTP are doing..thought so..at least we know though !! You've asked many times for posters on here to justify themselves and qualifications and opinion and I have asked you to do the same and you can't...okay that's fine and I understand why for sure !!

. .

It is a waste of time to answer you GB, like always you twist the truth and make convenient mistakes, I won't point to them one by one, but you know absolutely nothing about what can be recovered from Hannah's body so you see it as irrelevant, I am sorry, but I, and many many other don't look at it the same way.

Like with AH you choose to try to discredit the source of the message when the message doesn't suit your agenda, I put a lot more trust in this forensic expert than on the RTP ones, but it is my opinion and you obviously don,t share it, so leave it at that...

Hard for anyone to see how I twisted the truth when you deleted my post but left my name on it only.

But it does seem to me that the person who do this, like you for example, is the real person twisting the truth here. Go Figure? You replying to an empty post. Maybe you will delete this one also?

Wow...qualifications please and where they were attained from. Because if we are to believe you we will need credible proof of said qualifications so we can at last believe what your saying... It's good to see maybe you might have some certificates to your name and I'm interested as to where you were awarded them?

I'm sure the cyber stalkers here would love to know that.
So, fat chance.

So you haven't any then and are just making up stories like the prosecution and RTP are doing..thought so..at least we know though !! You've asked many times for posters on here to justify themselves and qualifications and opinion and I have asked you to do the same and you can't...okay that's fine and I understand why for sure !!

The cctv of running man has been in the public domain for a year now, at no point did AleG offer any of his expertise that he claims or make any mention of it. Somebody that possesses these skills would have offered this at the first opportunity possible. AleG waits till he discovers there's a real "expert" giving evidence in court and then announces a childish statement and claim that he's also an expert.

Credibility from this poster went some weeks ago when the trial started and the truth started to reveal itself. Truth is not this posters greatest attribute.

Oh I know don't worry. It's just good to make sure everyone is very very sure of the point you make and although he is clever he just fell into it there didn't he with his false claims...again..! Sad! That people can stoop so low. There's nothing wrong with this world just with a lot of the people that live in it.

Fantastic work... comparing a walk on flip flops with a barefoot run. rolleyes.gif

I take it your now also an expert on Gait technology and base your comment on a handful of stills without seeing the movie or hearing the testimony from the "real" expert

If you were indeed an expert then you would have offered your expertise any time up to a year ago when the cctv of running man was first put out there in the public domain. Somebody with that skill would have offered this at the first opportunity possible. Instead you make a stupidly childish comment about wearing flip flops and implying that this discounts a professional gait analysis.

Then after discovering that a real expert for the defense in Gait Analysis who has "real credential" testified in court and gave contradictory evidence to the RTP line you create a breaking news story by making an unsubstantiated claim that you are indeed an expert also! AleG we are not that gullible although you and the RTP would wish it that way.

My guess if Aleg is the authority on gaits as he claims he would offer more of an in depth analysis than just making an empty claim about implied differences between a running barefoot gait compared to a walking flip flopped gait. I for one have no idea but i reason the legs and feet based on structure will still have the same sort of position in movement (direction toes point)

But i am also convinced that video is fresh milk so whadda I know.

You don't even have to be an expert to find out, do a run barefoot, then do the same with flip flops, I guarantee that you will run differently.

For starters when running or walking barefoot you don't have to worry about the flip flops flying off at the end of the leg extension.

Besides that when running people tend to instinctively straighten their feet so that the run is more efficient the muscles and tendons in the calf work as springs, absorbing energy during the contact phase and releasing it to propel the foot in the direction it is pointing at. That is why you can see people walking casually with their feet pointing outwards but when running they point more straight ahead.

In any case the differences would be quite small, and using a grainy, dark CCTV footage as a basis for analysis is basing things on shaky grounds.

This is not the OJ Simpson trial and what evidence should the judge make an objective analysis on? All i can see is an alleged forced confession and a DNA sample that cannot be verified. It seems you need to take a leaf out of your own book and think objectively.

you are right though, I too hope the judge can analyse the evidence and take it on its merits, from what I can see the B2 will then be going home with their family.

Have you considered that the only side you got information from is from the Defenses Side reporting to the Media. Have you seen the Prosecution in the last 10 months standing outside with Reporter and talking about this case like them. Well I haven't. So just because the Prosecution doesn't get into a Cat Fight with the Defense Team outside with the Media, it doesn't mean everything said about this case is true.

I personally would rather wait to hear the information given after the Verdict is handed down, and if any is given and available then. Only the people in the court room can tell what has gone on, to a certain extent as they won't see all documents, but the Judges will. Reporting from the Defense Team seems to me that it might be biased, considering we all know what side they are on. But up to you if you want to believe every word they say.

It's evident that the people that claim there is no case against the Burmese are getting 90% of their information regarding the trial from statements coming from the defense, there is an obvious confirmation bias at work.

Yes, there certainly does seem to be obvious confirmation bias at work, at least in many of your own statements!

My guess if Aleg is the authority on gaits as he claims he would offer more of an in depth analysis than just making an empty claim about implied differences between a running barefoot gait compared to a walking flip flopped gait. I for one have no idea but i reason the legs and feet based on structure will still have the same sort of position in movement (direction toes point)

You don't even have to be an expert to find out, do a run barefoot, then do the same with flip flops, I guarantee that you will run differently.

For starters when running or walking barefoot you don't have to worry about the flip flops flying off at the end of the leg extension.

Besides that when running people tend to instinctively straighten their feet so that the run is more efficient the muscles and tendons in the calf work as springs, absorbing energy during the contact phase and releasing it to propel the foot in the direction it is pointing at. That is why you can see people walking casually with their feet pointing outwards but when running they point more straight ahead.

In any case the differences would be quite small, and using a grainy, dark CCTV footage as a basis for analysis is basing things on shaky grounds.

The reason Gait Analysis technology was created is specifically for the reasons you mentioned above, where its difficult to identify the witness with poor cctv. A professional makes allowances for all scenarios including footwear, he would not be an expert if he did not. A fact you seem to overlook despite being a self professed expert on the matter.

Now your discrediting the profession because it does not suit your opinion.

If you were indeed an expert then you would have offered your expertise any time up to a year ago when the cctv of running man was first put out there in the public domain. Somebody with that skill would have offered this at the first opportunity possible. Instead you make a stupidly childish comment about wearing flip flops and implying that this discounts a professional gait analysis.

Then after discovering that a real expert for the defense in Gait Analysis who has "real credential" testified in court and gave contradictory evidence to the RTP line you create a breaking news story by making an unsubstantiated claim that you are indeed an expert also! AleG we are not that gullible although you and the RTP would wish it that way.

I did, I called out the people claiming that Nomsod and the "running man" were the same person as being full of it, for example when they fixated on the arm movements of the men on the videos, the armchair detectives decided that they must be the same person based on Nomsod raising his hand to move his hair to one side on a video and the man on the Koh Tao CCTV footage raising an arm to reach across his chest to, presumably, scratch the opposite arm. Apparently from that they deduced the man has a gimp arm. :rolleyes:

Besides that to compare gaits you need, wait for it... something to compare things to. Neither I, you or any of the people that claim that the man on the running footage can't possibly be one of the defendants have ever seen him running; drunk or sober as the case may be.

"stupidly childish", you just can't help yourself, can't you?

The reason Gait Analysis technology was created is specifically for the reasons you mentioned above, where its difficult to identify the witness with poor cctv. A professional makes allowances for all scenarios including footwear, he would not be an expert if he did not. A fact you seem to overlook despite being a self professed expert on the matter.

Of course our resident expert would also be aware that gait refers to movement of the limbs and is far from restricted to footfall. It also involves mechanics of movement of the entire body to establish patterns and matches..But of course you know that already AleG as your impressive qualification you posted show. Be careful AleG as maybe,just maybe there's a person on here who actually does know about Anatomy and Gait!

Of course our resident expert would also be aware that gait refers to movement of the limbs and is far from restricted to footfall. It also involves mechanics of movement of the entire body to establish patterns and matches..But of course you know that already AleG as your impressive qualification you posted show. Be careful AleG as maybe,just maybe there's a person on here who actually does know about Anatomy and Gait!

Yes our resident Gait expert also failed to notice that a real expert was able to make a professional opinion on this cctv without going to Koh Samui prison and taking video of the suspect running or walking as a comparison

It reminds of some people here trying to paint a bad picture of Andy Hall intentions and motives, seriously if he did all he does for the money, he didn't choose the right cases, and wouldn't have taken the risks he has taken in the natural fruit case.

Like someone said before, I strongly believe that without him, this trial would have been very very different, the B2 owe him big time. The coverage he has given to the case saved them so far.

The donations don't amount to huge sums and for such a trial, you need funds obviously, the 2 accused wouldn't have been able to fight the accusation without the generosity of many concerned donors.

But it is easier to attack the messenger than it's message I guess...

It looks like the Prosecution has picked up on some of the ugly rumours surrounding Andy Hall which were started by a certain element within the expat community on Koh Samui, one of whom was posting on this forum until very recently. Their motives for perpetuating these rumours is beyond my understanding. Human nature is vile sometimes sad.png

I doubt the prosecution have just taken the word of some expat, there is no problem setting up a fundraiser in Thailand but if you are not spending that money for what it is meant for then it is fraud, so for example you can't ask for funds for a fair trial then use that money to set a propaganda machine with websites and forums to try discredit reputable forums the prosecution and try and push the blame on to innocent people, that would be classed as fraud.

Its not for the prosecution to take the word, its for the judges sorry, why do all your posts center around trying discrediting Andy Hall by the way?

Edited by metisdead

I wonder if they also asked Andy where the passport the Defense magically produced in December came from ? Why he told everyone in his fundraising page the B2 had been in Thailand for 3 years when in fact this is a lie.

below are three different links confirming it ,they had in a interview with Charlie Campbell frim time.com and in the court said that they were here for 2 years.

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2015/07/07/trial-of-two-murder-suspects-in-thailand-starts-this-week/

https://www.dvb.no/news/koh-tao-murders-zaw-linn-details-police-torture-burma-thailand-myanmar/56989

http://time.com/3955081/thailand-koh-tao-murder-david-miller-hannah-witheridge-zaw-lin-wai-phyo-burma-myanmar/

Fireplay

When we stand we tend to have our feet slightly pointed outwards and even when we walk that happens to a degree. However when we run we tend to have our toes pointed straighter as its a more efficient method as the power is transferred up through the body directly . Try it sometime. Stand as normal with your toes pointing slightly out and bend your knees and they will go outwards slightly and you lose propulsion that way. If you stand with your toes and feet parallel to each other and bend your knees you will find the movement will be upwards and therefore more efficient propulsion up through your body. Same kind of applies when running. But AleG will know that of course as he's qualified !

(UK) Forensic Image Comparison and Interpretation Evidence: Guidance for Prosecutors and Investigators

3.4. Subjective Analysis Due to the absence of a suitable database of facial features and no universally accepted methodology as to how two facial images should be compared, the analysis aspect of facial image comparison (and many other image interpretation tasks such as vehicle identification and gait comparison) is considered a subjective process. Therefore the opinion given by the expert will be based upon their competency, training and study of the specialist subject, rather than objective measurements. (more)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/405528/Image_Comparison_and_Interpretation_Guidance_Issue_1_160115.pdf

Fireplay

When we stand we tend to have our feet slightly pointed outwards and even when we walk that happens to a degree. However when we run we tend to have our toes pointed straighter as its a more efficient method as the power is transferred up through the body directly . Try it sometime. Stand as normal with your toes pointing slightly out and bend your knees and they will go outwards slightly and you lose propulsion that way. If you stand with your toes and feet parallel to each other and bend your knees you will find the movement will be upwards and therefore more efficient propulsion up through your body. Same kind of applies when running. But AleG will know that of course as he's qualified !

That's what it is! Thank you sir! Looks like our resident gait expert has questionable expertise!

Post the whole quote if you re going to try to ridicule it, you have your buddies accusing an expert on DNA questioning her "expertise" from the comfort of behind a keyboard where they themselves have zero credibility and one ardent RTP supporter has been proven to be a liar on more then one occasion themselves.

When you're accusing a qualified person about their background and areas of expertise openly on a public forum without so much as any weight behind it to question that expertise, I would personally class these comments as defamatory.

But then again, it's pretty much evident that you're a previous banned member, as you bear striking similarities to another RTP supporter who was nothing more than a baiter and troll.

You lot are sadly like the flame the moths are drawn to, you offer nothing of substance as to why you believe the RTP version of events, no analysis of what they did right, or wrong, no condemnation of their handling of the crime scene, but crack on, no real biggie, you're just another one to add to the ignore list.

I can also make unsubstantiated claims by saying " I can spot a shill a mile away" and there's a few who have been constant here, baiting and trolling and offering nothing that would actually make people think " hmmmm that's actually quite a good point "

I would also go as far as saying that some people here are "plants" again I can make this unsubstantiated claim because of others can make such claims about their "expertise" so can I.

Im glad I have you a good laugh, and you felt so amused to call it the joke of the day ;)

The real joke of the day is using Koh Tao RTP investigation and truthful in the same paragraph ;)

(UK) Forensic Image Comparison and Interpretation Evidence: Guidance for Prosecutors and Investigators

3.4. Subjective Analysis Due to the absence of a suitable database of facial features and no universally accepted methodology as to how two facial images should be compared, the analysis aspect of facial image comparison (and many other image interpretation tasks such as vehicle identification and gait comparison) is considered a subjective process. Therefore the opinion given by the expert will be based upon their competency, training and study of the specialist subject, rather than objective measurements. (more)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/405528/Image_Comparison_and_Interpretation_Guidance_Issue_1_160115.pdf

Exactly and why its so important their credentials are checked for their opinion to be considered.

Exactly and why its so important their credentials are checked for their opinion to be considered.

Yes -- and who hired the specialist and whether the testimony of the specialist supports those who hired them should also be taken into consideration.

Yes -- and who hired the specialist and whether the testimony of the specialist supports those who hired them should also be taken into consideration.

Well thats pretty obvious and applies for any witness or expert, the prosecution team or a defense team is hardly likely to call in an expert to testify on their behalf if the evidence goes against their case.

Oh wait, correction the prosecution had plenty of witnesses who helped the defense

It's called due diligence.

If you're bringing in an "expert" and you fail to do due diligence and make sure they are who they say they are, and what they say they are and have the subject matter expertise, you're the one whose credibility will be called into question along with your " expert" .

I see it all the time in news paper articles , those who are supposed security and defence "experts" who can't even get weapons terminology and weapons designations correct !!

Well thats pretty obvious and applies for any witness or expert, the prosecution team or a defense team is hardly likely to call in an expert to testify on their behalf if the evidence goes against their case.

Oh wait, correction the prosecution had plenty of witnesses who helped the defense

From the above -- Well that's pretty obvious -- So is checking their credentials. But that's OK -- I watched large portions of the OJ Simpson trial real time in 1995 and I believe for any expert who offers a subjective opinion no matter what their credentials, the other side can find an expert just as highly credentialed of not more so to contradict them.

Edited by JLCrab

Fantastic work... comparing a walk on flip flops with a barefoot run. rolleyes.gif

I take it your now also an expert on Gait technology and base your comment on a handful of stills without seeing the movie or hearing the testimony from the "real" expert

Expert = a drip under pressure.

Describes you extremely well.