1st class insurance on older cars

streboris

I have a 2004 honda. This year is the first year I could not get first class cover. I always had first class up until that time. Not a big deal because I only drive it on weekends now. I have 2+ insurance. It basically covers everything except my self-inflicted damage (getting minor scratches fixed, etc).

Im lost with this Dealership/ Workshop nonsense.....Dealerships dont do Crash Damage , only supply Genuine Parts to approved Body Repair Shops.As i said in the BMW question.

Hi Ace

I think you are basically correct but I do know that Ford PPS Lam Lukka have their own Body shop ... IF ONLY they would find me the EV T+ that has been on order for months ... and I just looked up and found this... http://www.ford.co.th/en/ford-owners/service/paint-and-repair so actually Ford have what appears to be six of their own body shops.

So again Ford are leading the field ...smile.png

Isuzu, I know have Tri Petch Dealership on Vibhavadi Road and there is a body shop,on site.

Edited by JAS21

Im lost with this Dealership/ Workshop nonsense.....Dealerships dont do Crash Damage , only supply Genuine Parts to approved Body Repair Shops.As i said in the BMW question.

Hi Ace

I think you are basically correct but I do know that Ford PPS Lam Lukka have their own Body shop ... IF ONLY they would find me the EV T+ that has been on order for months ... and I just looked up and found this... http://www.ford.co.th/en/ford-owners/service/paint-and-repair so actually Ford have what appears to be six of their own body shops.

So again Ford are leading the field ...smile.png

Isuzu, I know have Tri Petch Dealership on Vibhavadi Road and there is a body shop,on site.

Tri Petch is a Distributor and Dealer perhaps the biggest here, and they can stay busy.Your link Ford shows Quality Workshops, pity they do a better job than the Factory....Once you leave Bkk its hard to find someplace like that,when you can VOR Motors get priority,and one waits for cosmetic stuff.... 25 Years on the road here and averaging 55KPA i do have a rough idea of how tings work. In general, The ATM takes it to Jungle Jims Chevy Buri Ram ,they whip it round to Nops Spray Shed,slap 40% on the tab and Ferang thinks Jim fixed it. Must admit Toyo and Honda do find some nice places and dont lie to you,even Invoiced by the Workshop that did the work..You just collect it from the Showroom.

Few insurance companies provides 1st class insurance for cars beyond 10 years old also. conditions apply.

This is true. So shop around and don't give up. My friend has a 16 year old car with 1st class insurance every year. Bought new, one driver, still regularly serviced by dealer, long time no claims, etc.

When I said I would not buy the car with only 2nd class Insurance, they managed to find a company who would do 1st class but with a max Value of 150,000 baht. Which is only 60% of the price I paid for the car... not ideal, but I think better than 2nd class.

When I said I would not buy the car with only 2nd class Insurance, they managed to find a company who would do 1st class but with a max Value of 150,000 baht. Which is only 60% of the price I paid for the car... not ideal, but I think better than 2nd class.

You did well, 150k is generous for a 16 year old pickup

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently so... I just received the policy/certificate and it states 100,000 baht, not 150 as told...

Could you give me some information on this one, please? My truck's 17 already and I've spent a lot of money, almost everything's new.

I love my truck more than a new Triton, or similar. Got a L 200 GXL, with the 2.8 l engine. Driving it is Sanook pure.....

I'm worried when I see the Sisaket hit and run drivers. Even 100 K would be okay for me.

Can you please page me the needed information. I'd really appreciate to have a 1st class insurance, even if they only cover 100 K.

Thanks a lot in advance. wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

Apparently so... I just received the policy/certificate and it states 100,000 baht, not 150 as told...

Could you give me some information on this one, please? My truck's 17 already and I've spent a lot of money, almost everything's new.

I love my truck more than a new Triton, or similar. Got a L 200 GXL, with the 2.8 l engine. Driving it is Sanook pure.....

I'm worried when I see the Sisaket hit and run drivers. Even 100 K would be okay for me.

Can you please page me the needed information. I'd really appreciate to have a 1st class insurance, even if they only cover 100 K.

Thanks a lot in advance. wai2.gif

I'm in Bangkok at the moment. I'll send you the info when I get back home next week

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Few insurance companies provides 1st class insurance for cars beyond 10 years old also. conditions apply.

This is true. So shop around and don't give up. My friend has a 16 year old car with 1st class insurance every year. Bought new, one driver, still regularly serviced by dealer, long time no claims, etc.

I recently changed to AXA Insurance for 1st Class insurance on my 12 year old pickup. AXA valued it at 200,000 baht - about 40,000 more than AIG, who were my previous insurer and who would not give 1st class.

AXA also give free roadside assistance - flat tyre, no fuel, etc.

AXA also cover you if your driving license has expired.

Probably so..That is how insurance works. Once claimed, your next premium will be increased.

Went to body repair shop and they helped me called up the insurance and they said it can be claimed.

And did they tell you the premium will increase ? I had damage repaired and my premium didn't increase but decreased (age of the car). How do you explain that ?

<snip> Just pray it won't jump as the renewable is just around the corner

What do you mean by that ??

Oke I know what you mean, and NO it didn't jump.

It was a minor scratch (done by my BIL) and was repaired at the official Mitsu garage just a 1-2 months before the renewal and we didnt have an increase as said, only the decrease (as I already said) because of the age of the car.

Edited by MJCM

Self-damaged car body repair is covered under 1st class insurance?

Yes - but only if it's accidental wink.png

And will it increase your premium for the next year if you claim those "accidental" mishaps ?

Probably, but I can't know for sure - the only times my cars have had accidental self damage was just before they got sold. Lucky or unlucky? biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Edited by IMHO

I'm told by the missus, when she translated my policy. I'm only covered for one own vehicle repair, if it's my fault... which it always is in thailand...

A big german guy on a moped, did a face plant into the rear quarter of my car a couple of weeks ago... he had no helmet and was lucky to hit the middle of the panel...

So, that's my one repair used up!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk